PDA

View Full Version : Baseball roster thoughts and schedule

MsStateBaseball
09-14-2015, 03:22 PM
Paul Young is on the roster. He was stuck in my opinion. He can't go to JC, stupid to go to 4 year school BC he would have to sit out. He wants to be drafted again and this is the fastest way. Let's hope he can really pitch and help us.

I can see the 3-5 that will be cut but lots of players will be redshirted. All depends on who can contribute.

We got one of the tougher non-conference schedule out there. Why do we??

Because we will be a good team in 2016. From worst to first? I think we will be a lot better than most of SEC.

Bane Uoykcuf
09-14-2015, 04:27 PM
We will host a regional!

Homedawg
09-14-2015, 04:29 PM
We will host a regional!

No there is a bold prediction.

ZedFedder
09-14-2015, 05:27 PM
I think with the emergence of Hudson, Sexton, Tatum this team will be very good.

msstate7
09-14-2015, 05:33 PM
We will host a regional!

I wanna believe. I think a #2 seed is a much safer bet

messageboardsuperhero
09-14-2015, 06:16 PM
If we play well in non-conference (minimal bad losses and win 2/3 in California and vs. Oregon) and finish >.500 in SEC play, we will host a regional. No doubt about that whatsoever, IMO. That's not going to be easy to do at all though. This will be one of- if not THE toughest schedule in the entire country... Which I certainly like better than the shit we played last year- not that it ended up making a difference anyway.

MsStateBaseball
09-14-2015, 07:36 PM
Cohen wouldn't schedule this tough if he didn't think the team would be good. We will be.

War Machine Dawg
09-14-2015, 07:57 PM
Paul Young is on the roster. He was stuck in my opinion. He can't go to JC, stupid to go to 4 year school BC he would have to sit out. He wants to be drafted again and this is the fastest way. Let's hope he can really pitch and help us.

I can see the 3-5 that will be cut but lots of players will be redshirted. All depends on who can contribute.

We got one of the tougher non-conference schedule out there. Why do we??

Because we will be a good team in 2016. From worst to first? I think we will be a lot better than most of SEC.

The unicorn! He's finally going to be a factor!!!**********

Todd4State
09-14-2015, 09:07 PM
The interesting thing to me was that a lot of the guys that were rumored to be gone are coming back- like Andrew Mahoney and Young as you mentioned.

MsStateBaseball
09-14-2015, 09:29 PM
Young and Mahoney to my knowledge didn't pitch all summer. I guess they stayed in shape and got healthy.

shoeless joe
09-14-2015, 09:41 PM
All things being equal...fix the pen and we're in a regional. But all things shouldn't be equal, we should be improved in several areas and I can't think of an area where we should be worse.

Todd4State
09-14-2015, 09:43 PM
Young and Mahoney to my knowledge didn't pitch all summer. I guess they stayed in shape and got healthy.

This is probably their last chance to make it. I'm certainly not expecting anything out of either one of them- but I will say that if Young is actually healthy it would be a really pleasant surprise. Even if he does surprise, he is going to be behind Dakota, Tatum, Sexton, Houston, Daniel Brown and Rigby at a minimum.

Todd4State
09-14-2015, 09:49 PM
All things being equal...fix the pen and we're in a regional. But all things shouldn't be equal, we should be improved in several areas and I can't think of an area where we should be worse.

Our entire rotation and outfield could be all guys that played in the Cape. And Collins was selected to play in the Cape but sat out to get healthy. The only question marks I have are on the infield- but I think Lowe and Gridley definitely have spots locked up or are awfully close to locking them up. We need at least one of the two JUCO hitters we recruited to step up- Lowe and Barfield. Luke Reynolds showed me that he could hit last year. As long as he keeps that up, he will play.

If it were me, this fall I would try to see if Michael Smith and Cody Brown could possibly play second base some as well to try to get the best lineup I could.

Fighting4dawgs
09-15-2015, 08:48 AM
Our entire rotation and outfield could be all guys that played in the Cape. And Collins was selected to play in the Cape but sat out to get healthy. The only question marks I have are on the infield- but I think Lowe and Gridley definitely have spots locked up or are awfully close to locking them up. We need at least one of the two JUCO hitters we recruited to step up- Lowe and Barfield. Luke Reynolds showed me that he could hit last year. As long as he keeps that up, he will play.

If it were me, this fall I would try to see if Michael Smith and Cody Brown could possibly play second base some as well to try to get the best lineup I could.

From what I've been hearing from all of the player led scrimmages that have been going on for 4 weeks and from the 4 on 1's, you may be "very" happy with a couple of the freshman infielders gloves and especially their bats!

Ralph
09-15-2015, 08:59 AM
There really cant be any excuses this year.

bulldogcountry1
09-15-2015, 09:25 AM
I got a feeling Young is going to be Michael Dixon II. I know he had some issues with the staff, so he better have the right attitude to even be considered at this point.

I saw where Cohen refused to comment on McCord's status. I don't guess it matters at this point, but it's just odd.

RAYn_Man
09-15-2015, 09:55 AM
Where is the roster? I can't find it anywhere

Ifyouonlyknew
09-15-2015, 10:01 AM
Where is the roster? I can't find it anywhere

Was only sent to the media.

MsStateBaseball
09-15-2015, 10:37 AM
Roster was handed out right after Mullins speech yesterday. Media no allowed to take a pic of it. You can get it at 5 today though.

Young is stuck like I said. Let's hope he can get it together so he can get drafted again.

McCord is still ailing, I'm hoping he comes back next year.

We are counting on freshmen infielders, shows you this--Cohen always gets a JC MIF for depth but not this year.

MSUDawg99
09-15-2015, 03:32 PM
The interesting thing to me was that a lot of the guys that were rumored to be gone are coming back- like Andrew Mahoney and Young as you mentioned.

I mentioned at least 2x in past threads that Mahoney was coming back. I'm friends with his uncle. I knew he was coming back but he told me apparently it was supposed to be under wraps & I didnt know that at first.

MSUDawg99
09-15-2015, 04:05 PM
Paxton Stover now at Dyersburg State CC

https://twitter.com/loganlowery/status/643892462872850432

Todd4State
09-15-2015, 05:00 PM
I mentioned at least 2x in past threads that Mahoney was coming back. I'm friends with his uncle. I knew he was coming back but he told me apparently it was supposed to be under wraps & I didnt know that at first.

Good call on that and my bad for saying he left the team.