PDA

View Full Version : Mike Detillier on how well Dak Prescott played in the 2nd half

Out of Bounds
09-15-2015, 10:13 AM
Mike Detillier on Prescott from the pocket.

PODCAST: http://*******/1eXbfjL
Out of Bounds Radio App w/PODCAST: http://*******/1l69XZN

Tom Luginbill (Monday) called Prescott's play from the pocket "exceptional".

Bo Bounds
Host, The Out of Bounds Show
ESPN 105.9 The Zone
thezone1059.com
Twitter: @bobounds
Jackson, MS

Coach007
09-15-2015, 10:22 AM
He did. 52 passes at 66% completion... That's great. His progressions... Great. The issue is it won't win US a lot of games.

starkvegasdawg
09-15-2015, 10:25 AM
He did. 52 passes at 66% completion... That's great. His progressions... Great. The issue is it won't win US a lot of games.

This. He needs a 66% completion rate while still getting 60-100 yards rushing a game. This would be a near unstoppable offense.

tcdog70
09-15-2015, 10:39 AM

it would have won this game if our Coach could think in the heat of the moment. if you are in a hurry up and the defense is reeling don't slow down to let your WRs catch their breathe. Kick the damn Fg and LSU is a beat ass.

Coach007
09-15-2015, 10:41 AM
Sorry, until the sec becomes the big 12/10 we have to be able to run.

EAVdog
09-15-2015, 01:22 PM
Someone needs to run, it doesn't have to be Dak. We have to have some sort of running game.

Leroy Jenkins
09-15-2015, 01:34 PM
it would have won this game if our Coach could think in the heat of the moment. if you are in a hurry up and the defense is reeling don't slow down to let your WRs catch their breathe. Kick the damn Fg and LSU is a beat ass.

Or... how about just sub at the deepest postion we have.

tcdog70
09-15-2015, 02:22 PM
Sorry, until the sec becomes the big 12/10 we have to be able to run.

well if we had kept trying to run we would have never had a chance to win. if your strength is your WRs and a QB who can read the defense and distribute the ball then you would be foolish to try and run. Also it seems our OL can pass protect better than run block. We have to do what we do best.

msstate7
09-15-2015, 02:27 PM
well if we had kept trying to run we would have never had a chance to win. if your strength is your WRs and a QB who can read the defense and distribute the ball then you would be foolish to try and run. Also it seems our OL can pass protect better than run block. We have to do what we do best.

Until we prove we can run the ball, I want to be pass heavy with wr screens, rb screens, and jet sweeps as extensions to our running game

tcdog70
09-15-2015, 04:01 PM
Until we prove we can run the ball, I want to be pass heavy with wr screens, rb screens, and jet sweeps as extensions to our running game

now you have figured out what our offense will be, Dak on the trigger with our talent at receiving taking over.

BB30
09-15-2015, 04:06 PM
yes, and I know alot of people want to see a roll out run pass option but with a spy on Dak it won't make a ton of difference. In the LSU game last year they had no backers in the middle of the field and we had a fairly talented interior o line making it easy to create a hole or down block to create a seam. Once we were in the second and third level there was nothing to be done. This year they usually had a couple guys in there. If we start rolling Dak out it cuts down on the amount of field we have to play with and in my opinion( I could be wrong) takes away from our advantage of being deep at the WR position and spreading the secondary out/distributing to our athletes in space. If this is not the case please correct me.

Todd4State
09-15-2015, 05:03 PM
This. He needs a 66% completion rate while still getting 60-100 yards rushing a game. This would be a near unstoppable offense.

You get it. I wish Dan would soon.

Todd4State
09-15-2015, 05:05 PM
yes, and I know alot of people want to see a roll out run pass option but with a spy on Dak it won't make a ton of difference. In the LSU game last year they had no backers in the middle of the field and we had a fairly talented interior o line making it easy to create a hole or down block to create a seam. Once we were in the second and third level there was nothing to be done. This year they usually had a couple guys in there. If we start rolling Dak out it cuts down on the amount of field we have to play with and in my opinion( I could be wrong) takes away from our advantage of being deep at the WR position and spreading the secondary out/distributing to our athletes in space. If this is not the case please correct me.

We can be pass first and still run the ball and be balanced. I know a lot of people disagree with that because of how they grew up in football and I respect that.

Dallas_Dawg
09-15-2015, 05:21 PM
Good QBs can pass and move the ball between the 20s. Great QBs get it done in the red zone. Unfortunately, without a threat of a running game... Dak isn't Peyton Manning or Tom Brady

dawgs
09-15-2015, 06:25 PM
Or... how about just sub at the deepest postion we have.

Subbing allows lsu to catch their breath and sub. The D is always at a disadvantage in a HUNH situation because it takes a lot more energy to chase someone than it does to get where you know you are going.

pilldawg
09-16-2015, 12:48 PM
Subbing allows lsu to catch their breath and sub. The D is always at a disadvantage in a HUNH situation because it takes a lot more energy to chase someone than it does to get where you know you are going.

playing with a lead. If we grab the lead early last Saturday and are able to establish the running game then the stats look a lot different.

dawgs
09-16-2015, 04:04 PM
playing with a lead. If we grab the lead early last Saturday and are able to establish the running game then the stats look a lot different.

Did I say something counter to that, captain obvious?

pilldawg
09-16-2015, 07:26 PM
Did I say something counter to that, captain obvious?

Sorry man. Responding to the thread in general and didn't mean to pull your quote.

HoopsDawg
09-16-2015, 07:52 PM
We can be pass first and still run the ball and be balanced. I know a lot of people disagree with that because of how they grew up in football and I respect that.

Yes, you can. If we had come out throwing the ball and hopped in the lead, we could have gone up tempo and run the ball in the 2nd half.

CadaverDawg
09-16-2015, 08:14 PM
Yes, you can. If we had come out throwing the ball and hopped in the lead, we could have gone up tempo and run the ball in the 2nd half.

This^

Everyone knew Steele and Company were going to be prepared to try and shut down Dak's legs. So we should have come out and taken advantage of our WR talent and gone air raid down the field. Quick score would have opened up our run game AND taken away their ability to just run, run, run if they were playing from behind.

Considering our opponent, the game was lost when we failed to do shit on our first 2-3 series, in my opinion.

SPMT
09-16-2015, 10:27 PM
Someone needs to run, it doesn't have to be Dak. We have to have some sort of running game.

^ doesn't have to be dak

CadaverDawg
09-16-2015, 10:34 PM
^ doesn't have to be dak

He does in Mullen's system if we want to win. He doesn't have to be the only one running, but if he isn't one of the ones running A Lot, we will fail. Example 1: Last Saturday

archdog
09-17-2015, 12:03 AM
Well we have opened up each game without a score. That hurts.

archdog
09-17-2015, 12:05 AM
Look, Ohio state won the entire thing with a loss to VT last year. LSU is done. We lost. Time to get ourselves figured out and be ready to punch someone in the face. No more is this whoa is me crap.