PDA

View Full Version : Any new bball recruiting news?

smootness
09-15-2015, 09:24 PM
It looks like we didn't get a commitment this weekend, so that's kind of a bummer. I figure we still look good for Carter, but any word on our chances with Herard now?

Ifyouonlyknew
09-15-2015, 09:28 PM
Things are looking really good with Herard but he wants to take his visits. You never know with bball recruiting but he wants to go somewhere where he can step in & play major minutes day 1. No school can offer more playing time than us. Add in Howland's track record & I like our chances. Both he & Carter are signing in the early period so they'll have all their visits done in the next month or so.

Lumpy Chucklelips
09-15-2015, 09:46 PM
Dan, are you surprised we were the first visit for Herard? I kinda hate that he gets 4 more after seeing us. Kinda like going out on dates with 5 pretty girls.....you tend to remember the later ones more so than the first one.

Unless Howland thought he could close him without going to see any others. Pearl did that to us with whatshisname earlier this year.

Homedawg
09-15-2015, 09:46 PM
I can't blame carter for wanting to take some visits and enjoy the process, but I, like most, expect him here.

messageboardsuperhero
09-15-2015, 10:00 PM
Things are looking really good with Herard but he wants to take his visits. You never know with bball recruiting but he wants to go somewhere where he can step in & play major minutes day 1. No school can offer more playing time than us. Add in Howland's track record & I like our chances. Both he & Carter are signing in the early period so they'll have all their visits done in the next month or so.

God knows this is true. Herard would be the starter here at the five spot his entire freshman year, whether he like it or not.

TheProfessor
09-15-2015, 11:27 PM
It seems as if alot of basketball recruits end up committing on official visits when they find the right place. That's what worries me. Will they really visit 4 other schools without committing, and then come back and sign with us? Let's hope so. We thought we were good with Kasongo until he visited UT. We thought we were good with Heron until he visited Auburn. Maybe these will play out differently.

ScottH
09-16-2015, 01:30 AM
It seems as if alot of basketball recruits end up committing on official visits when they find the right place. That's what worries me. .

That's seems to be true. Especially with that "Free Agent like" spring transfer thing.

But isn't it refreshing who our recruits are choosing between. Nice to be competing with Kansas for players rather than South Alabama. (No offense to my fine Jaguar friends.)