PDA

View Full Version : Auburn Game

ShotgunDawg
09-15-2015, 12:05 PM
Not to look to forward ahead, but I'm in agreement with most on here that this weekend's game needs be utilized as a running back tryout and an effort to get our running game & offensive line synced up.

With that said, when looking forward to the Auburn game, I believe we should come out in the no huddle, short passing offense that proved so effective in the 2nd half against LSU.

It is taking this team & Dak entirely to long to get in the groove and rhythm in a game. At this point, MSU needs to come out firing on all cylinders in the 1st quarter against Auburn & I think we stand the best chance of doing that by doin what we currently do best & IMO that's Dak getting the ball to our receivers as quickly as possible and taking pressure off the running backs & offensive line.

Hopefully by doing that, Dak & the offense will rhythm & comfort quicker in the game & allow other things to open up because of it. I realize many on here will want to come out & run Dak, but, while I agree we need to do that more, that simply isn't our strong suit at this time & we need to play our best in the 1st quarter of the Auburn game, set the tone, & take the crowd out of the game.

Beaver
09-15-2015, 12:11 PM
Yep, all the big games we won last year happened because we started fast. Put lots of points up early and forced the other offense to execute. Alabama, Ole Miss, and LSU this year?? Started slow, and tried to catch up when it was too late.

DancingRabbit
09-15-2015, 12:35 PM
Yep, I just wrote this in another thread ...

We need to loosen up the opponent's defense early with jet sweeps, screens and short passes and then some holes will start to open up inside.

A lot of times you run to set up the pass, but sometimes you have to pass to set up the run.

msstate7
09-15-2015, 02:08 PM
Joshua Holsey (auburn db) out for season.

Definetely think we should air it out 1st half and hopefully run some after the adjust second half

Schultzy
09-15-2015, 10:08 PM
Whatever the game plan is, gotta find a way to win Now. Got to find a way to win.

msstate7
09-15-2015, 10:11 PM
Whatever the game plan is, gotta find a way to win Now. Got to find a way to win.

And to tell the truth, I'm not very confident even after auburn's poor performance

Swagger Vance
09-15-2015, 10:37 PM
Look at JVilleSt's film and do exactly what they did. I watched this whole game and I was shocked how clean they ran that offense. Its what our offense should look like but we've looked more like a Mike Leach offense lately.

Schultzy
09-15-2015, 10:46 PM
And to tell the truth, I'm not very confident even after auburn's poor performance
Neither their or our performance has anything to do w our game at Auburn, the only thing that matters is what happens us vs them.

It's a conference game, must win for both really. But I get your point that their poor performance in a win gives us more optimism to win one on the road and right the ship.

Bucky Dog
09-16-2015, 12:00 AM
I'm speaking for I Seen It. We beat Auburn's ass! Book it!

FISHDAWG
09-16-2015, 08:00 AM
I'm speaking for I Seen It. We beat Auburn's ass! Book it!

Fishdawg likes this post