PDA

View Full Version : Based on Dak's performance in the first 2 games you can draw only one conclusion

TaleofTwoDogs
09-13-2015, 06:44 PM
Many EDs have mentioned that Coach Mullen has ordered Dak not to run to protect him from injury and to improve his draft stock. I think they have it backwards. I think Dak put the conditions on Mullen that he was going to be a pocket passer and minimize his running to increase his chances in the NFL. Think about it, Dan had no choice but to accept Dak's terms because his alternative was a RS freshman without any reps on the field.
So now we have Russell II so everybody should get use to this shit. I hope some reporter in the coach's presser ask Dan what was the deal he struck with Dak. Don't think that will happen so I guess we should settle into a 6-7 win season. Bye-Bye Heisman, it would have looked great on display in the Union.

CadaverDawg
09-13-2015, 06:52 PM
Many EDs have mentioned that Coach Mullen has ordered Dak not to run to protect him from injury and to improve his draft stock. I think they have it backwards. I think Dak put the conditions on Mullen that he was going to be a pocket passer and minimize his running to increase his chances in the NFL. Think about it, Dan had no choice but to accept Dak's terms because his alternative was a RS freshman without any reps on the field.
So now we have Russell II so everybody should get use to this shit. I hope some reporter in the coach's presser ask Dan what was the deal he struck with Dak. Don't think that will happen so I guess we should settle into a 6-7 win season. Bye-Bye Heisman, it would have looked great on display in the Union.

Good thought, but I don't know that I can buy it. First of all, Dan has too big an ego for that and would have said "Son, if it weren't for me and my offense, nobody would know who the **** you are". And two, Mullen won 9 games with Relf, so I don't think Dan needs Dak as much as people think. (That's also the reason we will be fine next year, although the media will label us a 4 win team preseason). I think this is all on Dan trying to get another QB to the league.

But whoever is responsible, needs to know that they are killing this team by changing our identity on a record setting offense.

Hell, if this keeps up, we'll all be glad to see Dak go, because it will be back to the ground game that we have made so successful. I think that's why a lot of people want to see Fitz instead of Staley....because Staley makes people think Russell/2015Dak more than Relf/2014Dak....and that scares people. Not so sure they aren't right to be scared. We'll have to wait and see if USM and LSU were an anamoly for our offense, and we get back to what we're built for.

You could be right though. Who knows

Todd4State
09-13-2015, 07:01 PM
More than likely he has Josh Robinson disease. I think Dak is doing this on his own.

HoopsDawg
09-13-2015, 07:03 PM
I don't know what game ya'll were watching, but it was pretty apparent to me our only chance to win was to pass the football. Our O-line was getting whipped on running plays. Unless Dan brings back the FB, we are going to struggle running the ball this year.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-13-2015, 07:08 PM
Unless Dan brings back the FB, we are going to struggle running the ball this year.
Is there one on the roster?

CadaverDawg
09-13-2015, 07:10 PM

Yea, as bad as it pains me to say it, he's our starting Tailback right now.

msstate7
09-13-2015, 07:11 PM

Shump

Dallas_Dawg
09-13-2015, 07:12 PM

Ashton Shumpert. And there's nothing wrong with being a fullback

Todd4State
09-13-2015, 07:34 PM

No and Shumpert is the closest thing we have. That's why I would talk about Dixon in the offseason. He was the only other guy even remotely close to a fullback other than Shumpert.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-13-2015, 07:41 PM
Yeah, I love what Shump brings to the team, but he needs to be an enforcer and put in a position to use his physicality.

Smitty
09-13-2015, 07:47 PM
I was the first to point out the lack of scrambling was Dak not Dan

jbjones
09-13-2015, 07:56 PM

Since you're on the Coaching Staff, you should tell us more. I'm sure we'd love to hear more facts*.

SDDawg
09-13-2015, 08:06 PM

Put the Henny down bro, you've had enough. Seriously, very dumb analysis that doesn't reflect how this shit really works. Try again.

Really Clark?
09-13-2015, 08:20 PM

At this point I hope you are not a State fan. If you are you are the worse type of fan out there. You only live to be negative about the programs. You only posted once from third week of July until game day last Sat. 90% of your posts are just destructive negativity but when there are no games and just discussions where are you? You can only arm chair and nit pick after a play or games. Yeah we have issues as a team, no doubt, but you have issues if that's your true outlook in life. Just a miserable poster and if you truly have so much knowledge get off your butt and coach! That's what I do.

And I don't care if you are ever right or wrong on a topic again, your thumping of your chest when you are right about a failure with one of our programs seems so self serving. It appears you had rather be right (and you take the negative side of so many things that you have to be right some but have extreme difficulty admitting when you are wrong at times) than for the program or coach or player to do something positive and you be wrong. Almost hope you are really just a troll from another school.

Thick
09-13-2015, 08:20 PM
I don't know what game ya'll were watching, but it was pretty apparent to me our only chance to win was to pass the football. Our O-line was getting whipped on running plays. Unless Dan brings back the FB, we are going to struggle running the ball this year.

The only thing you can do to help create running lanes for Dak is to spread defenses out with 5 wides, and create a read pass first then run. You would do 2 things create good match ups for our receivers, and pressure defenses into putting a LB spying on Dak. Our pass blocking was not bad last night, but our blitz pick ups by our rb's was not good. Several times last night LSU tipped the blitz and we did not check down to short quick routes.

We had no game film to work from on Steele's defense, but we made some pretty good halftime adjustments offensively. I think we can still win games this year, but I want to see more blitzes defensively. One more thing, LSU is huge on the OL, and our front 7 played a hell of game, especially the second half. We are going to get better and better each week.

ShotgunDawg
09-13-2015, 08:37 PM
What's funny is that we actually had a real starting NFL fullback on the team last year in Malcolm Johnson and didn't use a FB.

SDDawg
09-13-2015, 08:38 PM

SPS has an APBA out for you, better check in homie.

Smitty
09-13-2015, 08:41 PM
At this point I hope you are not a State fan. If you are you are the worse type of fan out there. You only live to be negative about the programs. You only posted once from third week of July until game day last Sat. 90% of your posts are just destructive negativity but when there are no games and just discussions where are you? You can only arm chair and nit pick after a play or games. Yeah we have issues as a team, no doubt, but you have issues if that's your true outlook in life. Just a miserable poster and if you truly have so much knowledge get off your butt and coach! That's what I do.

And I don't care if you are ever right or wrong on a topic again, your thumping of your chest when you are right about a failure with one of our programs seems so self serving. It appears you had rather be right (and you take the negative side of so many things that you have to be right some but have extreme difficulty admitting when you are wrong at times) than for the program or coach or player to do something positive and you be wrong. Almost hope you are really just a troll from another school.

I don't accept losing winnable games due to effort and coaching

Liverpooldawg
09-13-2015, 08:43 PM
I still think the main reason for the lack of QB runs is the line.

Really Clark?
09-13-2015, 09:09 PM

Yeah I'm talking your overall attitude with nearly ever post you make, especially in game threads. You don't know near what you think you do and if you would step on the field and put your knowledge to test, you would be humbled very quickly. The fact your posts are hundreds times higher during and right after a game, especially a loss or poor showing with you expounding how smart you are or dumb coaching or bad players being nearly 100% of what you will type just speaks to your miserable mindset or your troll efforts. Nobody cares (fans, coaches, players) what you accept or not, it is evident you never played or coached at a high level of any sport. Not doubt you have watched a lot of games and have bought into a false mentality of what it takes to succeed from movies or what not. If you have the knowledge you think you do. I encourage you to coach. Rec departments are begging for people to help coach young people. Start your coaching journey. Or at least realize how negative your mentality is and it is NOT a winning attitude that allows you to succeed.

Todd4State
09-13-2015, 09:22 PM

I certainly question the coaching- especially the usage of personnel. I do not question the effort of our players though.

Todd4State
09-13-2015, 09:23 PM
What's funny is that we actually had a real starting NFL fullback on the team last year in Malcolm Johnson and didn't use a FB.

We don't really use a true FB. We hybrid H-backs that can function as TE's or FB. And Malcolm is a good one.

Smitty
09-13-2015, 09:28 PM
I certainly question the coaching- especially the usage of personnel. I do not question the effort of our players though.

100% talking about the lack of tuck and run on 15's part. Somebody is making that change from last year and logic says it's not Mullen.

Lumpy Chucklelips
09-13-2015, 09:36 PM

I can't understand why more people have not mentioned this. I agree that Shump isn't the answer at RB, but JRob wouldn't have fared much better last night. We were not nearly aggressive enough up front last night to run the ball. I do give them credit for improving the pass blocking in the second half.

Having said all of this, I think our OL got better last night simply by going up against a good defensive front. I hate the loss as much as anyone, but I'm proud of the way we continued to battle and fight the entire game. There was a time in the first qtr some past MSU teams would have packed it in. This team did not.

confucius say
09-13-2015, 09:49 PM
The black helicopters are strong in this thread.

And in retrospect, we all should have seen this new "pass first/run second" dak coming in June when it was obvious he had dropped 10-15 pounds.

Smitty
09-13-2015, 09:52 PM
The black helicopters are strong in this thread.

And in retrospect, we all should have seen this new "pass first/run second" dak coming in June when it was obvious he had dropped 10-15 pounds.

There is no run 2nd.

Just like there is no real read option as the handoff is guaranteed.

Dusted off the 2012 playbook for this season. Weak and finesse all around.