PDA

View Full Version : I know it's early, but what are you wanting to see us accomplish vs NW St?

CadaverDawg
09-13-2015, 06:25 PM
I want to see several things.

First off, I want to see us come out looking sharp. We haven't done that since before the Arkansas game last year. I want us to come out of the locker room ready to dominate. I want to see read option with Dak/Shump, Dak/Lee, Dak?Williams, Dak/Dear, and I want it to be an actual READ play, where if they collapse on the RB Dak runs it. I want to let all of these young running backs get a bunch off carries, and see who's the hungriest for carries. Who plays with a fire under their ass even against lowly NW St.

Second, I want to see some of these young playmakers make plays. Get the ball in the hands of Donald Gray. Get the ball in the hands of Myles, Dear, Jesse Jackson. Get these young guys touches so we can see if there's someone special in the group that needs to be playing NOW.

I want to see our Linebackers being aggressive and tackling well. I want to see guys like JT Gray on display early. And I want to finally see Peters and McLaurin in there at Safety making plays.

Blitz those guys and get some sacks and generate some damn fire. Enough of this playing on our heels and not showing anything but zone against shit teams. F That. I want us to go out and kick some ass...our players need that. Our players need a taste of what dominating feels like, becaus eit's hard to play soft against weak teams and then be asked to play mean against bad boys. We need to quit being sissies, and that includes against NW State. Beat their ass and take out some frustration.

For once, I want us to unleash our guys against a bad team like this. Let them have fun, play aggressive as hell, and display their talent and athleticism while padding their stats and putting on a show. Our players deserve it, and the confidence boost would probably do them some good, considering we haven't played very well as a team in a long damn time if you really think about it.

And I want to see TONS of young guys.

What about you guys, what are you hoping to see? What do you feel like we need to see?

msstate7
09-13-2015, 06:30 PM
I want to see us be physical on offense. Run game revival...

MadDawg
09-14-2015, 09:34 AM
Put the game away BEFORE the 4th quarter. If that's possible.

Coach007
09-14-2015, 09:43 AM
In this game, it needs to be over at the end of the 1st quarter. That's first.

Second, I want to see the offense we hired Dan for. No excuses for not playing it from down 1.

3rd, I want to see a lot of players used.

TaleofTwoDogs
09-14-2015, 10:10 AM
I have a feeling you guys will be disappointed this weekend. Nothing will change and we will struggle against NW St (not so much from what NW ST does but from what we don't do, if that makes sense). Not trying to be a Debbie Downer but simply going with our history. Hope I'm wrong.

starkvegasdawg
09-14-2015, 10:13 AM
I want to see Dak run more than two times a game and I want those two runs to be something other than up the middle on 3rd and 7.

SignalToNoise
09-14-2015, 10:14 AM
I know this is broad, but bring back the 2014 offense. Not sure what all changes need to be made with regards to personnel, blocking schemes, etc, but make it happen!

CadaverDawg
09-14-2015, 10:15 AM
I have a feeling you guys will be disappointed this weekend. Nothing will change and we will struggle against NW St (not so much from what NW ST does but from what we don't do, if that makes sense). Not trying to be a Debbie Downer but simply going with our history. Hope I'm wrong.

I agree. Mine was more of what I "wish" we could see, than what I think we'll see. We probably won't even see a lot of youth play Bc we won't put it away early enough. Hope we don't pull an Auburn

War Machine Dawg
09-14-2015, 10:16 AM
Run the ****ing football. Every play. I don't care if we only win by 1. We have GOT to get the ground game going.

Fresh blood. Ditch Shump and give the rock to Lee & Williams. More reps for Green, Harris, Bryant, Peters, McLaurin.

Do those two things, I'll be happy.

Drugdog
09-14-2015, 11:05 AM
Add to our list of recent big wins: Vandy Usm and NW State. Getting it done big time Dan.

Mjoelner34
09-14-2015, 11:28 AM
1. A LOT of Fitz and Staley. We already know what Dak can do (if he would just do it or be allowed to do it).
2. D. Lee to get the majority of carries.
3. G. Myles/ M. Dear on bubble screens.
4. Peters and McLaurin in at safety.