PDA

View Full Version : OT: The traffic control after the game is/was bs. No one could leave lot 17 for

IMissJack
09-14-2015, 07:46 PM
Nearly 2 hours after the game. Got to Flowood at 3:30.

godlluB
09-14-2015, 08:45 PM
I parked at "The Mill" on Russell Street. From the time I got in my vehicle until I pulled into my driveway was around 20 minutes. It's about a 10 minute drive with no traffic.

DeltaDawg
09-14-2015, 08:52 PM
You must have been the first one out. I parked at the garage behind the mill. Took me 45 mins just to get to the road. I didn't hit Hwy 82 until 1:45 and I left the game as soon as we lost and walked straight to the car.

godlluB
09-14-2015, 09:16 PM
No, I didn't get out of the stadium until after the alma mater was finished. However, I was parked up front, not in the garage.

Jack Lambert
09-14-2015, 09:36 PM
I will never park on campus again.

Dawgbite
09-15-2015, 10:14 AM
Took me an hour to get to the vet school on a golf cart. I've never seen it as bad as it was Saturday night. Who ever was directing traffic at Stone and Bully had no clue.

MaroonMike
09-15-2015, 10:55 AM
I was behind the Student Health Center and it took 2.5 hours to get onto Blackjack road. The only good part was that my wife slept for an hour. I won't park on campus again either.

Bubb Rubb
09-15-2015, 11:40 AM
Took me an hour to get to the vet school on a golf cart. I've never seen it as bad as it was Saturday night. Who ever was directing traffic at Stone and Bully had no clue.

They were letting pedestrians cross for too long at that intersection. That said, I parked in the Tin Gym lot and drove straight out on Stone....I was rolling in under 30 minutes.

Liverpooldawg
09-15-2015, 11:49 AM
With the size of the crowds, and there were thousands in the Junction that didn't get in to the game, there is a simple rule of thumb. If you want to get on the road quick, you walk. The farther you have to walk the quicker you will hit the highway. It's only going to get worse as roads on campus gradually disappear or become restricted access according to the master plan. I see it as a great problem to have.

DownwardDawg
09-15-2015, 12:01 PM
With the size of the crowds, and there were thousands in the Junction that didn't get in to the game, there is a simple rule of thumb. If you want to get on the road quick, you walk. The farther you have to walk the quicker you will hit the highway. It's only going to get worse as roads on campus gradually disappear or become restricted access according to the master plan. I see it as a great problem to have.

^^^This^^^^
I make it a rule to park as far away as possible. When I leave the games, I'm doing 75 mph in a few minutes after about a 10 minute "brisk" walk. Same thing when we used to go to talladega twice a year. I would park at the 1st lot i got to and I would be in my hotel room in talladega within 20-30 minutes after the checkered flag.

MSUDawg99
09-15-2015, 03:28 PM
From what I heard on one of the new Skydawgs podcast on BSR, one of the guys said he thinks he heard there was a wreck. Not sure.

notoriousdog
09-15-2015, 03:49 PM
I was behind the Student Health Center and it took 2.5 hours to get onto Blackjack road. The only good part was that my wife slept for an hour. I won't park on campus again either.

The lot behind the health center should be avoided at all costs. I really wish they would let people leave parking back there leave campus via Morrill Road (back by the President's house). They could force cars leaving that way to take a left onto Blackjack which would trickle them towards Hickory Grove Road where they could get onto HWY 82 or HWY 45. The roads aren't the greatest, but at this point more outlets need to be opened up to allow traffic flow.

IMissJack
09-15-2015, 06:19 PM
The issue is that MSU is charging $125 for a parking pass that is not worth sh^&, because they choose not to have trained police handle the traffic. I will not buy another, it is not worth it.

Liverpooldawg
09-15-2015, 06:24 PM
The parking passes are to get you into a lot closer to the central campus so you don't have to walk as far, not to get you off campus fast. If that's whT you want, park on the fringes and walk.