PDA

View Full Version : So Dan wanted us to "catch our breath"

Todd4State
09-13-2015, 04:10 AM
Right before the delay of game penalty? Hence why it took so long to get the play in? How the holy hell do we find the coaches that completely lack common sense?

That's the most Croom thing I have ever heard since 2008.

Tbonewannabe
09-13-2015, 04:15 AM
We had the defense on their heels but we stopped to take a breath? For the love of God why?

Dawgface
09-13-2015, 06:56 AM
Just a BS response by Mullen. He's never been a good time manager before the end of the half and we found out the same holds true at the end.

EnterpriseDawg
09-13-2015, 07:19 AM
He also said that Bell would have kicked it had we not had that penalty. So the result would have remained the same. Bell is just awful as a place kicker.

EdDawg
09-13-2015, 08:32 AM
So Dan is either dumb as a brick or is straight up lying to the fans.

Hey Dan, even if you did want your offense to catch their breath, that means the defense is worn out more, because they are having to work harder to get to Dak. That's why you get up to the line and run it up the middle and get 3 yards.

Todd4State
09-13-2015, 09:11 AM
He also said that Bell would have kicked it had we not had that penalty. So the result would have remained the same. Bell is just awful as a place kicker.

I saw that too. I definitely would have gone with Graves from 46. Not sure about 51, but I would rather roll the dice with Graves from that distance personally.

IMissJack
09-13-2015, 09:37 AM
I saw that too. I definitely would have gone with Graves from 46. Not sure about 51, but I would rather roll the dice with Graves from that distance personally.

And we were.against the wind.

Todd4State
09-13-2015, 09:51 AM
And we were.against the wind.

STILL like my chances with Graves.

scottycameron
09-13-2015, 11:11 AM
can Dak not read a f'in play clock? Geez, man. 5…4…3…2..1… Just sat back there like a DA and let it run down to zero. At that spot on the field…in that situation? you CAN NOT take a delay of game penalty!!!!!!! That ended the game! I literally could not believe what I was watching. I still can't.

msstate7
09-13-2015, 11:14 AM
Thought Dak should've threw the ball away instead of scrambling the play or 2 before too. Can't take so long in that situation

scottycameron
09-13-2015, 11:20 AM
Thought Dak should've threw the ball away instead of scrambling the play or 2 before too. Can't take so long in that situation

yeah that too, it was a clock burner, and the biggest thing at that point was seconds on the clock. We needed to save the 5 yards (delay) and we needed one more play to run. We threw both of them away. Les Miles is one lucky son of a gun. This was eerily similar to the way the beat OM last year.

Liverpooldawg
09-13-2015, 12:22 PM
Dan didn't try to dodge the blame for that. In the postgame interview with Jim he said that was all on him.

Pinto
09-13-2015, 12:32 PM
Before that we were lined up to punt, the ref whistled the ball ready to play, LSU had their whole team on the sideline. All we had to do was snap the ball and run right along our sideline for a TD. We stood around and waited for them to lineup. LSU noticed and called a time out. How in the hell do our coaches not watch the game and prep players for fast play and snap. Our whole section was yelling to snap the ball.

Also with 10 mins to go in the 2nd qtr we only had 35 yards of offense. Ray Charles could see we needed to do something different. We have an incompetent coaching staff.

Really Clark?
09-13-2015, 12:44 PM
Dan didn't try to dodge the blame for that. In the postgame interview with Jim he said that was all on him.

And even if it was not all on him I respect him taking the responsibility instead of throwing the player under the bus like a certain other coach in this state would do.