PDA

View Full Version : Staley checks in @ BDC at 26lbs above 24/7's listed weight...

engie
07-19-2013, 04:12 PM
BLACK ‏@coachcamp42 17m
Elijah Staley @ES14_ just weighed in at 231 down at SIP STATE!! BEWARE OF THE BEAST!

If he's up to 231, it makes it obvious he's putting football first(which his dad has said here, I believe)...

That amount of weight gain in one summer is exciting as hell to me. He has the frame to become a total freak of nature at the QB position...

FlabLoser
07-19-2013, 04:32 PM
He might be a blend of Relf and Russell which would be awesome.

CadaverDawg
07-19-2013, 04:33 PM
That is good news. Seems to me like Dan is really pushing the idea of getting back to what has been most successful offensively since he got here. It's amazing how much our QB outlook for the next 3-5 years has changed just in the past 4-5 months. I like the way this is looking.

We need to get on the Big Uglies in a major way the next few years. Imagine Shumpert and Staley or Williams behind a massive O-Line and 3 6'4 WR's out wide....

Coach34
07-19-2013, 04:33 PM
If his Dad could talk him into enrolling early- would be awesome

MSUDawg4Life
07-19-2013, 04:43 PM
That is good news. Seems to me like Dan is really pushing the idea of getting back to what has been most successful offensively since he got here. It's amazing how much our QB outlook for the next 3-5 years has changed just in the past 4-5 months. I like the way this is looking.

We need to get on the Big Uglies in a major way the next few years. Imagine Shumpert and Staley or Williams behind a massive O-Line and 3 6'4 WR's out wide....

I've been imagining it for a while. Nasty.

BeastMan
07-19-2013, 05:07 PM
I live this news. Kid is gonna be great for us. There should be zero question that he's serious about football as engie pointed out

Political Hack
07-19-2013, 06:29 PM
absolute beast. He's going to make Tebow look light.

SignalToNoise
07-19-2013, 07:46 PM
The big personality and attitude will have a very positive effect in the locker room.

Can't wait to see this guy in maroon and white.

Todd4State
07-19-2013, 10:07 PM
absolute beast. He's going to make Tebow look light.

I say this with great hesitation, but to me it sounds like he is built like Cam Newton.

engie
07-19-2013, 10:40 PM
We've got no shot. OM fans say he will never play football at MSU and play about 2 yrs of basketball only**

Political Hack
07-19-2013, 10:44 PM
We've got no shot. OM fans say he will never play football at MSU and play about 2 yrs of basketball only**

I love knowing that "hating OM" is in someone's future. It's gratifying when others see them for what they are.

Todd4State
07-19-2013, 10:56 PM
I love knowing that "hating OM" is in someone's future. It's gratifying when others see them for what they are.

Especially when they are a suped up version of Chris Relf. I heard he had a few good Egg Bowls.

Coach34
07-19-2013, 11:12 PM
He's got a good Dad that has raised him well and gives him good advice also. And the fact he is also a coach is a big, big plus.

His dad wants him to enroll early- would be great if he could convince him to do it and go thru Spring. Hell, he could join the team with Ray and then go thru Spring practice

EnterpriseDawg
07-20-2013, 02:19 AM
I think we have two solid QB commits. Watching the coverage over on 247, I can't help to be excited. Hopefully Staley does show up early, because I would hate for him to be a casualty to the shenanigans of the recruiting process.

coachcamp
07-20-2013, 10:05 AM

Tell that OM fan to kick rocks!! Lol.. My son is a football player first! The QB Coach from Om was still contacting us, up until about a week ago. trying to get us to come to there camp. smh.. That will NEVER happen! Lol

coachcamp
07-20-2013, 10:10 AM
I need you guys to help me get him down there early.. We gotta put some pressure on him. Lots of tweets. I really like Fitzgerald. He has great size. Ithink the Miss St. fans are gonna be ok either way. My son or Fitz. Fitz is coming early so maybe that will encourage Elijah to as well.

FlabLoser
07-20-2013, 10:13 AM
I am partial to Elijah myself. Sure hope he gets in early and soaks up the system!

BeastMan
07-20-2013, 10:25 AM
I need you guys to help me get him down there early.. We gotta put some pressure on him. Lots of tweets. I really like Fitzgerald. He has great size. Ithink the Miss St. fans are gonna be ok either way. My son or Fitz. Fitz is coming early so maybe that will encourage Elijah to as well.

I tweeted that request out coach. If he can get in early that could be huge in competing for the starting job from the get go. Worst case scenario, he could solidify the 2nd spot and as we know in the SEC, that puts you 1 snap away...

Coach34
07-20-2013, 10:33 AM
Number 2 guy will get game reps regardless for experience

I seen it dawg
07-20-2013, 11:51 AM
Having Dak starting next yr being a beast then Elijah coming in being the same type of QB is gonna be great. Starting with Dak we are finally getting the kind of QB that we need to optimally use the system.

coachcamp
07-20-2013, 12:03 PM
I tweeted that request out coach. If he can get in early that could be huge in competing for the starting job from the get go. Worst case scenario, he could solidify the 2nd spot and as we know in the SEC, that puts you 1 snap away...

Thanks! You are correct about being 1 snap away. Even if you are 3rd in rotation, you still are only a couple of plays away from playing..

EnterpriseDawg
07-20-2013, 04:08 PM
Tell that OM fan to kick rocks!! Lol.. My son is a football player first! The QB Coach from Om was still contacting us, up until about a week ago. trying to get us to come to there camp. smh.. That will NEVER happen! Lol

I must have missed it. Elijah is your son?

Coach34
07-20-2013, 04:14 PM
I must have missed it. Elijah is your son?

Yep