PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to dick punch the next person that tells me that LSU has a great team...

HancockCountyDog
09-13-2015, 09:56 AM
That was a mediocre LSU team with a great RB. The fact that it took us a half to figure out that our OL was hot garbage and that we would have to throw to win the game was mind numbing.

LSU beat us while throwing the ball 13 times. We basically lost to a team that didn't care we put 10 in the ****ing box. LSU will get destroyed by teams that pressure them and spread them out and move the ball.

Also, the next person to defend Rufus Warren and our OL should be banned as a troll. That was a true freshman abusing our starting LT. Sure he is good, but Warren made him look like the next Lawrence Taylor.

Now we could still win 8-9 games this year, but I'm not going to ignore the fact that we got dominated up front by a young LSU team up front.

Going to bed didn't help my anger.

CadaverDawg
09-13-2015, 10:05 AM
Agree on all points.

LSU is exactly what they were last year. A one dimensional team with no QB. The difference is, we are NOT even close to what we were last year. No physicality, no run game, no blocking, no wrapping up, no coverage ability.....and worst of all, no QB run threat. Which means our coach is blowing it right now. Mullen better get back to the Dak offense where we find ways for him to get carries, or we will struggle like hell to win 6

Todd4State
09-13-2015, 10:13 AM
Agree on all points.

LSU is exactly what they were last year. A one dimensional team with no QB. The difference is, we are NOT even close to what we were last year. No physicality, no run game, no blocking, no wrapping up, no coverage ability.....and worst of all, no QB run threat. Which means our coach is blowing it right now. Mullen better get back to the Dak offense where we find ways for him to get carries, or we will struggle like hell to win 6

Now you see why I was flipping out last week. I'll say it again- if Dan gets his head out of his ass and plays some of the underclass men we will be fine.

People complain about Dan not running enough option- but we need a good running back to make it work too because otherwise people will just key in on Dak and either force him to give it up OR they'll just tee off on him.

Our priority this week HAS to be to find a running back and to get the younger players reps.

defiantdog
09-13-2015, 10:14 AM
LSU is a decent team, but they've always managed the game on talent alone. We ran the same vanilla offense that we ran against Southern Miss. Unfortunately, Shump isn't quick enough to be an every down back. But again, if LSU had any confidence in the passing game, they could have easily put 50 points against our secondary. Outside of Redmond and Calhoun, our secondary is garbage. Cleveland, Jiles, Coman, Market, and even Bryant are not playing at an SEC level. I might as well throw Jackson in there since he was covering receivers as well. That is going to get us in a lot of trouble. Honestly, I say put the freshmen in..... who cares about the redshirt. I don't see how McLaurin and Peters could do worse than our safeties right now. Next to Vanderbilt, we probably have the worst safeties in the SEC.

defiantdog
09-13-2015, 10:19 AM
Now you see why I was flipping out last week. I'll say it again- if Dan gets his head out of his ass and plays some of the underclass men we will be fine.

People complain about Dan not running enough option- but we need a good running back to make it work too because otherwise people will just key in on Dak and either force him to give it up OR they'll just tee off on him.

Our priority this week HAS to be to find a running back and to get the younger players reps.

Shump runs the option too slow..... he's never in front of Dak when he makes his stride. But I don't see another option to run the ball. Aeris looks like the game is too big for him at times, and Lee may be a reincarnation of Shump (we don't really know until he gets some meaningful snaps). I think we have a better chance running Dear out of the backfield..... hell, run Gray on a sweep. Lets show off his speed. Our guys look like they've just seen the playbook for the first time. Might as well get the younger guys out there if we're only going to run the same 10 plays all game.

msstate7
09-13-2015, 10:22 AM
Shump runs the option too slow..... he's never in front of Dak when he makes his stride. But I don't see another option to run the ball. Aeris looks like the game is too big for him at times, and Lee may be a reincarnation of Shump (we don't really know until he gets some meaningful snaps). I think we have a better chance running Dear out of the backfield..... hell, run Gray on a sweep. Lets show off his speed. Our guys look like they've just seen the playbook for the first time. Might as well get the younger guys out there if we're only going to run the same 10 plays all game.

Using Myles in the option game is a better option than shump

Todd4State
09-13-2015, 10:24 AM

I agree and I think Lee is probably our best hope to fix this.

BeardoMSU
09-13-2015, 10:28 AM
Agree on all points.

This^^^

I find it really interesting to see all the big talkers in the weeks leading up to this game shit on LSU. Ya know...."LSU will NOT outscore us" and shit...but now that we've lost, it's time for the "LSU is a really good team" and "they'll challenge for the west" mantra. That's some Nafoom level group-think shit right there.

CadaverDawg
09-13-2015, 10:29 AM
LSU is a decent team, but they've always managed the game on talent alone. We ran the same vanilla offense that we ran against Southern Miss. Unfortunately, Shump isn't quick enough to be an every down back. But again, if LSU had any confidence in the passing game, they could have easily put 50 points against our secondary. Outside of Redmond and Calhoun, our secondary is garbage. Cleveland, Jiles, Coman, Market, and even Bryant are not playing at an SEC level. I might as well throw Jackson in there since he was covering receivers as well. That is going to get us in a lot of trouble. Honestly, I say put the freshmen in..... who cares about the redshirt. I don't see how McLaurin and Peters could do worse than our safeties right now. Next to Vanderbilt, we probably have the worst safeties in the SEC.

I agree with this

defiantdog
09-13-2015, 10:33 AM
Using Myles in the option game is a better option than shump

Did Myles even touch the ball yesterday? What happen to our WR screens that would spread the defense and jet sweeps?

Todd4State
09-13-2015, 10:35 AM
This^^^

I find it really interesting to see all the big talkers in the weeks leading up to this game shit on LSU. Ya know...."LSU will NOT outscore us" and shit...but now that we've lost, it's time for the "LSU is a really good team" and "they'll challenge for the west" mantra. That's some Nafoom level group-think shit right there.

In fairness to them, I think they expected Dan to run Dak a lot more- which is not unreasonable since we are supposed to be a spread option team. I think most of them expected our personnel usage to be a little different as well- like more Lee.

I can't fault them for having common sense when Dan lacks it.

msstate7
09-13-2015, 10:38 AM
This^^^

I bet lsu fans said the same things about us before we played them last year. The lsu win was our coming out party last season and I think this was LSU's. Am I wrong? Maybe, but they'll be 7-0 headed into Tuscaloosa... Sound familiar?

BeardoMSU
09-13-2015, 10:50 AM
I bet lsu fans said the same things about us before we played them last year. The lsu win was our coming out party last season and I think this was LSU's. Am I wrong? Maybe, but they'll be 7-0 headed into Tuscaloosa... Sound familiar?

I get what you're saying. However, the difference between our coming out party last year and LSU last night is we were dominant last year. We looked like a great team, on both sides of the ball (outside of the 4th quarter defensive meltdown). LSU absolutely DID NOT look like a great team last night. They were totally one dimensional. They allowed us back in the game with a chance to win at the last second. This loss was more on us than them. We looked like soft Kleenex from the first play. I agree with you about our play calling being bullshit. Negative 19 rushing yards from Dak should never happen. Our game plan was total dog shit.

What I was mostly referring to in the previous post was our fans needing to sugar-coat every negative to make it look not as bad as it is. That type of mentality won't get shit fixed; if anything, it enables the problem, to the tune of "same ole, same ole". 17 that.

msstate7
09-13-2015, 10:58 AM
I get what you're saying. However, the difference between our coming out party last year and LSU last night is we were dominant last year. We looked like a great team, on both sides of the ball (outside of the 4th quarter defensive meltdown). LSU absolutely DID NOT look like a great team last night. They were totally one dimensional. They allowed us back in the game with a chance to win at the last second. This loss was more on us than them. We looked like soft Kleenex from the first play. I agree with you about our play calling being bullshit. Negative 19 rushing yards from Dak should never happen. Our game plan was total dog shit.

What I was mostly referring to in the previous post was our fans needing to sugar-coat every negative to make it look not as bad as it is. That type of mentality won't get shit fixed; if anything, it enables the problem, to the tune of "same ole, same ole". 17 that.

LSU's one dimensional offense could certainly be attributed to coaching IMO. Harris was 9/14 for 71 yards. Oh and we all love our receiving crew, well LSU's is better... A lot better IMO. As Harris earns his coaches' trust, lsu could be a force

DownwardDawg
09-13-2015, 01:13 PM
I saw two very average teams last night.

I seen it dawg
09-13-2015, 05:19 PM
Both teams last night will lose 3-4 games. I was wrong about us. Our head coach will not do what's necessary to take the fight to people like early last year. I can't understand it.

HancockCountyDog
09-13-2015, 05:34 PM
Both teams last night will lose 3-4 games. I was wrong about us. Our head coach will not do what's necessary to take the fight to people like early last year. I can't understand it.

I don't think he has the horses on the OL and we are missing some studs on defense as well, there are some bright spots, but overall we just don't have the horses to do what Mullen likes which is run the football. Where is Tyler Russell when you need him.

Smitty
09-13-2015, 05:43 PM

Our head coach's mentality permeates everything.

Scared. Deer in headlights. Soft.

jbjones
09-13-2015, 05:58 PM

You don't know shit about any of our coach's mentality. Until you prove you're on their staff, and spend day-to-day time with them, **** off. I'm sick of your "fire Cohen, his mentality..."; "fire Mullen, his mentality..". You're a disgrace.

You should donate to this foundation, Plant A Tree (https://www.arborday.org/). It'll help make up for the Oxygen that you're wasting.

civildawg
09-13-2015, 06:07 PM

I agree. We have a qb that fits his system to perfection. We win 10 games last year and now we don't let him do what he does best. Crazy

Noxdog
09-13-2015, 06:10 PM
You don't know shit about any of our coach's mentality. Until you prove you're on their staff, and spend day-to-day time with them, **** off. I'm sick of your "fire Cohen, his mentality..."; "fire Mullen, his mentality..". You're a disgrace.

You should donate this foundation, Plant A Tree (https://www.arborday.org/). It'll help make up for the Oxygen that you're wasting.

Lotta great opinions on the board today but that dipshit is unbearable. You are starting to see who has agendas and who doesn't. Overall glad the board has not melted down.
There is defined place for criticizing what happened last nite, so I will give mine. Way to conservative on play calling in the first half. Becoming a trend in big games. Dak had a good bit of green in front of him at times in the 2nd half. No runs. Him or Dan?
Does not matter but he has to run for us to be effective. These were plays that could have netted 15-20.

I saw us as a 8 win team before the season. I still do but aubie/tamu are critical. Gotta win at least one.