View Full Version : Tunsil odds

CadaverDawg
09-14-2015, 02:57 PM
Put a % on Tunsil playing this weekend.

I say 99% chance he plays and starts

Coach34
09-14-2015, 03:00 PM
0%

OM said in their announcement the other day he isnt playing until the NCAA rules on it- and I dont see them ruling this week

msstate7
09-14-2015, 03:01 PM
0%

OM said in their announcement the other day he isnt playing until the NCAA rules on it- and I dont see them ruling this week
Hasn't Rawlings been starting at tackle?

CadaverDawg
09-14-2015, 03:02 PM
0%

0%? On that shady bunch? Bold

Ifyouonlyknew
09-14-2015, 03:04 PM
0% I'm hearing 6 or 8 games.

Coach34
09-14-2015, 03:05 PM
0%? On that shady bunch? Bold

thats why they made an official announcement- to let their fans know he isnt playing for awhile

thf24
09-14-2015, 03:06 PM
Either way, we'll see definitively if the NCAA has an ounce of nuts remaining this weekend. They couldn't ask for a better chance to squash all the talk over the last few years about how powerless and ineffective they've become, if they want to.

msstate7
09-14-2015, 03:06 PM
If tunsil doesn't play, OM loses... That simple.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-14-2015, 03:09 PM
Either way, we'll see definitively if the NCAA has an ounce of nuts remaining this weekend. They couldn't ask for a better chance to squash all the talk over the last few years about how powerless and ineffective they've become, if they want to.

This is more of a NFL/NCAA issue than a NCAA/OM deal. The NFL & NCAA are big on the whole agents not messing with college guys deal.

mic
09-14-2015, 03:40 PM
If tunsil doesn't play, OM loses... That simple.

If he does play OM loses . That's simple too...

CadaverDawg
09-14-2015, 03:42 PM
Call me crazy, but I think Ole Miss beats em either way. Not just Bc OM is pretty good, but because Alabama doesn't have a QB, and hasn't impressed me a ton.

thf24
09-14-2015, 03:49 PM
Call me crazy, but I think Ole Miss beats em either way. Not just Bc OM is pretty good, but because Alabama doesn't have a QB, and hasn't impressed me a ton.

I think if MGK can keep his cool against the first actual defense he's seen in a real game in his career, they'll probably win. If Bama gets in his head, it could be ugly.

TUSK
09-14-2015, 03:54 PM

you're "crazy"...

(not that I don't think UM can't win)

Bothrops
09-14-2015, 03:56 PM

Hypothetically speaking, if Kelly got hurt next week, they'll lose every remaining conference game on schedule after Vandy. If he stays healthy they're going to have a very good year.

Jack Lambert
09-14-2015, 04:24 PM
Bams's D-line will eat them up.

Homedawg
09-14-2015, 04:26 PM

I'm in the boat w you. I think they win.

coastdoglover
09-14-2015, 04:31 PM
0%. Rebs are already posturing trying to clear staff knowing full well they all were in on the deal. If NCAA caves in, I will be shocked and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know there are more on the pay roll than Tunsil. That is the biggest fear for the Bears, they are in full cover up mode.

Swagger Vance
09-14-2015, 04:51 PM
0% #RenardoSidney

PMDawg
09-14-2015, 04:55 PM

I can see it. Bama has been very one dimensional so far. That doesn't typically work against good defenses. We'll see how good that NMU defense really is.

LC Dawg
09-14-2015, 05:02 PM
I think if MGK can keep his cool against the first actual defense he's seen in a real game in his career, they'll probably win. If Bama gets in his head, it could be ugly.

This is what I've been saying. I think he played a little mop up duty at Clemson but other than that he has faced no competition. If he goes into Bryant-Denny and pulls it off I will be a "believer" but I doubt Saban ever lets him get comfortable.

msstate7
09-14-2015, 05:05 PM

Assuming tunsil doesn't play won't OM be playing 2 freshmen (Rawlings and Patterson) on the oline? If so, I don't see them keeping Kelly upright for downfield passes. This will force OM into wr screens and allows bama to beat up on those wr's. 2 freshmen olinemen vs the best sec dline and Saban's blitzing lb's is a tall task

msstate7
09-14-2015, 05:09 PM
I can see it. Bama has been very one dimensional so far. That doesn't typically work against good defenses. We'll see how good that NMU defense really is.

Om went on the road last year and faced 2 run heavy, defensive minded teams (lsu and Arkansas). OM lost both by a combined score 40-7. OM is simply not the same team on the road as at home. Freeze is 3-5 for last 2 year on the road in the sec with 2 wins being vandy. Bama has lost 3 home games in 7 years.

Bama 27
OM 16

Liverpooldawg
09-14-2015, 05:28 PM

I doubt he will be throwing to as many open targets this week. If they hang 70 on Bama go ahead and hand them a Natty.

Dallas_Dawg
09-14-2015, 05:54 PM
Do Yall not remember the #webelieve year and last year? That's the same vibe I get from ole miss this year. They think they are gonna win just like we all thought we were going into T-Town and winning last year.

But you gotta remember, this is T-Town. It's gonna be 100k plus of the most obnoxious fans in the country. They are going to be ready for that game.
Chad Kelly has never had to play in an atmosphere like that in his life.
Let's not use two blowout wins against terrible opponents to crown Ole miss. Let's see them win in T-Town first, and I don't see it.

sbcmortgageman
09-14-2015, 07:43 PM
I'm not sure he'll play anytime soon.

I seen it dawg
09-14-2015, 07:48 PM
Bama gonna make OM go suck dick for money like OM did to them last year. The trailers are safe this weekend. And big softie playing or not makes zero difference.

TUSK
09-14-2015, 09:07 PM
Bama gonna make OM go suck dick for money like OM did to them last year. The trailers are safe this weekend. And big softie playing or not makes zero difference.

While I think you may be correct in your assessment of the outcome of the game....

The above bold text does not compute...

Jack Lambert
09-14-2015, 09:30 PM
While I think you may be correct in your assessment of the outcome of the game....

The above bold text does not compute...

At lest they have a Mercedes they bought from Saban parked under the tree.

Bubb Rubb
09-15-2015, 07:18 AM
Zero percent.

shannondawg
09-15-2015, 08:09 AM
Bucky was pretty testy when he replied to the question of Tunsil. Nothing has changed from last week.

I wonder who is gonna play the lead in "The Blindside II: Cheater got caught" ?

fishwater99
09-15-2015, 09:06 AM
I think he won't play at all this year. The NCAA will make him sit at least half the season, if they let him play at all.
Tunsil has no reason to play, he's a lock as a top 5 pick without playing a down this season.
Did CJ Hampton play last week for the Bears?

starkvegasdawg
09-15-2015, 09:29 AM
I think he won't play at all this year. The NCAA will make him sit at least half the season, if they let him play at all.
Tunsil has no reason to play, he's a lock as a top 5 pick without playing a down this season.
Did CJ Hampton play last week for the Bears?

I think he was still suspended. The site I go to lists him as questionable this week due to suspension. Odds are unless the NCAA is elbow deep in his ass he will play this week. They now also list another OL as questionable for the bama game. Robert Conyers must have inured his knee against Fresno. If he is out and the suspension for Hampton holds that is three OL out for their game against Bama. I would hate to be MGK if that is the case.

Alldawg
09-15-2015, 09:32 AM
99% chance he plays. Not that he would be ruled eligible, but he will play unless the NCAA rules before he cant.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-15-2015, 09:38 AM
99% chance he plays. Not that he would be ruled eligible, but he will play unless the NCAA rules before he cant.

OM has already said he's not playing before the NCAA ruling. They're not risking having anything fall on their head along with the Tunsil suspension.

Really Clark?
09-15-2015, 09:42 AM
I think he was still suspended. The site I go to lists him as questionable this week due to suspension. Odds are unless the NCAA is elbow deep in his ass he will play this week. They now also list another OL as questionable for the bama game. Robert Conyers must have inured his knee against Fresno. If he is out and the suspension for Hampton holds that is three OL out for their game against Bama. I would hate to be MGK if that is the case.

Hampton is a safety

Ifyouonlyknew
09-15-2015, 09:50 AM
Hampton is a safety

Conyers is also playing. He could've came back last week if needed.

Coach34
09-15-2015, 09:51 AM
OM has already said he's not playing before the NCAA ruling. They're not risking having anything fall on their head along with the Tunsil suspension.

This

Word is the NCAA is saying all season- Northern Miss is asking for 4 games. So they just have to wait on the NCAA to rule

starkvegasdawg
09-15-2015, 10:08 AM
Hampton is a safety

You're right. I looked at the list wrong. They will have three OL listed as out or questionable in Tunsil, Taylor, and Conyers although Dan just said that Conyers is playing.

Really Clark?
09-15-2015, 10:15 AM
You're right. I looked at the list wrong. They will have three OL listed as out or questionable in Tunsil, Taylor, and Conyers although Dan just said that Conyers is playing.

And if Tunsil doesn't play their question becomes where does Conyers play? Rawlings at RT? Their line may be very patched and super thin.

msstate7
09-15-2015, 10:19 AM
And if Tunsil doesn't play their question becomes where does Conyers play? Rawlings at RT? Their line may be very patched and super thin.

If Rawlings plays, then him, Patterson, and Kelly will get their first sec action on the road against the best dline in the sec. I just don't see Kelly having time to go downfield this week.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-15-2015, 10:25 AM

Conyers has started the 1st 2 games at Center.

Really Clark?
09-15-2015, 10:49 AM
Conyers has started the 1st 2 games at Center.

Yeah and that's where they would like to keep him but wasn't there some talk of kicking him outside if Rawlings and Cooper can't hold up? Or am I thinking wrong?

Ifyouonlyknew
09-15-2015, 10:55 AM
Yeah and that's where they would like to keep him but wasn't there some talk of kicking him outside if Rawlings and Cooper can't hold up? Or am I thinking wrong?

He can play Center or RT. If Rawlings starts struggling they could always push him outside & put someone else at center.

Alldawg
09-15-2015, 12:57 PM
He will play Saturday. Changing my prediction from 99% to 100%.

Alldawg
09-15-2015, 01:40 PM
0% I'm hearing 6 or 8 games.

What are you hearing? From what I have heard, this issue is very minor and has nothing to do with any Step-Father allegations. Just not sure I believe rental car violation is more severe than taking money for autographs like Manziel did

Really Clark?
09-15-2015, 01:52 PM
Rental car deal is Hampton not Tunsil. It's the agents that's Tunsil's biggest issue, as far as we know.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-15-2015, 01:58 PM
What are you hearing? From what I have heard, this issue is very minor and has nothing to do with any Step-Father allegations. Just not sure I believe rental car violation is more severe than taking money for autographs like Manziel did

I could be 100% wrong & he could play this weekend but that's what I'm hearing. It's a NCAA/NFL agent situation is what I'm hearing. I guess we'll know in the next few days.