PDA

View Full Version : Tim Tebow's most prolific

missouridawg
09-15-2015, 11:19 AM
rushing season at Florida was his senior season, in terms of attempts and yards.

Why in the world are we trying to keep Dak on a leash?

Rayburn8
09-15-2015, 11:22 AM
I'm pretty sure this topic has been covered in the eight billion other threads today.

BB30
09-15-2015, 11:33 AM
Tim Tebow also had 3 offensive lineman on that team that went to the NFL. Tebow also had Chris Rainey and Jeffrey Demps in the backfield with him who went to the NFL. He also had Aaron Hernandez and Riley Cooper at TE and WR. I'm not saying Dak does not have talent around him but I do not think our O-line or backs are quite up to par with Tebow's group his senior year. Add all this up, and throw in the fact that we were facing a defensive line and a linebacker group that is pretty stout and the opportunity to run with Dak just was not there but a few times. We made adjustments and took what the defense was giving us in the second half and almost pulled out the W. This team will continue to gel and get better it just sucks that we lost a close one to a team that has owned us for so long.

mparkerfd20
09-15-2015, 11:33 AM
I'm pretty sure this topic has been covered in the eight billion other threads today.

Maybe so, but the fact that Dan is trying to turn Dak into Russell 2.0 pisses the hell out of most of us and should you too.

BossDawg
09-15-2015, 11:44 AM
Dan is getting paid to win games at State, not groom a QB for the NFL by completely changing what comes natural to him.

FISHDAWG
09-15-2015, 11:50 AM
Tim Tebow also had 3 offensive lineman on that team that went to the NFL. Tebow also had Chris Rainey and Jeffrey Demps in the backfield with him who went to the NFL. He also had Aaron Hernandez and Riley Cooper at TE and WR. I'm not saying Dak does not have talent around him but I do not think our O-line or backs are quite up to par with Tebow's group his senior year. Add all this up, and throw in the fact that we were facing a defensive line and a linebacker group that is pretty stout and the opportunity to run with Dak just was not there but a few times. We made adjustments and took what the defense was giving us in the second half and almost pulled out the W. This team will continue to gel and get better it just sucks that we lost a close one to a team that has owned us for so long.

excellent 2nd post

BossDawg
09-15-2015, 11:56 AM
the opportunity to run with Dak just was not there but a few times. .

Just think, had Dak taken those few opportunities to take off we might have gotten enough yards and momentum to score a couple more times and not have to try and catch up in the end.

BB30
09-15-2015, 01:14 PM
Yes, possibly or he could have gotten destroyed and fumbled the football. All I am trying to say is that expecting Tebow like numbers at this point in the season is not reasonable. I also don't think this loss can be attributed solely to Dak's inability to run the football Saturday(a lot goes into having a successful running game). You can only do as much as your personnel will allow you to. Tebow had a fairly veteran group his senior year. Yes, we do have guys that got a lot of reps last year but it is going to take a little more time for this group to develop it seems. The OL last year had 3 weeks before their first big match up to develop and get into a rhythm and so did the rest of the offense. Coming into this season I think all of us would agree that we had strength at the WR position and at QB and we had question marks at RB and on the line. So, clearly we played to our strengths the second half and almost won the game throwing the football.

Swagger Vance
09-15-2015, 01:56 PM
Dan is getting paid to win games at State, not groom a QB for the NFL by completely changing what comes natural to him.

AMEN! And if Dan wanted him to run, he would be running.

Really Clark?
09-15-2015, 02:08 PM
AMEN! And if Dan wanted him to run, he would be running.

Dude, really? You begging to get run?