PDA

View Full Version : WMD's Armchair QB: Tiger Prey Edition

War Machine Dawg
09-14-2015, 10:07 AM
Gents, the Tiger Prey Edition of AC QB is available at FWTCT. Let me know what you think. As always, I'm surprised at how C34 and I make many of the same points with zero collaboration.

War Machine Dawg
09-14-2015, 11:11 AM
About to fall off the first page bump

GTHOM
09-14-2015, 12:38 PM
1. Agreed with that. I will take TOs and TFLs over yardage every game.

2. LSU scored on their possessions in the first qtr because our offense did absolutely nothing and they got the ball +50 on both drives. Could we have been better on D there? yes but we werent atrocious.

3. That holding call was pure garbage by the ref that called it. The line judge on LSU's sideline made the call, not only is that hard to believe that he could see that, LF was behind the line of scrimmage when Ryan Brown played the screen perfectly and stopped it. That was pure shit.

4. The tackling was a problem on their one score in the 2nd half. 3 straight plays we are in the backfield and did not make the play. It was good in spurts but you should be good 24 7 at tackling. Or better than we have been.

5. Agreed those guys are all going to play on sunday.

6. You know as well as I do mullen is going to play the senior. And it cost us. Again. A lot like kivon coman and kendrick market at safety. Mullen just refuses to change anything. Its idiotic. Dez Harris did play and was okay at times but on LFs td in 3rd qtr he did not set the edge and LF broke it. He is young and will improve. Already better than 14. I did not see Green play much D if at all. That is piss poor on our staff.

7. Once again the most talented players are not in at safety.

8. They called some well timed zone reads with Harris and they worked. Their HC isnt telling him to give it no matter what unlike ours. The scramble Harris had in the 4th qtr their LT 65 was holding AJ like a mug. Then they called 65 for holding on the next play. Cmon Ref.

9. When brandon bryant was in we got stops and looked much better at safety. MIND BLOWN

10. Market is an overachiever especially since the injury. Everyone loves him. Hes good vs the run but not fast enough to stop the pass. He has a place in our defense but its not going to be stopping the pass.

11. See Mullen

12. Cleveland is okay. He has some dawg in him but his main problem you are correct on. As far as the others, See Mullen.

13. The defense played well enough to give us more than one chance to win.

Agreed as usual on all ST points.

1. The offensive line play improved in the 2nd half. A lot of it has to do with Mullen limiting one of the best players in the country on zone read, and Shump being a downhill runner not an inside outside zone runner.

2. Shump is an LSU back. If he is going to be the guy we need to run the 09 Boobie Dixon running game. Power, Lead, Dive, Counter. He does not look comfortable putting his foot in the ground and cutting on zone runs.

3. Agreed.

4. Agreed. And on the play williams got smothered it was a zone read that dak didnt keep it on. just like last year after dak got hurt we ran it with dak never keeping it. its idiotic. as ive said its like running dive and not blocking the nose guard. Mullen has to turn dak loose he wont be here another year.

5. The delay of game is on him and our HC. The 5 wide set as you said needs to be scrapped bc we will never get an empty box out of that look again for the rest of our lives . Teams have adjusted dan the qb run on 3rd and 7 aint gonna work anymore. Damn. Dak not scrambling I think is on Mullen too. Hes trained him not to do it. Dak would have never made those decisions on the zone read and not scrambling last year. No way. Cmon dan

6. Agreed. Although they were very impressive after mullen finally woke up.

Agreed 7-10.

1. I think we can help the o line by not being dumbasses as coaches.

2. Completely unacceptable by mullen. feel like ive been saying that a lot for the last 6 games

3. I think LF and chubb can leave now since theyve started for 2 years

4. We were in 4 down territory you cannot call an empty set and throw it in that situation. Quick game or run the ball then go for it on 4th.

5. See Mullen

6. Good point on Myles he was M.I.A.

7. Atmosphere was badass as usual. Even with the pure garbage on the field in the 1st qtr.

8. Not gettting into politics but Im with you on this point

I think we can win every game on our schedule its just going to come down to being healthy and coaching. I hate to say it but mullen has sucked 4 out of the last 6 games.
We have to win at auburn or at a&m we cant lose both. I think we can win and will win at least one. 2 would be great but its all on mullen. im tired of seeing the same mistakes in every big game we are in lately. the beating lsu auburn and a&m honeymoon is over dan. its time to step up

War Machine Dawg
09-14-2015, 12:52 PM
Chubb and Fournette are both true sophomores. So unless they turn 21, they have to come back one more year. The rule is 3 years removed from HS or 21, whichever comes first. That's why you don't RS 3 year talents like Chris Jones. Good luck stopping either of them one more year, even with both teams having shitty QBs.

BulldogBear
09-14-2015, 01:17 PM
8. Not gettting into politics but Im with you on this point

Me too. It feels a lot like when Ole Miss banned sticks instead of just having the courage of your convictions. Most people see thru it anyway.

I'm not particularly against the State Flag. Not for changing it. But I'm okay with changing it if we must. Until then it is our state flag. It's disrespectful of every citizen, even those against it, to refuse to fly it with some lame excuse.

Every Mississippian should be OUTRAGED that it was banned from the NCAA track meet this summer. Until it's changed, it is our flag.

War Machine Dawg
09-14-2015, 01:20 PM
Me too. It feels a lot like when Ole Miss banned sticks instead of just having the courage of your convictions. Most people see thru it anyway.

I'm not particularly against the State Flag. Not for changing it. But I'm okay with changing it if we must. Until then it is our state flag. It's disrespectful of every citizen, even those against it, to refuse to fly it with some lame excuse.

Every Mississippian should be OUTRAGED that it was banned from the NCAA track meet this summer. Until it's changed, it is our flag.

And this is EXACTLY the point I was making. If the administration wants to stop its display for political reason, they should have the courage to admit that is what they're doing. Otherwise, they're cowards who are forcing their political preferences onto us without taking the corresponding heat that should come with such a decision. Blaming it on dead time, when things like the band intro video and the Ford sponsorship kill the crowd way worse than the Color Guard, is complete horseshit. Just admit what you're doing.

steeldawg
09-14-2015, 01:59 PM
Why go out of your way to shit on the band, dude? They had no control over the decisions made. I thought they did a great job. Plus, they cheer for the same team you do.

I don't care that you don't like the band, but your statements in this article aren't cool.

Bubb Rubb
09-14-2015, 02:30 PM
Why go out of your way to shit on the band, dude? They had no control over the decisions made. I thought they did a great job. Plus, they cheer for the same team you do.

I don't care that you don't like the band, but your statements in this article aren't cool.

Agreed.

CadaverDawg
09-14-2015, 02:42 PM

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/popcorn_seinfeld.gif

mstatefan91
09-14-2015, 02:47 PM

+1

Was a very disrespectful thing to say. Point the finger at the higher ups. Leave the band out of it.

BeardoMSU
09-14-2015, 02:54 PM

Well said, Steel.

War Machine Dawg
09-14-2015, 05:09 PM
Wanna know what's funny? Three of my closest friends to this day played in the band while we were at State. We've had numerous discussions about the band over the years. Our music department is horrible and we don't attract top notch musicians. I shouldn't have said what I did, but what I said wasn't untrue, either. Hell, we have problems forming straight lines. Did you see that problem from LSU? I was wrong and went a bit overboard, though.

Side note: Kind of amazing how we can all criticize the football team, coaches, etc. but say something about the band and OH MY GOD PEOPLE ARE LOSING THEIR MINDS, WHAT MONSTER SAYS SOMETHING LIKE THAT?!!!

mstatefan91
09-14-2015, 05:39 PM
Wanna know what's funny? Three of my closest friends to this day played in the band while we were at State. We've had numerous discussions about the band over the years. Our music department is horrible and we don't attract top notch musicians. I shouldn't have said what I did, but what I said wasn't untrue, either. Hell, we have problems forming straight lines. Did you see that problem from LSU? I was wrong and went a bit overboard, though.

Side note: Kind of amazing how we can all criticize the football team, coaches, etc. but say something about the band and OH MY GOD PEOPLE ARE LOSING THEIR MINDS, WHAT MONSTER SAYS SOMETHING LIKE THAT?!!!

The band is there only to entertain and enhance fan experience. Comparing them to the football team is just silly.

But anyway, my biggest take aways from this game are that Manny can still adjust and get the defense in order in game.. Mullen still plays too conservative to open big games and can't manage a clock to save his life. Devon Bell is Devon Bell. Wasted scholarship. Shump can't find a hole to save his life, and the OLine grew up during this game. Should be improved play the rest of the season from that group.

steeldawg
09-14-2015, 06:12 PM

The bands job is to entertain the fans and the band does that job as well as anyone else, but our fans only want to bitch about how much the band sucks. It's really pathetic. Bands don't take the field to compete, they are there to play "Hail 17ing State" after the team scores and spell out State during pregame.

I can name 4 bands that the FMB is easily better than in our conference, and another 5 that you really couldn't tell much of a difference in terms of how "good" they are. You can believe the FMB is "bottom of the barrel" all you want, but my years in the band and seeing every band in the conference tells me a different story.

archdog
09-14-2015, 06:20 PM
The band is there only to entertain and enhance fan experience. Comparing them to the football team is just silly.

Isn't that exactly what the football team is supposed to do? Entertain and enhance the fan experience?

archdog
09-14-2015, 06:21 PM
Oh yeah, can they get better pants. They look like something out of Charlie and the Chocolate factory out there.

AROB44
09-14-2015, 06:21 PM
Mullen still plays too conservative to open big games

Funny that no one said that after last year's LSU game.

mstatefan91
09-14-2015, 07:03 PM
Isn't that exactly what the football team is supposed to do? Entertain and enhance the fan experience?

The football team makes the university and SEC money. Not the same thing. Surely, you see this.

Point being: people pay to see the team. Nobody pays to see the band. They are a 'bonus'