PDA

View Full Version : Dear

msstate7
09-14-2015, 11:10 AM
With holloway being our most effective runner so far, should we give dear some carries at rb? Perhaps with us struggling run blocking a smaller, faster type of rb is the way to go this year.

Also I hope if Gibson is showing something in practice, we consider pulling the RS. Lee, shump, and Williams are all sorta the same guy aren't they?

Jack Lambert
09-14-2015, 11:11 AM
No one can hold on to the ball.

Dallas_Dawg
09-14-2015, 01:11 PM
No one can hold on to the ball.

Are you saying all of our backup RBs have fumbling issues?
Also, I see Nick Gibson mentioned but no Alec Murphy. Supposedly he's a big back that can run folks over

confucius say
09-14-2015, 01:22 PM
Dear's not redshirting, so you might as well see if he can help you. Stupid not to really. He needs 6-8 carries this week and let's just see. Can't be any worse. Same with the other backs who are not redshirting.

CadaverDawg
09-14-2015, 01:25 PM
Dear's not redshirting, so you might as well see if he can help you. Stupid not to really. He needs 6-8 carries this week and let's just see. Can't be any worse. Same with the other backs who are not redshirting.

Yep. We need to see Lee, Williams, and Dear a lot Saturday. I want to see who's the hungriest.

msstate7
09-14-2015, 01:29 PM
I wonder if Myles could play rb.

confucius say
09-14-2015, 01:56 PM
I wonder if Myles could play rb.

Prob not but he sure as hell needs touches. Jet sweep, reverse, bubbles. Even wildcat if we are not going to run dak. He has one catch and no rushes.

msstate7
09-14-2015, 01:59 PM
Prob not but he sure as hell needs touches. Jet sweep, reverse, bubbles. Even wildcat if we are not going to run dak. He has one catch and no rushes.

We definetely need to add those dimensions to our offense, along with wr screens. If we can't run block straight up, maybe we can wear a dline down by playing sideline to sideline

CadaverDawg
09-14-2015, 02:07 PM
Myles
Donald Gray
Dear
Lee
Williams

Let's see these guys get multiple opportunities on offense.

msstate7
09-14-2015, 02:09 PM
Myles
Donald Gray
Dear
Lee
Williams

Let's see these guys get multiple opportunities on offense.

And if Gibson is showing promise in practice, I'd snatch that RS asap

CadaverDawg
09-14-2015, 02:13 PM
And if Gibson is showing promise in practice, I'd snatch that RS asap

Yea, I think you and I are both thinking the same about Gibson. It's probably a measurables thing. I just have a feeling about that guy. Liked his film a lot out of highschool, and he seems to have what we've been lacking so far....something in between Shump and Holloway, ha.

My two redshirted guys that I'm high on offensively, is Gibson and Mixon. We'll see

Gibson is 5'11 200 lbs, and was offered by Bama and FSU among MANY others. Hard not to be excited about him.

Coach007
09-14-2015, 02:18 PM
No, Lee and Williams are not the same as shump. They both can cut.

msstate7
09-14-2015, 02:23 PM
Yea, I think you and I are both thinking the same about Gibson. It's probably a measurables thing. I just have a feeling about that guy. Liked his film a lot out of highschool, and he seems to have what we've been lacking so far....something in between Shump and Holloway, ha.

My two redshirted guys that I'm high on offensively, is Gibson and Mixon. We'll see

Gibson is 5'11 200 lbs, and was offered by Bama and FSU among MANY others. Hard not to be excited about him.

Really excited about mixon. I think he will be our most dangerous player in 2 years