PDA

View Full Version : Nurse asks the million dollar question this morning

Coach34
09-14-2015, 07:23 AM
"Why won't Dak run the ball??????"

45 year old woman in Shreveport, La sees it Dan. Get it fixed

Smitty
09-14-2015, 07:33 AM
Dak is making the decision to not tuck and run, scramble, etc. Dak is making the decision to hand the ball off every time on the read.

Dawgface
09-14-2015, 07:38 AM
Dak is making the decision to not tuck and run, scramble, etc. Dak is making the decision to hand the ball off every time on the read.

Dak can't make a hole magically appear in the line.

Coach34
09-14-2015, 07:42 AM

there is the outside as well. There are different things we can do scheme-wise to help the OL. The zone read is not the only play in football. Not to mention Dak could have taken off at least twice and run for 10 yards but instead tried to force passes that fell incomplete. Our QB has to run the football.

And the nurse's son plays for Nebraska. He played against Dak in HS. She's seen him play and knows what he is capable of

Coach007
09-14-2015, 07:45 AM

There were no holes vs LSU last year. The first 2 series, dak averaged 2 yards per carry. That wasn't the issue this year. It is the play calling in the first quarter. All you have to do is watch the game last year. We didn't even attempt to play like that this year vs LSU.

Smitty
09-14-2015, 07:48 AM
No evidence of the auburn pop pass that would be a huge weapon for this offense. If there is no Dak run threat we will see the 2012 style results.

All of our opponents seem eerily similar to their 2012 versions too.

Down Auburn, strong LSU, Bama, UNM, A&M... UK and Arky tossups

Coach007
09-14-2015, 08:00 AM
Dak had his first real yards last year vs LSU in the 3rd quarter. Now just ask ourselves how did we do it then. How did we score 17 points on LSU in our first 3 drives? With Dak having 2 rushing attempts and about 5 yards. Our play calling has changed early. It why we lost.

BeardoMSU
09-14-2015, 08:35 AM
there is the outside as well.

Dak wouldn't have been successful at that, either - can't outrun speedy LB's.

He is a power runner, not a speed runner.

And as Dawgface said, he can't make the O-line block better. They were getting abused. That's the biggest problem with our running game.

civildawg
09-14-2015, 08:40 AM

Dude did you watch the game? I sat there and watched Dak hand off the zone read and the defensive end crashed down on the RB. He didnt even think about pulling the ball from the RB. If he would have he would have gained 10 yards a pop. Happened at least 5 times in the game.

SDDawg
09-14-2015, 08:47 AM
Here is my take: Dak wasn't going to run against USM and frankly, even though we looked rusty, I'm ok with that. In the LSU game, Dak was going to run a bit more, using the pass to set it up, then we got behind 2 TDs and Dan had to start pressing. Pure speculation, but I think he was supposed to run a bit more than he did to keep the defense honest but it wasn't scripted early.

Now here's what should happen: Dak should be toting the rock 10+ times a game as C34 has said. He needs designed runs and zone reads in the first quarter EVERY GAME. This offense doesn't work when Dak doesn't run, and I don't believe for a second that this is on Dak. Sure they want to pass more and with the receivers we have I'm fine with it, but this offense can't be effective with no real threat of a QB run. And don't tell me it's all on the O-line because I don't believe that, plenty of options for Dan to go to and compensate for a line still trying to gel and he did that last year too.

Dawgology
09-14-2015, 09:09 AM
Dak wouldn't have been successful at that, either - can't outrun speedy LB's.

He is a power runner, not a speed runner.

And as Dawgface said, he can't make the O-line block better. They were getting abused. That's the biggest problem with our running game.

It's pretty obvious Dak is worried about increasing his draft stock and that only happens for him through passing. There were multiple plays where he rolled out and had 20 yards of green in front of him but chose to throw an incomplete ten yard pass. With our offense the QB has to be a run threat or we are throwing into double coverage all night. It's how he got such great passing numbers last year. The defense had to cheat down a bit to cover him which opened up receivers. That's not happening this year and we are becoming one dimensional....in the weirdest way possible.

We do have O-line issues but I think they will get better throughout the season...still won't help if Dak doesn't use his feet though.

Coach007
09-14-2015, 09:10 AM
@ beard.... no. The ol was not the issue. The conservative play calling crowded the box. Last season we rolled dak 2 times in the first drive, we had read options, we put lewis in motion, ran dak the opposite and threw back to lewis. The plays forced the defense to .... key word... spread out to defend. We did nothing in almost 2 quarters to do that.

@ Randy... vs lsu last year, dak ran it 2 times in the first half for roughly 5 yards. Yet we had 17 points. Running Dak did not create the success. Running our spread offense did that. We have closed the play book in the first quaternary and have since bama.

Mjoelner34
09-14-2015, 09:11 AM
Dude did you watch the game? I sat there and watched Dak hand off the zone read and the defensive end crashed down on the RB. He didnt even think about pulling the ball from the RB. If he would have he would have gained 10 yards a pop. Happened at least 5 times in the game.

^^^THIS^^^ Also, don't know if you could see it on TV but from my endzone view, Dak had anywhere from 5 to 15 yards any time he wanted them when he would scramble outside the pocket.

Smitty
09-14-2015, 09:24 AM
^^^THIS^^^ Also, don't know if you could see it on TV but from my endzone view, Dak had anywhere from 5 to 15 yards any time he wanted them when he would scramble outside the pocket.

And this is why we're pissed. Again.

Winnable games lost because of bullshit. If you MAXIMIZE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING and still fall short then tip your cap but we consistently underperform… Consistently.

Don't sell me any bullshit about our terrible history, etc. With greater power comes greater responsibility. We have a team capable of doing great things and we are ****ing it up by having, yet another, shitty D-II level, uninspired, unimaginative, conservative game plan. We are sitting better players because they are further away from the drinking age than other players. Our QB wants to impress the NFL more than do what is necessary to WIN NOW. We still handcuff ourselves recruiting.

Another day in the life of the "everyone else goes to the party, we're the kids with a curfew" Mississippi State fandom.

Tbonewannabe
09-14-2015, 09:25 AM

This all day long. Dak chose to either try to make a tough throw instead of taking the five or 10 yards given to him. Shumpert was getting keyed on because Dak wouldn't pull it. On One of the fg attempt Dak had a side of the field almost empty but let Shump run into a brick wall because the whole defense was slanted that way. Dak might have at least gotten a first down if not a TD.

TaleofTwoDogs
09-14-2015, 10:19 AM
there is the outside as well. There are different things we can do scheme-wise to help the OL. The zone read is not the only play in football. Not to mention Dak could have taken off at least twice and run for 10 yards but instead tried to force passes that fell incomplete. Our QB has to run the football.

And the nurse's son plays for Nebraska. He played against Dak in HS. She's seen him play and knows what he is capable of

Hell, we all know what he is capable of. That's what's so frustrating.

AlSwearengen
09-14-2015, 10:30 AM
I think this is a case of johnny manziel 2.0. Dak needs to show that he can get it done with his arm for the nfl scouts AND we could be trying to make sure he is healthy.

Maroonthirteen
09-14-2015, 10:35 AM

Sooo, the guy decides to skip the NFL draft last year and return to school. Only to PURPOSELY play halfass another year in college.*** Ridiculous.

I think I know who kicked Dak on campus a few years ago.

Smitty
09-14-2015, 10:41 AM
Sooo, the guy decides to skip the NFL draft last year and return to school. Only to PURPOSELY play halfass another year in college.*** Ridiculous.

Don't be a retard. If he wanted to be drafted high he needed to show much more nfl ability which is why he's back. He's taking it too far with his completely abandoning the duel threat option.

Dak needs to mimic Mariota, not Russell.

Maroonthirteen
09-14-2015, 10:54 AM
Don't be a retard. If he wanted to be drafted high he needed to show much more nfl ability which is why he's back. He's taking it too far with his completely abandoning the duel threat option.

Dak needs to mimic Mariota, not Russell.

You are not in his head. You are not in team meetings or at practice. You have no idea what you are talking about.

sandwolf
09-14-2015, 10:57 AM

I don't necessarily buy the idea that Dak is making the decision not to run, scramble, etc., without any input from Mullen. But don't act like Dak skipped the draft because he was dead set on winning more games for MSU. If he had gotten a 1st or 2nd round grade, he would be in the NFL right now.....he came back to improve his draft stock.

Percho
09-14-2015, 11:06 AM
Here is my take: Dak wasn't going to run against USM and frankly, even though we looked rusty, I'm ok with that. In the LSU game, Dak was going to run a bit more, using the pass to set it up, then we got behind 2 TDs and Dan had to start pressing. Pure speculation, but I think he was supposed to run a bit more than he did to keep the defense honest but it wasn't scripted early.

Now here's what should happen: Dak should be toting the rock 10+ times a game as C34 has said. He needs designed runs and zone reads in the first quarter EVERY GAME. This offense doesn't work when Dak doesn't run, and I don't believe for a second that this is on Dak. Sure they want to pass more and with the receivers we have I'm fine with it, but this offense can't be effective with no real threat of a QB run. And don't tell me it's all on the O-line because I don't believe that, plenty of options for Dan to go to and compensate for a line still trying to gel and he did that last year too.

Dak needs, "0," designed runs. He had, designed runs, Saturday night. The only, designed runs, he should run is a QB draw and really sell that as a pass. Dak needs to R E A D on the option read and keep the ball.

Percho
09-14-2015, 11:17 AM
How great would it have been on the first ground the ball play to have your QB who never goes under center to fake the grounding and throw a pass to Wilson? I think we even had two TO's at that point. A trick play that should be on the books for just such an occasion as Saturday night. Assign it a number as No. 1. Hold up the No . 1 run up to the line for the grounding and hit it.

blacklistedbully
09-14-2015, 11:20 AM

Tried to give you rep points for this one, but it's telling me I have to "spread the love more" before i can.

Mods, can we do away with that? I'd rather reward a good post than be forced to give rep points to someone less deserving.

Maroonthirteen
09-14-2015, 11:22 AM
Sure he came back to improve his draft stock. But for some idiot to suggest that he is protecting himself without any regard as to the outcome of a game........is a ridiculously stupid suggestion.

BossDawg
09-14-2015, 11:38 AM
It's pretty obvious Dak is worried about increasing his draft stock and that only happens for him through passing.

I was hoping this wasn't going to happen. Someone mentioned before the season that Dak might try to be more of a pocket passer this year. I don't recall Cam Newton holding back and he still went first in the draft. Geez. Only at State would something like this throw a wrench in everything just when we need it the most. Now I wonder if it's correctable, or has Dak and Mullen made up their minds to keep stalling the offense just so Dak MIGHT improve his draft stock.

BossDawg
09-14-2015, 11:45 AM

Winnable games lost because of bullshit. If you MAXIMIZE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING and still fall short then tip your cap but we consistently underperform? Consistently.

Don't sell me any bullshit about our terrible history, etc. With greater power comes greater responsibility. We have a team capable of doing great things and we are ****ing it up by having, yet another, shitty D-II level, uninspired, unimaginative, conservative game plan. We are sitting better players because they are further away from the drinking age than other players. Our QB wants to impress the NFL more than do what is necessary to WIN NOW. We still handcuff ourselves recruiting.

I literally felt my blood pressure rise reading that and knowing how true it is.

Really Clark?
09-14-2015, 11:51 AM
I was hoping this wasn't going to happen. Someone mentioned before the season that Dak might try to be more of a pocket passer this year. I don't recall Cam Newton holding back and he still went first in the draft. Geez. Only at State would something like this throw a wrench in everything just when we need it the most. Now I wonder if it's correctable, or has Dak and Mullen made up their minds to keep stalling the offense just so Dak MIGHT improve his draft stock.

Cam was one and done and at the beginning of the year he didn't have much draft stock to begin with. Different altogether.

BossDawg
09-14-2015, 11:55 AM
Cam was one and done and at the beginning of the year he didn't have much draft stock to begin with. Different altogether.

What I'm saying is Cam never tried to critique his style and he still went first.

Smitty
09-14-2015, 11:58 AM
What I'm saying is Cam never tried to critique his style and he still went first.

I know someone else that went in the 1st Round... Tim Tebow

Tebow rushed 217 times for 910 yards and 14 TD his senior year.

Really Clark?
09-14-2015, 12:02 PM

Cam also didn't have an off season where he was graded by the NFL and has that in the front of his mind for months. He was getting a second chance at an SEC school and was not even named the starter until fall camp. He was going to do whatever the coaches asked. Not that this a Dak or Dan decision that I'm going to debate, but the comparison is way way off the mark.

BossDawg
09-14-2015, 12:06 PM
Cam also didn't have an off season where he was graded by the NFL and has that in the front of his mind for months. He was getting a second chance at an SEC school and was not even named the starter until fall camp. He was going to do whatever the coaches asked. Not that this a Dak or Dan decision that I'm going to debate, but the comparison is way way off the mark.

I wasn't comparing their off seasons, draft stock, or any of....nevermind. You're just not getting the point.

Really Clark?
09-14-2015, 12:07 PM
I know someone else that went in the 1st Round... Tim Tebow

Tebow rushed 217 times for 910 yards and 14 TD his senior year.

Much better comparison. And does being compared to Tebow or RGIII or Kapernick help or hurt his chances of a first round grade?

Swagger Vance
09-14-2015, 12:08 PM
"Why won't Dak run the ball??????"

45 year old woman in Shreveport, La sees it Dan. Get it fixed

It's pretty obvious to me whats going on. Mullen is trying to showcase Dak for the NFL. He is trying to mold him into a pocket passer. Which might improve his draft stock, but will ultimately limit the offense and cost the team wins.

Really Clark?
09-14-2015, 12:10 PM
I wasn't comparing their off seasons, draft stock, or any of....nevermind. You're just not getting the point.

I get what your saying but Cam didn't have any of that hanging over his head at the start of the season so why would Cam try to be different? He was just trying to earn the starting job and he wasn't even in the 1st round discussions until he won the heisman and national title. Just completely different scenarios.

BossDawg
09-14-2015, 12:17 PM
I get what your saying but Cam didn't have any of that hanging over his head at the start of the season so why would Cam try to be different? He was just trying to earn the starting job and he wasn't even in the 1st round discussions until he won the heisman and national title. Just completely different scenarios.

Again, I wasn't comparing their scenarios against each other. Dak (or Mullen, whoever is doing it) is trying to mold Dak into a more appealing QB for the NFL, meaning, in a nutshell, more pocket presence and less running. Dak's natural style is arguably identical to Cam's style, which didn't hurt Cam in the draft one bit.

Really Clark?
09-14-2015, 12:37 PM
Again, I wasn't comparing their scenarios against each other. Dak (or Mullen, whoever is doing it) is trying to mold Dak into a more appealing QB for the NFL, meaning, in a nutshell, more pocket presence and less running. Dak's natural style is arguably identical to Cam's style, which didn't hurt Cam in the draft one bit.

Ok well first off I disagree that they are the same type of dual threats. Cam is a much larger QB. But what about now. Not when Cam got drafted but now. There are issues with dual guys in the league after the success of some of them but many are just not making it. He doesn't have Wilson or Kaepernick's speed or Cam's size (6'5" 250 lbs). I think the arm and accuracy was the question by the NFL. Now I have no idea (and neither does anyone else on the boards) if this was a Dak or Dan descision or if it was mainly what the defense was giving us in the second game of the season. Next week may tell the tale of some of this. I do recall many debates of people calling for us to be at least 60/40 pass to run and Dak only running 6-8 times a game with mostly that being scrambles. I remember seeing that a good bit on here and yet I don't see any of those people defending what that looks like now after that last few weeks.

joedog
09-14-2015, 12:51 PM
Ok well first off I disagree that they are the same type of dual threats. Cam is a much larger QB. But what about now. Not when Cam got drafted but now. There are issues with dual guys in the league after the success of some of them but many are just not making it. He doesn't have Wilson or Kaepernick's speed or Cam's size (6'5" 250 lbs). I think the arm and accuracy was the question by the NFL. Now I have no idea (and neither does anyone else on the boards) if this was a Dak or Dan descision or if it was mainly what the defense was giving us in the second game of the season. Next week may tell the tale of some of this. I do recall many debates of people calling for us to be at least 60/40 pass to run and Dak only running 6-8 times a game with mostly that being scrambles. I remember seeing that a good bit on here and yet I don't see any of those people defending what that looks like now after that last few weeks.

I'm no expert or an athlete but I could have run for 10+ yards with all the green acres in front of Dak on most of his scrambles. He coulda/shoulda have tucked it and ran many many times for a first down but instead chose to force a throw that was off the mark or dropped. That is the biggest difference in the offense from my perspective. The blocking of the O line was not up to par and caused the scrambles but there was plenty of opportunity for positive yardage that were not taken.

Dawgface
09-14-2015, 01:47 PM
It's pretty obvious to me whats going on. Mullen is trying to showcase Dak for the NFL. He is trying to mold him into a pocket passer. Which might improve his draft stock, but will ultimately limit the offense and cost the team wins.

Mullen should be fired then. His only concern s/b doing what is best to get us wins. I doubt that is the case. But I do think its possible Mullen wants to limit his running to keep him healthy. But I say screw that........let him play. If he gets hurt....next man up.

Really Clark?
09-14-2015, 01:52 PM
I'm no expert or an athlete but I could have run for 10+ yards with all the green acres in front of Dak on most of his scrambles. He coulda/shoulda have tucked it and ran many many times for a first down but instead chose to force a throw that was off the mark or dropped. That is the biggest difference in the offense from my perspective. The blocking of the O line was not up to par and caused the scrambles but there was plenty of opportunity for positive yardage that were not taken.

Agreed, but that wasn't the debate I was having about comparing Cam's one year at Auburn and him running. I have no way of knowing if it is a Dak issue or Dan. Some of it was defense but the scrambles and some read options looked to be there. But again that was not what I was talking about.

Swagger Vance
09-14-2015, 02:11 PM
Mullen should be fired then. His only concern s/b doing what is best to get us wins. I doubt that is the case. But I do think its possible Mullen wants to limit his running to keep him healthy. But I say screw that........let him play. If he gets hurt....next man up.

I dont get why people cant believe that Dan Mullen would do the things that Dan Mullen does. Can you give me a logical reason why he would pass the ball 50 times against a team that our QB ran for 100+ on last year. He is either TRYING to help Dak get ready for the NFL as a pocket passer or he BELIEVES that Dak is a pocket passer. I just think hes a bit out there, basically a poor mans Les Miles. He cant keep up with all the things going on in his own head. We've known for years he cant keep up with a play clock, nor manage his timeouts. He's lost.

*Note* He should not be fired. He is what he is. He's dramatically improved the perception of our program, and he has a happy go lucky personality that I think is appealing to National Television, which makes him look good and the program look good. That being said, hes a poor in game coach. Calls plays and does other things that just boggle the mind.

Dawgface
09-14-2015, 02:17 PM
I dont get why people cant believe that Dan Mullen would do the things that Dan Mullen does. Can you give me a logical reason why he would pass the ball 50 times against a team that our QB ran for 100+ on last year. He is either TRYING to help Dak get ready for the NFL as a pocket passer or he BELIEVES that Dak is a pocket passer. I just think hes a bit out there, basically a poor mans Les Miles. He cant keep up with all the things going on in his own head. We've known for years he cant keep up with a play clock, nor manage his timeouts. He's lost.

From Mullen's press conference today....

As for Dak Prescott, Mullen says they saw one or two times in the LSU film that he could have decided to run and didn’t, but also noted several times where in the past Prescott would have run and instead he kept going through his reads and found a receiver. The point being, they’re not actively trying to keep Prescott from running.

“It’s not something, by design, we’re sitting here and saying ‘let’s do this way.’ I think it’s his progression in the passing game.”

https://hailstatebeat.wordpress.com/2015/09/14/live-thread-dan-mullen-press-conference-nsu-week/

sandwolf
09-14-2015, 03:38 PM
I do recall many debates of people calling for us to be at least 60/40 pass to run and Dak only running 6-8 times a game with mostly that being scrambles. I remember seeing that a good bit on here and yet I don't see any of those people defending what that looks like now after that last few weeks.

The people who were calling for that were definitely in the minority.....most people were of the opinion that you don't go off trying to revamp what was one of the best offenses in the country and in the history of the conference.

That being said, even the people that were calling for more passing were primarily wanting to see fewer designed QB runs....I don't think any of them were thinking that Dak was going to avoid running the ball when nobody was open and he had 15-20 yards of open field in front of him.

I seen it dawg
09-14-2015, 04:27 PM

This all day. LSU sold out on the RB as if they absolutely knew Dak was not going to run the ball. Every damn time. Something is **** up and whatever it is needs to change in 2 weeks.

I seen it dawg
09-14-2015, 04:29 PM

Winnable games lost because of bullshit. If you MAXIMIZE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING and still fall short then tip your cap but we consistently underperform? Consistently.

Another day in the life of the "everyone else goes to the party, we're the kids with a curfew" Mississippi State fandom.

Then get the **** out.

Dawg61
09-14-2015, 04:59 PM

Lol hilarious how casual you throw that out there. Mullen is a player's coach. He is invested in Dak. He wants Dak to make it in the NFL. That helps Dak tremendously but it also helps Dan for future QB recruiting. The overall picture is much larger than a couple extra potential wins. Yes we could beat LSU with Dak running but we would probably for sure lose to Auburn and aTm if Dak is then too hurt to play from the LSU game. Dak lost his mother and no offense to dad but they don't look to have the closest relationship and I doubt everyone is looking at his dad to be this supreme provider for everyone but they are looking at Dak like that. His window to multiple millions of dollars is small and will close very quickly very soon. How can you be confused why Dak isn't running as much IN COLLEGE right now. He is a professional athlete in 6 months. He is protecting the asset and Mullen is helping him to do that because they both are looking at the overall picture not focusing on doing whatever it takes to win individual college games. When Dak is about to be drafted next year zero shits will be given by any owner/coach/general manager/scout on why Dak didn't tuck it and run more vs LSU. The only people that care are us the MSU fans. We are putting MSU beating LSU above Dak's pro career. Imagine for a second how that looks to Dak. We are placing more value on him beating LSU anyway possible including risking serious injury above him being able to provide for his family for life. Dak has already become a pro mentally. He's already made the transition. Dan needs to adapt his offense to this new Dak if you want to maximize the wins this year.

Dawgface
09-14-2015, 05:58 PM
Lol hilarious how casual you throw that out there. Mullen is a player's coach. He is invested in Dak. He wants Dak to make it in the NFL. That helps Dak tremendously but it also helps Dan for future QB recruiting. The overall picture is much larger than a couple extra potential wins. Yes we could beat LSU with Dak running but we would probably for sure lose to Auburn and aTm if Dak is then too hurt to play from the LSU game. Dak lost his mother and no offense to dad but they don't look to have the closest relationship and I doubt everyone is looking at his dad to be this supreme provider for everyone but they are looking at Dak like that. His window to multiple millions of dollars is small and will close very quickly very soon. How can you be confused why Dak isn't running as much IN COLLEGE right now. He is a professional athlete in 6 months. He is protecting the asset and Mullen is helping him to do that because they both are looking at the overall picture not focusing on doing whatever it takes to win individual college games. When Dak is about to be drafted next year zero shits will be given by any owner/coach/general manager/scout on why Dak didn't tuck it and run more vs LSU. The only people that care are us the MSU fans. We are putting MSU beating LSU above Dak's pro career. Imagine for a second how that looks to Dak. We are placing more value on him beating LSU anyway possible including risking serious injury above him being able to provide for his family for life. Dak has already become a pro mentally. He's already made the transition. Dan needs to adapt his offense to this new Dak if you want to maximize the wins this year.

You have got to be kidding. MSU should adapt our game plan around one players possible NFL career? Did Newton or Tebow abandon the run in their final year of college? I believe both were drafted in the 1st round.......right?

Dawg61
09-14-2015, 06:12 PM
You have got to be kidding. MSU should adapt our game plan around one players possible NFL career? Did Newton or Tebow abandon the run in their final year of college? I believe both were drafted in the 1st round.......right?

Newton played ONE year at Auburn. That's why he didn't adapt. Tebow might still have a job if he'd done what Manziel and now Dak is doing. Mullen's offense as is with Dak not running isn't nearly as effective so YES Mullen needs to morph it this year to maximize wins.

Dawgface
09-14-2015, 06:24 PM
Newton played ONE year at Auburn. That's why he didn't adapt. Tebow might still have a job if he'd done what Manziel and now Dak is doing. Mullen's offense as is with Dak not running isn't nearly as effective so YES Mullen needs to morph it this year to maximize wins.

Boy Manziel converting to a standard NFL drop back passer has really worked out well. We will just have to disagree.

Dawg61
09-14-2015, 06:31 PM
Boy Manziel converting to a standard NFL drop back passer has really worked out well. We will just have to disagree.

I agree with you that MSU and Dak are at our best when he's a running threat but my point is that Mullen needs to adapt his offense to the NFL quick passing style if he and Dak are going to nut run him this year. Don't use the same offense with the threat of the QB run if he's going to move like Phillip Rivers this year.