PDA

View Full Version : What I want to see Saturday

Todd4State
09-14-2015, 09:59 PM
1. I want us to NOT be vanilla on either side of the ball. I want us to put on a show.

2. I want us to play a lot of players in the process- Jenkins at LT, Lee and Williams at RB, Green and Gray at OLB, and yes- Peters, Bryant and maybe McLaurin at safety.

3. Westin Graves to kick field goals for us.

msstate7
09-14-2015, 10:08 PM
Wanna see fitz come into game late 3rd.

Dawgface
09-14-2015, 10:09 PM
Even if some of these guys see significant playing time, I wouldn't count on seeing them against AU.

EngineerDawg
09-14-2015, 10:10 PM
I want to see nick James catch a td pass.

PassInterference
09-14-2015, 10:15 PM
I want to see nick James catch a td pass.

Winner.

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2015, 10:18 PM
I want to see us get better & for young guys to play A LOT.

As good as this staff is at developing talent, & that could actually be slightly questioned right now since we have highly recruited running backs that have been on campus for 15 months & can't get on the field, I want to see this staff show the ability to get players on the field quicker.

I have full faith in this staff to develop players to reach their ceilings & potential, but, in the interest of MSU winning football games, I believe this staff needs to do a better job of getting players to an adequate level quicker so that MSU can have their most talented players on the field more often.

Jamal Peters, Dontavian Lee, Aeris Williams, McLaurin, etc will all be good to great players & this staff will develop them to their potential, BUT that doesn't help us right now &, unless they can simplify & get these players to an acceptable level, we won't have our most talented/best players on the field & that lowers the overall ceiling of the team.

This coaching staff's development is the equivalent of a great steakhouse that serves a wonderful steak that has been marinated all day & takes 30 minutes to prepare after you order it. However, right now we need an adequate hot pocket or easy Mac because we are 17ing hungry.

Swagger Vance
09-14-2015, 10:49 PM
I want to see Dan Mullen use a timeout in a delay of game situation.

CadaverDawg
09-14-2015, 10:51 PM
I want to see Dan Mullen use a timeout in a delay of game situation.

Swagger, chill with the Mullen comments. You may be fooling some people, but you ain't fooling me. Cut the shit or I'll go ahead and end your charade.

Todd4State
09-14-2015, 10:53 PM
Even if some of these guys see significant playing time, I wouldn't count on seeing them against AU.

Oh, I don't expect that- but my hope is that it will show people what I have been talking about. Dan can only hide behind the "you aren't at practice I am" excuse for only so long.

thf24
09-14-2015, 10:55 PM
1. I want us to NOT be vanilla on either side of the ball. I want us to put on a show.

2. I want us to play a lot of players in the process- Jenkins at LT, Lee and Williams at RB, Green and Gray at OLB, and yes- Peters, Bryant and maybe McLaurin at safety.

3. Westin Graves to kick field goals for us.

Gotta say Todd, it appears you were right about Coman, at least for right now. I'm still hopeful the coaches and everyone else in the know weren't blowing smoke about him and the supposed improvement will show with more game reps, but I definitely want to see the younger guys start getting experience in case we end up having to rely on them.

Todd4State
09-14-2015, 10:56 PM
I want to see us get better & for young guys to play A LOT.

As good as this staff is at developing talent, & that could actually be slightly questioned right now since we have highly recruited running backs that have been on campus for 15 months & can't get on the field, I want to see this staff show the ability to get players on the field quicker.

I have full faith in this staff to develop players to reach their ceilings & potential, but, in the interest of MSU winning football games, I believe this staff needs to do a better job of getting players to an adequate level quicker so that MSU can have their most talented players on the field more often.

Jamal Peters, Dontavian Lee, Aeris Williams, McLaurin, etc will all be good to great players & this staff will develop them to their potential, BUT that doesn't help us right now &, unless they can simplify & get these players to an acceptable level, we won't have our most talented/best players on the field & that lowers the overall ceiling of the team.

This coaching staff's development is the equivalent of a great steakhouse that serves a wonderful steak that has been marinated all day & takes 30 minutes to prepare after you order it. However, right now we need an adequate hot pocket or easy Mac because we are 17ing hungry.

I pretty much agree- although I don't think Lee was highly rated/recruited. I know some people expected him to be cut or moved to LB. He might be our best back right now.

The odds of our upperclassmen always being better than every single underclassmen is very unlikely. I think Dan has some "pie in the sky" ideology where the upperclassmen and the guys that work hard in practice and are good people come through at the end of the day and win. But that's not how sports and life always works.

CadaverDawg
09-14-2015, 10:57 PM
Oh, I don't expect that- but my hope is that it will show people what I have been talking about. Dan can only hide behind the "you aren't at practice I am" excuse for only so long.

What would you be proving? Nobody has said those guys weren't talented....just that you don't know why they've been withheld from playing so far.

Todd4State
09-14-2015, 10:58 PM
Gotta say Todd, it appears you were right about Coman, at least for right now. I'm still hopeful the coaches and everyone else in the know weren't blowing smoke about him and the supposed improvement will show with more game reps, but I definitely want to see the younger guys start getting experience in case we end up having to rely on them.

I suspect that the people in the know were getting their info from someone close to the staff and they were only being reporting what they were told by that person. So, I don't fault our people in the know at all.

I certainly screw up my share of baseball info.

CadaverDawg
09-14-2015, 10:59 PM

Yea, I chose to believe Manny, but so far Coman doesn't look much improved. I'm ready to see Peters against NW St, and hopefully if he plays well he can start earning more time and eventually be the guy later in the year possibly. Who knows. Should be a fun weekend to see these young guys

Todd4State
09-14-2015, 11:02 PM
What would you be proving? Nobody has said those guys weren't talented....just that you don't know why they've been withheld from playing so far.

That I was right about Dan. What are the odds that all of our underclassmen all suddenly figure it out on week three at the same time?

And with Lee- we have all seen what he can do in the spring game. We have seen him make two positive plays the limited time he has touched the ball. And then you have the Graves/Bell controversy that is going on right now.

Most of the signs point to Dan mismanaging our personnel right now. And it has already cost us as I feared two weeks ago.

PassInterference
09-14-2015, 11:20 PM
I want to see Dak put up playstation numbers in the 1st quarter, while Staley and Fitz put up big numbers in Q 2-4.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-14-2015, 11:44 PM
That I was right about Dan. What are the odds that all of our underclassmen all suddenly figure it out on week three at the same time?

And with Lee- we have all seen what he can do in the spring game. We have seen him make two positive plays the limited time he has touched the ball. And then you have the Graves/Bell controversy that is going on right now.

Most of the signs point to Dan mismanaging our personnel right now. And it has already cost us as I feared two weeks ago.

I don't disagree with most of this post but there is no Graves/Bell controversy. Graves is our kicker Bell was just used on the last kick because it was a 52yd fg into the wind. It was out of Graves range.

Todd4State
09-14-2015, 11:49 PM
I don't disagree with most of this post but there is no Graves/Bell controversy. Graves is our kicker Bell was just used on the last kick because it was a 52yd fg into the wind. It was out of Graves range.

I think that is the controversy. And I'm not too adamant about it even though I personally would have gone with Graves I know the odds are pretty good that neither one of the them would have made it.

The larger issue of the LSU game was Dan's clock management than anything else. We can not take a delay of game penalty in that situation.

ScottH
09-15-2015, 12:14 AM
70+ points

Dawgology
09-15-2015, 07:22 AM
I just want to see us choose a place kicker and stick with him. I'm not sure why every other college team has one guy that can drill it from wherever but we have to have a pool of two or three. Come on, we are an SEC team. Offer a scholarship and win these games. Stubborn approach is equating to big losses now...that LSU loss has really made the season going forward much tougher.

I also would like to see Dak utilize his feet in the option more. I think if he does that then regardless of who our back is that lanes will start opening up.

Sacrifice
09-15-2015, 08:12 AM
I wanna see an audition between Lee and Williams with 10 plus carries apiece.

Drugdog
09-15-2015, 08:15 AM
1. Dan being aggressive.
2. Dak being aggressive
3. Defense being aggressive.
4. My wife being aggressive when we get home.

Alldawg
09-15-2015, 08:38 AM
4. My wife being aggressive when we get home.

I want to see that achieved every night when I get home

Bubb Rubb
09-15-2015, 08:43 AM
I just want to see us choose a place kicker and stick with him. I'm not sure why every other college team has one guy that can drill it from wherever but we have to have a pool of two or three. Come on, we are an SEC team. Offer a scholarship and win these games. Stubborn approach is equating to big losses now...that LSU loss has really made the season going forward much tougher.

Actually it is quite common for college teams to have two kickers - an "accuracy" guy, and a "big leg" guy. The only way Bell is trying a field goal is if it's 50 yards or more, and in those cases, Dan is just as likely to go for it on 4th if it's a short distance to go. The only reason he tried the FG against LSU was because it was really his only shot.

I'll be surprised if Bell attempts more than a couple of FGs this year. This is a non-issue.