PDA

View Full Version : Don't you think that LSU not playing last weekend hurt us somewhat?

Thick
09-14-2015, 10:37 AM
Last week all we heard is how bad that would hurt LSU, but I thought it would hurt us as well. They have a new DL coach, a new DC, and for all practical purposes a new defensive scheme/philosophy. Vanilla as it might have been, it still would have provided the staff with info that would have helped with preparation. It took us an entire half before we really new how or where to attack their defense.

BossDawg
09-14-2015, 12:24 PM
Last week all we heard is how bad that would hurt LSU, but I thought it would hurt us as well. They have a new DL coach, a new DC, and for all practical purposes a new defensive scheme/philosophy. Vanilla as it might have been, it still would have provided the staff with info that would have helped with preparation. It took us an entire half before we really new how or where to attack their defense.

I think game film even if it was just LSU's first game wild have helped tremendously. Especially considering all of their changes on defense, like you said. It would've given our coaches a chance to scout their players, too, and scheme around some of their players' weaknesses.

Smitty
09-14-2015, 12:26 PM
I don't think it made a bit of difference.

All our wounds were self-inflicted.

Jack Lambert
09-14-2015, 12:39 PM
I said in another thread that we went into that game blind and at half we made the adjustments needed. If we have had a film to study our offensive game plan would have been different.

I also think they did a good job on the play calling to help Warren out in the second half. The two halfs were just complete opposite of each other.

BrunswickDawg
09-14-2015, 12:56 PM
And didn't Steele say a couple of weeks ago that he spent his summer watching film on MSU and Dak? I'm not trying to make excuses, but a lot of people on here wrote off LSU b/c Chavis was great and Steele's D crapped the bed in his last game at Clemson. You don't keep getting DC jobs at big programs if you are a shitty coach. I think Steele was determined to make us beat them in the air, and we didn't recognize it initially.

So we have a D we have no film on, a DC who spent his summer watching us, our coach determined to do it different, Dak being gun-shy on the run for whatever reason (including now a sports hernia op over the summer??), and us breaking in basically a new o-line. I'm beginning to think we look back on this at the end of the season and have very different opinions about the game.

MadDawg
09-14-2015, 01:09 PM
I don't think it made a bit of difference.

All our wounds were self-inflicted.

Yes. If not for that dumbass ******* we would have beat LSU by at least 40. ***