PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on TAMU?

BB30
09-16-2015, 01:28 PM
What are some thoughts about the aggies? Are they a legit threat in the west this year? Also, considering visiting Kyle field any thoughts or suggestions?

Todd4State
09-16-2015, 01:30 PM
We'll lose to them unless we fix our secondary.

missouridawg
09-16-2015, 01:37 PM
We will have a very tough time winning.

Kyle Field will be one of the best venues in college football that you'll ever visit. They recently bowled in the entire stadium and it's absolutely gigantic. The people there, as weird as they are, as nice as hell too. No shit, as I was making my way down the aisle to my seat 2 years ago, a few guys stood up and shook my hand and said "welcome to Kyle Field". And they weren't just being jerks knowing that Johnny Foosball was going to drop 51 one us. Well worth the trip.

Thompson92
09-16-2015, 01:50 PM
We probably won't know much until after they play Arkansas, though I expect them to win that one. They look good to me, even though their opponents haven't been very strong. A lot of people didn't think Chavis would improve the defense over the summer, but if he's made any improvement, they could be very good. The talent is certainly there.

Kyle Field is a once in a lifetime experience. If you don't mind some MSU-related jokes, you should also go to Midnight Yell on Friday night. The halftime shows are usually pretty neat too. Aggies are usually pretty polite to visiting fans (unless you're UT, LSU, Ark, TTech, etc.) Bryan/College Station is a nice area, nothing spectacular, but you can find some great TX BBQ/Mexican food. The roads will be a mess on gameday, though. If you have any questions about the area, PM me.

bulldawg28
09-16-2015, 02:34 PM
We'll lose to them unless we fix our secondary.

And Dak's running

BB30
09-16-2015, 02:37 PM
I'm not quite sold on their defense yet(think we will score with them) but our secondary will definitely have to have a good game.. and hopefully by game 5 our entire running game will be improved.. from run blocking to our running back situation getting straightened out. All of that will help open up Dak's ability to run the ball.

Liverpooldawg
09-16-2015, 02:42 PM
They looked really good against ASU.

ETDawg
09-16-2015, 03:15 PM
Hotels are hard to come by even with two night minimum at rack rates. Plan on staying outside College Station and driving in. If you get a chance to go, go!

Saltydog
09-16-2015, 03:37 PM
I know Warren was better in the second half but he still has a long way to go. Right now, I'd say our chances aren't good of coming out of their with a "W".

cbrunt29
09-16-2015, 03:54 PM
Yeah, TAMU will be a tougher game than we originally thought. The good news is, Auburn and Arkansas are looking more "winnable"

mic
09-16-2015, 04:06 PM
Every road game is tough in SEC except at vandy ..
Just need to find a way to split them out 2-2

DancingRabbit
09-16-2015, 04:20 PM
They looked really good against ASU.

But how good is ASU? Playing at home they were tied with Cal Poly going into the 4th quarter. Ended up winning 35-21.

sandwolf
09-16-2015, 05:09 PM
But how good is ASU? Playing at home they were tied with Cal Poly going into the 4th quarter. Ended up winning 35-21.

This. I wouldn't be surprised to see them have a season pretty similar to what they had last year. That being said, it will be extremely difficult for us to come out of College Station with a win.

SheltonChoked
09-16-2015, 06:42 PM
Houston and Austin are way too close and far more fun. Don't stay in College Station.

BulldogBear
09-16-2015, 06:45 PM
Most of you know my thoughts....

TAMU = garbage until they really stop a good offense

Until they distance themselves from the offensive focus that permeates in Texas down to middle school they will never contend for the SEC title. IOW, they're improved but I've seen nothing that makes me think they're not still a pretender.

SheltonChoked
09-16-2015, 06:45 PM
I was at that game and I'll have to disagree. It was very close until ASU had to start taking risks to try and win. aSU got predictable ( passing every down) and got blown out.

It was the first game, but I was not overly impressed with the Aggies. I still don't think they have the secondary to run Chavis's defense. The front 4 looked good rushing the passer though.

TUSK
09-16-2015, 09:42 PM
A&M is going to be a problem... in the future...

They are definitely, very beatable now, but they gonna be MFers/"Big 7" material before long...

too much money and care too much...

Cabo32
09-16-2015, 10:04 PM
Gonna be a tougher game that what I anticipated before the season started..Garrett is a extremely quick rushing the edge...Kyle and Kirk are a really good QB-WR tandem. I'm looking forward to that game, it should be a good one