PDA

View Full Version : Pure Gold

starkvegasdawg
09-15-2015, 11:16 PM
Fox Sports article on college football teams with the most arrests the last 5 years. TSUN was tied for 6th. Here is the remark for them...

Hugh Freeze is going to take these boys straight to church. (Where they will then abscond with the offering plates).

Swagger Vance
09-15-2015, 11:54 PM
Would be alot more but I'm pretty convinced, in my own mind anyways, that the oxford Justice system is bought off and/or willfully blind.

BossDawg
09-16-2015, 01:38 AM
Would be alot more but I'm pretty convinced, in my own mind anyways, that the oxford Justice system is bought off and/or willfully blind.

There is no doubt about that. There's no telling what's been swept under the rug in Oxford. I'm gonna be honest though, and it pains me to say this, but State could learn a few things from UMiss as far as handling recruits/players is concerned.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-16-2015, 01:39 PM
There is no doubt about that. There's no telling what's been swept under the rug in Oxford. I'm gonna be honest though, and it pains me to say this, but State could learn a few things from UMiss as far as handling recruits/players is concerned.

We sweep more under the rug than you would care to think?Trust me.

Liverpooldawg
09-16-2015, 02:45 PM
There is ALWAYS the "MSU" guy that comes on to defend the Rebs by saying we do it too. I swear we don't know how to play the game. No wonder we have always sucked.

Swagger Vance
09-16-2015, 02:55 PM
It would be nice if there was an actual real NCAA that would actually do its job and crack down on some of the things. Instead they just harass you with letters and sit around and twiddle their thumbs. They're a pathetic organization. After the Renardo Sydney situation where they kept us waiting around for well over a year for basically nothing, and watching them turn a blind-eye to much higher profile violations by other big money schools, I have despised them. They basically promote an atmosphere of cheating. Why would they do that? Easy, because the big money schools can cheat better and pay more than the smaller schools. Its not the smaller ones that benefit from that blind-eye.

LC Dawg
09-16-2015, 03:54 PM
We sweep more under the rug than you would care to think?Trust me.

If you say so but we made headlines today with one of our guys getting arrested by campus police on Bully Blvd. for running a red light and having a suspended license so we are obviously doing something wrong. I'm not seeing any Rebels being arrested on Confederate Drive.

Tbonewannabe
09-16-2015, 04:18 PM
Fred Smoot dropped out of the 1st round because of a joint on the floor but you never heard about a UM RB getting pulled over with a lot more. I know back then Starkville cops didn't "help" out football players but Oxford was mostly more lenient. Neither even come close to Tallahassee.

Madisonmd
09-16-2015, 04:53 PM
Actually, not true. Friend used to be on Oxford PD and he routinely had problems with UM athletes. He has told many stories about his escapades. As someone stated earlier we are not exactly a bunch of choir boys either. You would be astounded at the number of "events" you never hear about in Starkville. Just ask a certain local defense attorney in Starkville.