PDA

View Full Version : Now that we've actually played someone, would anyone want to change their season

Saltydog
09-13-2015, 08:36 AM
record predictions? I said 7-5 with 8-4 best case. I now think 7-5 is best case with 6-6 and 5-7 very plausible. Our OL is just horrible. No way I'm penciling in wins against La Tech, UK, Mizzou or Auburn until we can get something going with our running game.

msstate7
09-13-2015, 08:39 AM
I said 9-3 and I'm sticking with it.

Dawgface
09-13-2015, 08:40 AM
I said 8-4. Not impossible since AU and Arky look beatable even on the road. But 6-7 wins looks more likely.

EdDawg
09-13-2015, 08:43 AM
We play Arkansas in Fayetteville this year. They are 1-5 in war memorial since 2012. They can throw the ball, and with the exception of Redmond, we can't defend the pass. Who will cover Henry for us?

defiantdog
09-13-2015, 08:49 AM
We play Arkansas in Fayetteville this year. They are 1-5 in war memorial since 2012. They can throw the ball, and with the exception of Redmond, we can't defend the pass. Who will cover Henry for us?
Calhoun played a great game for us last night. Our problem is with Jackson and Cleveland covering. Not to mention our safeties get burned on every downfield route.

msstate7
09-13-2015, 08:51 AM
I said 8-4. Not impossible since AU and Arky look beatable even on the road. But 6-7 wins looks more likely.

Games I think we should win:
Nw st
Troy
LT
Kentucky
Mizzou
OM (we have to hold serve in egg)

Can we win any of this group?
Auburn
aTm
Alabama
Arkansas

I think we can, which should put us in the 8-9 win range.

I think our fanbase is severely under rating lsu. We got beat my a good team last night. In fact, I think lsu could win the west. After lsu plows auburn under this week, they'll be 2-0 in the sec and well on their way to entering the bama game 7-0.

Smitty
09-13-2015, 08:52 AM
5-7

Saltydog
09-13-2015, 08:54 AM
nt

msstate7
09-13-2015, 08:58 AM
Our oline improved dramatically from the 1st quarter to the 3rd quarter. I have faith in Hev. We now have a game to get things fixed before auburn.

While I'm not sold on shump in the least, I think he will look better as our oline gels. If Williams or lee take over as rb, even better. I still wanna see dear get some carries. Maybe even some option with Myles

EdDawg
09-13-2015, 08:59 AM
LSU is a one dimensional team. A physical team doesn't lose last night. A team that can come up and hit won't lose to LSU. We lost because we arm tackle and dive at everyone's feet. Fournette is a great back, but we made him look even better because we can't tackle.

msstate7
09-13-2015, 09:04 AM
LSU is a one dimensional team. A physical team doesn't lose last night. A team that can come up and hit won't lose to LSU. We lost because we arm tackle and dive at everyone's feet. Fournette is a great back, but we made him look even better because we can't tackle.

Yeah, LF is a great back bc he breaks tackles. Watch what LF does to auburn this week... He'll do it all year

Saltydog
09-13-2015, 09:06 AM
nt

HancockCountyDog
09-13-2015, 09:06 AM
record predictions? I said 7-5 with 8-4 best case. I now think 7-5 is best case with 6-6 and 5-7 very plausible. Our OL is just horrible. No way I'm penciling in wins against La Tech, UK, Mizzou or Auburn until we can get something going with our running game.

We just to a team that didn't utilize a QB at home. I'm not sure what I think at this point. That was not a good team.

Saltydog
09-13-2015, 09:13 AM
Plus, we were lucky to still be in it at the end anyway. Had it not been for a couple of untimely penalties on LSU we wouldn't even be discussing Bell's kick.

msstate7
09-13-2015, 09:16 AM
Plus, we were lucky to still be in it at the end anyway. Had it not been for a couple of untimely penalties on LSU we wouldn't even be discussing Bell's kick.

And if we didn't have a defensive holding on LSU's first td drive, we might not have needed that fg to win it. We had them stopped. See how that works?

HSVDawg
09-13-2015, 09:20 AM

We are playing Arkansas in Fayetteville this year. Even after what they looked like yesterday, that game is not going to be easy. They are a horrible match up for us and it falls at a terrible time on the schedule. Alex Collins has to be licking his chops after seeing that performance.

Dawgology
09-13-2015, 09:21 AM

It's going to hurt folks feelings but, while fournette is great, LSU is not a great team and will probably finish 2nd or 3rd in the west. We will be LUCKY to win 7 this year. Probably only about 6 though if the ball bounces the right way. I mainly feel bad for Dak. His draft stock will plummet with the way Dan has him playing.

msstate7
09-13-2015, 09:24 AM
We are playing Arkansas in Fayetteville this year. Even after what they looked like yesterday, that game is not going to be easy. I'm not sure if you saw the game last night but they are a horrible match up for us and it falls at a terrible time on the schedule. Alex Collins has to be licking his chops after seeing that performance.

Toledo qb threw for 237. Dak and our receivers probably licking their chops too

HSVDawg
09-13-2015, 09:28 AM
It's going to hurt folks feelings but, while fournette is great, LSU is not a great team and will probably finish 2nd or 3rd in the west. We will be LUCKY to win 7 this year. Probably only about 6 though if the ball bounces the right way. I mainly feel bad for Dak. His draft stock will plummet with the way Dan has him playing.

Agreed. Before the season I predicted LSU to finish last in the West and I didn't see anything last night that made me feel like that was unfounded. We all knew their gameplan was to feed Fournette and we still couldn't contain it at all. I still think LSU finishes in the bottom half of the division. Teams like Bama and Ole Miss who have a good front 7 will be able to keep them in check. All this talk about LSU playing for the NC is pure horseshit.

Dawgology
09-13-2015, 09:29 AM
Toledo qb threw for 237. Dak and our receivers probably licking their chops too

I've seen more dropped catches in these first two games than I did the entirety of last season. That is a real problem that can't be corrected in a couple of weeks. Did we get a new WR coach? What's going on with that?

IMissJack
09-13-2015, 09:33 AM
Based on what I have seen, best team in SEC I have seen is A&M. We have to recruit better, and from outside MS some.

Churchill

Have you seriously even considered penciling in a win against Auburn at Auburn ?

msstate7
I've seen more dropped catches in these first two games than I did the entirety of last season. That is a real problem that can't be corrected in a couple of weeks. Did we get a new WR coach? What's going on with that?

Ross -- 9 catches for 66
Walley -- 7 catches for 67
Brown -- 3 catches for 53
Shump -- 3 catches for 37

We've got more than bear in the passing game

Dawgology
09-13-2015, 09:40 AM
Ross -- 9 catches for 66
Walley -- 7 catches for 67
Brown -- 3 catches for 53
Shump -- 3 catches for 37

We've got more than bear in the passing game

My issue isn't with the passes we do make but more the passes that are dropped. I don't know if it's Dak putting it in a bad spot or WR's/RB's just not prepared to catch the ball and follow through but we had four pretty big drops last night. That's not something that I would say about last years team...and Dak is throwing to a lot of the same guys....

Saltydog
09-13-2015, 09:44 AM
However, there were/are some licking their chops after watching Auburn yesterday. Even so, we'll be lucky to win down at their place. History is not on our side down there at their place, no matter how bad they might be.

Maroonthirteen
09-13-2015, 12:07 PM
When lsu went up 14, Miles went conservative. I don't think we have really seen LSUs passing game. But what I did see in a few attempts, was a QB that was on the money and big fast receivers. Who knows if LSU will finished 1 or 4 in the west but if y'all want to make predictions based on yesterday, LSU had the best win of all the SECw teams.

PassInterference
09-13-2015, 12:10 PM
Stat of the game is 43 yards rushing.

Blunder of the game is almost no rushing attempts from Dak.