PDA

View Full Version : Not jumping ship just yet

msstate7
09-13-2015, 02:14 AM
We've backed ourselves in a corner now though... We have to beat auburn. I think lsu beats up on auburn this week physically, so we should have a good shot at getting a win.

Our passing game is fine, but the running game needs work. I think lsu had something to do with our running struggles too though.

Our defense was pushed around some tonight, but I think we saw best rb we'll see all year tonight. Our guys stopped LF on that last drive to get us the ball back... That was a huge stop against a very good rb.

I know this loss sucked, but we can rebound from this. Will we? Who knows?

HSVDawg
09-13-2015, 02:25 AM
Whats your definition of "jumping ship"? As far as this season goes, we were never going to not make a bowl game so its not like we are transporting back to the Croom era or anything. But at the same time winning the west is already out the door, so I think thats what a lot of people are pissed about. We may still be able to pull out a 7-5 or an 8-4 but at this point with this team that we all thought we had, who gives a shit? Its not as much jumping ship as it is that the ship has already sailed.

This LSU team we lost to is not that good. They have one elite RB, a decent DL, and some WR's and thats pretty much it. We lost a game tonight that we had no excuse to lose and honestly I think its going to be hard for us to recover from it for the rest of the year. But I hope we do.

Statefan
09-13-2015, 07:46 AM
The west is pretty much split into two tiers:

Ole Miss
Alabama
Texas A&M

Mississippi State
Auburn
Arkansas

Gotta beat the teams on our level and upset 1 of the better teams plus win against Kentucky and Mizzou for me to be pleased with the season. Gonna be tough unless we get a lot better

Cabo32
09-13-2015, 08:57 AM
We've backed ourselves in a corner now though... We have to beat auburn. I think lsu beats up on auburn this week physically, so we should have a good shot at getting a win.

Our passing game is fine, but the running game needs work. I think lsu had something to do with our running struggles too though.

Our defense was pushed around some tonight, but I think we saw best rb we'll see all year tonight. Our guys stopped LF on that last drive to get us the ball back... That was a huge stop against a very good rb.

Are you kidding?!??!?? The season is over..didn't you read all those clear minded posts last night*****

In reality this team has to make some adjustments..tackling, secondary, and running the ball have not been an issue for us over the past few years. Gotta make some adjustments...

Still a long way to go this season...and several sec teams proved yesterday that anything can happen

BulldogBear
09-13-2015, 09:38 AM
The west is pretty much split into two tiers:

Ole Miss
Alabama
Texas A&M

Mississippi State
Auburn
Arkansas

Gotta beat the teams on our level and upset 1 of the better teams plus win against Kentucky and Mizzou for me to be pleased with the season. Gonna be tough unless we get a lot better

I'm still not ready to put Ole Miss and TAMU up there yet.

After sleeping on it I don't feel much better, but I also don't think we're totally out of it. We'll have a decent chance to beat Auburn. Despite last night, it's not out of the question to sort find our way into Mizzou with only one loss. Then maybe you start to dream again depending on what else is going on.

Statefan
09-13-2015, 09:43 AM
I'm still not ready to put Ole Miss and TAMU up there yet.

After sleeping on it I don't feel much better, but I also don't think we're totally out of it. We'll have a decent chance to beat Auburn. Despite last night, it's not out of the question to sort find our way into Mizzou with only one loss. Then maybe you start to dream again depending on what else is going on.

I will be ecstatic if we go through the first five games and are 4-1. That was true before last night and still is. We just may have to do it the hard way and win 2 big road games

Auburn had some injury problems yesterday, and their game against LSU will be interesting

We will know much more about TA&M after they play Arkansas this weekend. Miles Garret vs Rufus Warren is going to be a nightmare

defiantdog
09-13-2015, 10:04 AM

If we can't learn to run the ball successfully, we won't win any big game. I understand LSU has an NFL front 7, but that doesn't mean we can't break one outside of 8 yards. If we don't find someone who can run the ball to the next level then we're in for a long season. We're not like OM, we can't throw the ball 60 times a game. Dak had 52 pass attempts to Harris' 14. Their leading rusher had 29 carries for 129 yards while ours was Holloway with 5 carries for 37 yards. Our one bright spot in stats was Wilson hauling in 8 catches for 86 yards. Dak had 9 yards rushing as well. Without the run, we'll lose quite a few more games. We need to figure it out, and Holloway is no the answer. I still can't believe we had him in their at 150 lbs trying to block their DL. That doesn't make since at all.