PDA

View Full Version : I saw some LSU folks on the Rant............

Liverpooldawg
09-15-2015, 11:53 AM
complaining about us playing piped in music and drowning out their band. I don't post there but my response would be: Why would we let your band play without competing with the piped in music when we rarely if ever allow our own band to do it?

Beaver
09-15-2015, 11:57 AM
Not sure why they were complaining. I was sitting in section 7, the opposite corner from the LSU band, and heard them throughout the game. Hate to say it, but they outplayed the FMB by a long shot. I liked FMB's halftime show better, but LSU's band plays loud and proud in the stands.

thf24
09-15-2015, 11:58 AM
Yeah it's a dumb complaint. The tradeoff for the away band not being given uninterrupted time to play is that they can play whenever they want (except when prohibited by football rules, which obviously applies to both bands). The home band is told via headset when they can and can't play.

BossDawg
09-15-2015, 12:02 PM
complaining about us playing piped in music and drowning out their band. I don't post there but my response would be: Why would we let your band play without competing with the piped in music when we rarely if ever allow our own band to do it?

I don't think there's a team in the nation that hasn't been accused of piping in stadium noise at some point. But good Lord LSU has some bitchy folks, even when they win.

Dawg Corps
09-15-2015, 12:04 PM
Playing the house speakers over the visiting band is typical of most schools. Nothing to see here. And, yes, when our band does/doesn't play is 100% dictated by what the voice in the headset from the press box says.

Coach007
09-15-2015, 12:06 PM
Oh look! Its me and my middle finger!

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-15-2015, 01:08 PM

Reminds me of last year's game when the stadium was empty going into the fourth quarter, but yet when they started making their comeback it sounded like the stadium was loud as ever. Do LSU fans cheer louder than other fan bases? I think not.

IMissJack
09-15-2015, 06:25 PM
I thought when both bands were in the stadium, they took turns playing. But on Saturday, they were playing at the same time on several occasions and you couldn't make out either. Although theirs was significantly louder.

Todd4State
09-15-2015, 06:54 PM
We're not the bitches we used to be. We're not going to just simply allow opposing fans to take over OUR stadium. And I would not expect any other SEC team to allow us to take over their house either.

I could certainly bitch about LSU's band playing while our alma mater was being played at the end of the game- but that would be wussy of me. And I only point that out to say that it goes both ways.

Also, I was at the LSU game in Baton Rouge last year- they pretty much had security and the police making MSU fans leave the stadium about 20 minutes after the game ended. They weren't forceful and we all complied as far as I could tell. But I have personally gone to some road games that we won over the years- Ole Miss twice, Auburn, South Carolina, Vanderbilt, and many miscellaneous OOC games among others and I have never seen another school other than LSU do that to us.

Bothrops
09-15-2015, 06:58 PM
**** Lsu and their fans. They have zero respect for us. One day, maybe, that will translate to our football team...and the field. **** those bastards.

Swagger Vance
09-16-2015, 11:37 AM
LSU fans complain about everything on tRANT. They're never funny, they're never clever, and they never have anything enlightening to tell anyone. Theyre not very bright over there.

BossDawg
09-16-2015, 12:09 PM
LSU fans complain about everything on tRANT. They're never funny, they're never clever, and they never have anything enlightening to tell anyone. Theyre not very bright over there.

That entire board is pretty terrible. Every thread basically turns into a competition to see who can post the wittiest GIF.

Swagger Vance
09-16-2015, 12:46 PM
That entire board is pretty terrible. Every thread basically turns into a competition to see who can post the wittiest GIF.

Guilty, haha.

CJDAWG85
09-16-2015, 01:49 PM
That's the dumbest shit I've ever heard. USM blasted their speakers while our center was over the ball and we were getting ready to snap it. LSU fans don't understand that anyone outside of the state of Louisiana doesn't give a **** about them or their band.

jumbo
09-16-2015, 03:00 PM
the secrant exists solely for the purpose of trolling every other fan base. plus it spunoff from an LSU board.