PDA

View Full Version : An outsiders observation from last night.

Jwyoung10
09-13-2015, 11:33 AM
I'll make it clear I'm a Rebel. Ban me if you want. I don't really care, but I just joined to have a friendly conversation from time to time. First of all, State was the better team last night and should have won. Dan Mullen handcuffed Dak last night by not allowing him to utilize his best weapon, which is his running ability. I understand his reasoning behind it. Dak took too many hits last season and it showed toward the end of the season. Also, it took three quarters to figure out all he had to do was spread LSU out and they couldn't stop the pass. Don't go jumping off the cliff. It's only one game. There's still plenty of time to rebound from last night.

Smitty
09-13-2015, 11:39 AM
Is it really Dan handcuffing Dak though? Is he really the one not tucking and running? Uh no, that would be Mr. "I wanna get nfl ready" Prescott.

msstate7
09-13-2015, 11:41 AM
Is it really Dan handcuffing Dak though? Is he really the one not tucking and running? Uh no, that would be Mr. "I wanna get nfl ready" Prescott.

I wonder this too. If it's Dak, he's messing up though.

Jwyoung10
09-13-2015, 11:43 AM
It could be that too. Look what he did to LSU last year. There's no reason he couldn't have played a similar game last night.

BeardoMSU
09-13-2015, 11:49 AM
It could be that too. Look what he did to LSU last year. There's no reason he couldn't have played a similar game last night.

Well, they had Beckwith spying on Dak the whole night, which certainly contained Dak and influenced his gives to the RB on those read-options. I would have still preferred to see more runs though. We totally abandoned it.

sleepy dawg
09-13-2015, 01:22 PM
Well, they had Beckwith spying on Dak the whole night, which certainly contained Dak and influenced his gives to the RB on those read-options. I would have still preferred to see more runs though. We totally abandoned it.

The only real success we had was when we totally abandoned the run. If anything, we didn't abandon it soon enough. Go with what works, not with what they're putting everything into to stop.

Martianlander
09-13-2015, 03:17 PM
Guys, I disagree. Our line couldn't block them. Dak had no more room to run than our running backs did. That's got to be fixed or we won't have many rushing yards this year. The second half the line did do a lot better job of pass blocking.
I hope it turns out that LSU's defense is a lot better than I think it is.

spudd21
09-13-2015, 03:38 PM
Guys, I disagree. Our line couldn't block them. Dak had no more room to run than our running backs did. That's got to be fixed or we won't have many rushing yards this year. The second half the line did do a lot better job of pass blocking.

Lsu has an elite d line. We showed that you can pass on their secondary. Not sure why we didn't go to earlier.

SDDawg
09-13-2015, 03:50 PM
I'll make it clear I'm a Rebel. Ban me if you want. I don't really care, but I just joined to have a friendly conversation from time to time. First of all, State was the better team last night and should have won. Dan Mullen handcuffed Dak last night by not allowing him to utilize his best weapon, which is his running ability. I understand his reasoning behind it. Dak took too many hits last season and it showed toward the end of the season. Also, it took three quarters to figure out all he had to do was spread LSU out and they couldn't stop the pass. Don't go jumping off the cliff. It's only one game. There's still plenty of time to rebound from last night.

**** YOU JOHNNY REB!!!!

I seen it dawg
09-13-2015, 04:27 PM
Ditto **** you cumstain. Ban you if we want? We make the rules here you ****ing asshat. Go suck a dick for money.

BulldogBear
09-13-2015, 04:27 PM

My beef isn't near as much with abandoning the run game as it is with abandoning the scramble. That's got nothing to do with the "run" game other than statistics. He clearly was told not to run or was unwilling to. Abandoning the run game when it wasn't there isn't the reason we weren't more productive late in the game on offense (other than dropped passes), it was refusing to take the rushing yards from the pocket when the Defense gave it.

Jack Lambert
09-13-2015, 06:46 PM
I always thought we were going to lose a few games this year. I thought Auburn was one of them not LSU. That just switched. I think we win the next two. then I will go from there. Also Arkansas sucks and I knew they were over rated.

Now my take on the game. Us not seeing what their new defense was going to be hurt. I mean not having any game film on them hurt us. We made good adjustments at half and got back into the game. NOt happy we lost but I don't feel as ****ed up as some of you.