PDA

View Full Version : Bo Scarbrough is on campus...

DogBanker
07-19-2013, 04:51 PM
Alabama commit, nation's 3rd ranked RB. This is huge to get the guy just on campus. I know he has camped here before and really liked it. Maybe Mullen and Co. are working behind the scenes to get something done. Alabama did take 4 RBs in last year's class. Guy is physically able to compete in the SEC right now.

hailmari
07-19-2013, 05:04 PM
That's awesome. I'm far from holding my breathe for him, but maybe his presence will encourage other big timers to come visit. Maybe he rode with Holcombe (Tuscaloosa kids).

Ronny
07-19-2013, 05:43 PM
... reiterate enough: We need players from the state of Alabama on our football team.

I can't explain it, but guys in Alabama have a genetic understanding of football that we in Miss. don't have.

By the time state of Alabama football players are sophmores in HS they know more about football than a typical college senior at Ole Miss or Miss. State.

dawg21
07-19-2013, 05:55 PM
It's not genetic...it's economic. MS high school coaching is behind, and it's not totally money related but that's a big part of it.

Ronny
07-19-2013, 06:24 PM
It's not genetic...it's economic. MS high school coaching is behind, and it's not totally money related but that's a big part of it.

..that talking point.

Alabama has one of the worst poverty rates in the country.

http://247wallst.com/investing/2011/09/14/americas-poorest-states/2/

I am not judging anybody's socio-economic status. Nor am I willing to connect personal income (or lack thereof) to an embrace of football savvy.

I am just making the objective observation that, generally speaking, football players from Alabama are superior to football players from Mississippi.

dawg21
07-19-2013, 06:53 PM
I am talking about money that coaches/teachers get paid.

http://www.ehow.com/about_7625066_average-school-coaches-united-states.html#page=2

Alabama one of the highest paying states for coaches.

CadaverDawg
07-19-2013, 06:57 PM
At first glance when I saw the Thread Title "Bo Scarbrough is on Campus", I thought of the big goofy kid on "Trouble with the Curve" named Bo Gentry. Have you guys seen that movie? The kid that says he's envisioning signing mega endorsement deals and hot chicks. Haha, what a terrible character that guy played.

SignalToNoise
07-19-2013, 07:54 PM
Yeah I saw it and you are right the character was a complete jerk. Thought it was great that at the end it had the Hispanic kid throwing heat that he couldn't even make contact with.