PDA

View Full Version : MSU v LSU 2015: THE NEGATIVE (Mullen Defenders Beware)

Swagger Vance
09-14-2015, 01:38 PM
*Take a Deep Breath and relax all ye Mullen Defenders*

There are reasons for optimism after watching how we finished the game. You could start to see a team come together toward the end of the game and begin to feed off one another. However once again, we found a way to lose another close game. Here are some reasons why.

1) What is more important to Dan Mullen, Winning football games, or improving his quarterbacks draft stock?

After Saturday's game, i think its pretty obvious. MSU threw the ball over 50 times with a quarteback whos greatest strength is in the run game.
Dan clearly wants to train Dak to be a pocket passer, which he is not. I dont remember a single option read where Dak kept the ball nor a play where he looked to scramble up field after going thru his progressions. This is OBVIOUSLY a CONSCIOUS decision. Why make a Dual threat quarterback one dimensional. So again, are we here to win games, or celebrate draft picks. Please enlighten us Dan.

2) The Running Game:

What running game?

3) Shump:

I like the kid, but he is not a talented runner of the ball what so ever. It looks like his strength is in the pass game, coming out of the backfield, but the kid falls after first contact nearly every time, and sometimes he tackles himself. Id like to see some other guys start getting more touches. (Holloway looked good).

4) What in gods name happened on that final drive?

To me this one is inexplicable. This is a moment in the game where the Head coach has got to be more focused then he has ever been. You're saving a timeout for that CRITICAL moment when you may be lined up wrong, you stop the clock for a field goal, you take a sack, or a potential delay of game is coming. Not only does your head coach fall asleep and back up an already long field goal 5 yards, he then brings in a cold kicker, who has been just awful in the past, instead of a kicker who DRILLED a 40+ yarder earlier in the game and is 2-2 on the night. Dont even try to explain this one to us. You blew it Dan.

Final assessment: Dan Mullen is one of the worst IN-GAME X's and O's coaches I have ever watched. I consider him a coach who is outstanding at developing players and he has certainly had a positive effect on this program and should be commended for his strengths. But that does not make him immune to criticism nor hide the fact that he has single handedly, "in my opinion", coached us OUT of multiple wins while the head play caller and clock manager of this football team. Im not calling for him to be fired, im just telling you the facts. He is what he is, and this is what we are going to continue to get. He's too "cute" for his own good.

MadDawg
09-14-2015, 01:58 PM
Ok, so let me see if I understand this. You think Dan Mullen 1) Cares more about a QB's draft status that winning games for MSU 2) You think Mullen is the worst IN-GAME X & O coach you have ever seen in your life and 3) You think MSU has lost many, many games for no other reason than Mullen is not a very good coach - but you want to keep him?

Coach007
09-14-2015, 02:00 PM
4- trolling um fan

CadaverDawg
09-14-2015, 02:03 PM
Way to be subtle on post #4.