PDA

View Full Version : AP poll...

CadaverDawg
09-13-2015, 07:20 PM
Ole Miss jumps A&M in AP poll...Why?

So they're saying two blowout wins over cupcakes, is better than a W over Arizona State and a blowout win vs a cupcake? That makes no sense.

I'm not surprised though. They gotta get Ole Miss ranked higher for that big showdown Saturday.

msstate7
09-13-2015, 07:23 PM
Doesn't matter anyway. aTm and om will settle it on the field

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-13-2015, 07:26 PM
I'm not surprised though. They gotta get Ole Miss ranked higher for that big showdown Saturday.
The second part is the majority of the answer, but no one can deny the confederates have been impressive. What's their weakness?

CadaverDawg
09-13-2015, 07:28 PM
The second part is the majority of the answer, but no one can deny the confederates have been impressive. What's their weakness?

Oh I agree. Just wondering how the voters justify them
Jumping a team that was ranked higher and beat better teams.

I think OM could win it all this year, as bad as it pains me to say it.

Dawgology
09-13-2015, 07:33 PM

So far UM's season reminds me of our 2012 season (I think it was 2012) where we played cupcakes the first half of the season and put up crazy stats to go 7-0...only to run in to Bama.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-13-2015, 07:36 PM

No justification needed Cad, they see 70+ scored again this week and there was already buzz around their team. All the media needed to see is that Kelly has his head on straight, at least for the time being.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-13-2015, 07:38 PM
So far UM's season reminds me of our 2012 season (I think it was 2012) where we played cupcakes the first half of the season and put up crazy stats to go 7-0...only to run in to Bama.

How many players did we have drafted in the first 3 rounds off that team? If they beat bama at bama, they will have a leg up on the west, while we lost a home game and must make up for it on the road somewhere. Unfortunately I don't think this team has the marbles to make it happen.

msstate7
09-13-2015, 07:40 PM

I'm not ready to declare them west favorites. Take a look at how aTm started last year...

aTm 52
Usce 28

aTm 73
Lamar 3

Chad Kelly could very well be this year's Kenny hill. Unlike Kelly thru 2 games, hill at least lit up an sec team. I think Kelly and OM will get a healthy dose of reality this weekend. Bama is back to their blueprint for championships -- run the ball, run the ball, run the ball and play defense

LC Dawg
09-13-2015, 07:46 PM
When Kelly was at EMCC they had tons more talent than the opponent and he put up video game numbers. Same thing for his first two games at Ole Miss. The balance of talent shifts to the opponent this Saturday in Tuscaloosa. If they beat Bama I'll be impressed but not by two look how big my dick is blowouts over shitty teams.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-13-2015, 07:48 PM
I'm not ready to declare them west favorites. Take a look at how aTm started last year...

aTm 52
Usce 28

aTm 73
Lamar 3

Chad Kelly could very well be this year's Kenny hill. Unlike Kelly thru 2 games, hill at least lit up an sec team. I think Kelly and OM will get a healthy dose of reality this weekend. Bama is back to their blueprint for championships -- run the ball, run the ball, run the ball and play defense

Also a great point, I guess we will see this weekend. Speaking of aTm, I can't believe how big of an impact Chavis has made on the attitude of that defense. They might not be a finished product yet, but it's impressive to see the difference in aggressiveness he has brought after a short amount of time.

bulldawg28
09-13-2015, 08:10 PM
Ole Miss is legit and if we don't get a legit passing game plan they're going to stomp a hole in us at home this year. We will not run on them consistently with our offensive scheme we currently have.

drunkernhelldawg
09-13-2015, 08:19 PM
They'll get first place votes if they beat Bama. They might even get the top spot.

msstate7
09-13-2015, 08:20 PM
They'll get first place votes if they beat Bama. They might even get the top spot.

Ohio state is #1 regardless of who wins bama-OM

TUSK
09-13-2015, 08:44 PM
Bama's about to find out if they've addressed their 2ndary issues from the last 2 seasons...

If the 2ndary plays well, Ole Miss will tap out in the mid 3rd.... if not, UM has a shot...

Liverpooldawg
09-13-2015, 08:45 PM

We don't know. The Little Sisters of the Poor aren't capable of exposing one. We don't know where their strengths are either.

msstate7
09-13-2015, 08:54 PM
Bama's about to find out if they've addressed their 2ndary issues from the last 2 seasons...

If the 2ndary plays well, Ole Miss will tap out in the mid 3rd.... if not, UM has a shot...

Number of runs to pass ratio...
Vs Wisconsin -- 37 to 22
Vs mtsu -- 39 to 26

Bama has to stick to this. Bama won championships by bludgeoning teams to team with the run and playing defense. They got away from that the last 2 years IMO. If bama keeps pounding away with the run, they beat om Saturday night

TUSK
09-13-2015, 09:02 PM
Number of runs to pass ratio...
Vs Wisconsin -- 37 to 22
Vs mtsu -- 39 to 26

Bama has to stick to this. Bama won championships by bludgeoning teams to team with the run and playing defense. They got away from that the last 2 years IMO. If bama keeps pounding away with the run, they beat om Saturday night

I concur... Bammer would've had a better chance at running the table last had they kept hammering...

CadaverDawg
09-13-2015, 10:18 PM
Ole Miss has had running issues under Freeze.....they just played two cupcakes......they scored 70+ in each game.....and guess what their run attempts to pass attempts are....

71 rushes
65 passes

Why in the hell would you not be working on your run game instead of running up the score throwing passes in the 4th quarter?

They've outscored their opponents like 149-24 thru 2 games, yet their opponents have run the ball 91 times to their 71.

I don't remember the last time a one dimensional team won the West....so we'll have to see if OM can change history. Because they're clearly not worried about working on their running game

CadaverDawg
09-13-2015, 10:22 PM
Another thing to note....

Ole Miss has fumbled 4 times already and lost 2 of them. They have also been penalized for 44 yards per game. This is against Sally and Francis at Home. You turn the ball over twice, have 50+ yards of penalties, and have no running game, in Tuscaloosa....I can't see you coming out victorious. But I may be wrong

msstate7
09-13-2015, 10:28 PM
Ole Miss has had running issues under Freeze.....they just played two cupcakes......they scored 70+ in each game.....and guess what their run attempts to pass attempts are....

71 rushes
65 passes

Why in the hell would you not be working on your run game instead of running up the score throwing passes in the 4th quarter?

They've outscored their opponents like 149-24 thru 2 games, yet their opponents have run the ball 91 times to their 71.

I don't remember the last time a one dimensional team won the West....so we'll have to see if OM can change history. Because they're clearly not worried about working on their running game

Their running game against bama will mirror ours vs lsu... Non existent. Either Kelly can complete passes and not turn it over or they lose this Saturday. I really think bama runs over OM about midway thru the 3rd. Om's defensive starters haven't had to play a full physical game and I expect them to have heavy legs in the 2ns half facing bama's big oline and rb's

ShotgunDawg
09-13-2015, 10:35 PM
I think Bucky has taken an ultra aggressive approach against the cupcakes in an effort to give college football the middle finger about the Tunsil issue.

Think about it, if the Tunsil issue ticks him off, he out to show the world that it doesn't matter.

bulldawg28
09-13-2015, 10:49 PM
Bama won't beat Ole Miss running the ball Saturday. Ole Miss is no longer small at the tackles and LB spots.

msstate7
09-13-2015, 10:53 PM
Bama won't beat Ole Miss running the ball Saturday. Ole Miss is no longer small at the tackles and LB spots.

So what you predicting for bama rushing yards Saturday?

GreenheadDawg
09-13-2015, 11:04 PM

Seriously? I'll take some of that action.

dotcomdawg
09-13-2015, 11:10 PM
don't really think Freeze is capable of thinking that deeply

I think Bucky has taken an ultra aggressive approach against the cupcakes in an effort to give college football the middle finger about the Tunsil issue.

Think about it, if the Tunsil issue ticks him off, he out to show the world that it doesn't matter.

SDDawg
09-13-2015, 11:33 PM
Bucky ain't shit. OM goes down, proves they're soft this coming weekend. MARK IT DOWN!!!!!!!

Bully13
09-13-2015, 11:47 PM
Ole Miss jumps A&M in AP poll...Why?

So they're saying two blowout wins over cupcakes, is better than a W over Arizona State and a blowout win vs a cupcake? That makes no sense.

PHUCK OLE Shit....that's my answer.. let the media have their circle jerk with the ghey assed confederates... let it play out

bulldawg28
09-14-2015, 06:55 AM
So what you predicting for bama rushing yards Saturday?

185-200. However, I don't think that will be enough running to beat then.

msstate7
09-14-2015, 07:18 AM
185-200. However, I don't think that will be enough running to beat then.

No so sure...

OM is 3-5 the last 2 years in road sec games with 2 of those wins vs vandy. Last year om faced 2 teams (lsu and Arkansas) that were run first, defensive minded teams and lost both by a combined score of 40-7. OM is simply not the same team on the road.

On the other hand, bama has lost 3 home games in the last 7 years.

Bama 27-16

bulldawg28
09-14-2015, 07:51 AM
No so sure...

OM is 3-5 the last 2 years in road sec games with 2 of those wins vs vandy. Last year om faced 2 teams (lsu and Arkansas) that were run first, defensive minded teams and lost both by a combined score of 40-7. OM is simply not the same team on the road.

On the other hand, bama has lost 3 home games in the last 7 years.

Bama 27-16
To me it comes down to QB play. Whichever team's Qb can move the ball and score through the air will win. I don't expect to see much running succesfully from either team.

nwesternlawdawg
09-14-2015, 10:28 AM
I wear women's clothes at home. #TSUNBear

Beaver
09-14-2015, 10:40 AM
I call people obsessed, but I'm the one that is truly obsessed Bc I live on MSU messageboards. EliteDawgs actually makes me angry Bc they are so accurate, and Bc they won't let me whine or troll on there.

Yet here you are, creating a 'free' message board account pretending you're a dawg fan who posts on page 2 of an AP poll thread using hashtags to say that Randy is #obsessed with #UNM #irony #troll

Jack Lambert
09-14-2015, 11:20 AM
When Kelly was at EMCC they had tons more talent than the opponent and he put up video game numbers. Same thing for his first two games at Ole Miss. The balance of talent shifts to the opponent this Saturday in Tuscaloosa. If they beat Bama I'll be impressed but not by two look how big my dick is blowouts over shitty teams.

It's about the defensive line and Line Backers. Kelly not going to have the time to put up all the passes.