PDA

View Full Version : I am so sick of Dan's incompetencies

Smitty
09-13-2015, 12:22 AM
Its almost to the point of hoping he moves on.. He is what he is and he will never take us to the land of milk and honey.

The same stupid shit. The same LACK of a coherent game plan. The same FAILURES in big spots?

How bad could Hud be

ShotgunDawg
09-13-2015, 12:31 AM
He certainly has some short comings, but I appreciate him & what he does well. There is no perfect coach, particularly when most of the games he plays are against teams with more overall talent.

Ask Tennessee how bad Dooley could be or ask USM how bad whoever followed Bauer could be, or ask Ole Miss how bad Orgeron could be.

Dan has his short comings, but IMO the good things far outweigh the bad. We have a chance to win every game we play. Sometimes we do, sometimes we don't

Statefan
09-13-2015, 12:34 AM
Hell I thought Les Miles was the one notorious for poor clock management

Dawgface
09-13-2015, 12:37 AM

Dan made Miles look a little better in that dept.

Todd4State
09-13-2015, 12:37 AM

Dan is a poor mans Les Miles.

Smitty
09-13-2015, 12:42 AM
Once again, another chapter in the most ****ed over, raked over the coals, spat upon, tortured fan base this nation has ever seen.

Lifes a bitch rooting for the maron and whit

BossDawg
09-13-2015, 02:02 AM
I wish Dan would start sweet talking some of these big time recruits instead of telling it like it is. That's one thing I wish he would change. It wouldn't hurt to have a couple of egotistical superstars on the team.

mstatefan91
09-13-2015, 02:15 AM
My biggest complaint of Dan is that he refuses to play the younger talent due to seniority. That's about it. I think Peters and McLaurin would have a good impact this year in the secondary, but I doubt we see them. Same goes for Lee/Williams at RB. They couldn't be any worse than Shump at finding a hole..

That said, quit pumping Hud everytime we lose. Something that we didn't see until Dan showed up is that the team refuses to quit even when things aren't going well.

This team never quit, never believed they were out of it, and played its ass off to give us a chance to win. Growing up an MSU fan, that is refreshing.

In the past, we would have quit after going down two scores early in the game. This team kept fighting. That's what Dan brings, and I appreciate him for it.

DancingRabbit
09-13-2015, 02:17 AM
He's the best coach we've ever had in my lifetime. And I'm an old SOB. Fuk off with your Hud bullshit.

mstatefan91
09-13-2015, 02:22 AM
He's the best coach we've ever had in my lifetime. And I'm an old SOB. Fuk off with your Hud bullshit.

Glad that someone else feels this way. It's nothing against Hud, but Dan has brought an excitement that has never been experienced before at MSU.. that's the truth.

Bothrops
09-13-2015, 02:26 AM
Dan has got to recruit better to be able to bounce back faster after a good season. We also desperately need to start expanding our recruiting territory for offensive lineman. MS doesn't produce shit. I wish we had a line in midwest.

HSVDawg
09-13-2015, 02:50 AM
I'm as pissed at the next guy about tonight, but that Hud shit is comical. When has Hud ever even beaten a Power 5 team? Or won his conference? Or done anything of note that suggests he could win 9-10 games a year in the SEC when he has never won more than 8 in the damn Sun Belt? Because if you're talking about firing Mullen right now thats exactly what your expectations have to be for his replacement to be better than the status quo.

Liverpooldawg
09-13-2015, 03:02 AM
Glad that someone else feels this way. It's nothing against Hud, but Dan has brought an excitement that has never been experienced before at MSU.. that's the truth.

You are far from the only one. Dan is at least the second best coach we have ever had. He might be the best, because it was a different world when Allyn McKeen was coaching.

msstate7
09-13-2015, 03:28 AM
I'm as pissed at the next guy about tonight, but that Hud shit is comical. When has Hud ever even beaten a Power 5 team? Or won his conference? Or done anything of note that suggests he could win 9-10 games a year in the SEC when he has never won more than 8 in the damn Sun Belt? .

Not wanting hud, but he's won 9 games every year he's been at ull.

GreenheadDawg
09-13-2015, 08:21 AM
Dan has got to recruit better to be able to bounce back faster after a good season. We also desperately need to start expanding our recruiting territory for offensive lineman. MS doesn't produce shit. I wish we had a line in midwest.

If you're a big time recruit do you want to come sit the bench for a horrible player like Jackson or Cleveland to play in front of you because they are good "team guys". No. Last year was our ceiling because the developmental guys we recruit don't always develop. But suggesting we get Hud is stupid. Dan may be a mediocre coach but he's the best we have ever had and football could be a whole lot worse, I think we all remember those days

bulldawg28
09-13-2015, 09:08 AM
If you're a big time recruit do you want to come sit the bench for a horrible player like Jackson or Cleveland to play in front of you because they are good "team guys". No. Last year was our ceiling because the developmental guys we recruit don't always develop. But suggesting we get Hud is stupid. Dan may be a mediocre coach but he's the best we have ever had and football could be a whole lot worse, I think we all remember those days

I agree with the concern. No big time player is going to come to sit when he can play immediately somewhere else. This needs to change soon before teams realize and use against us.

Political Hack
09-13-2015, 09:10 AM

Yep.

Smitty
09-13-2015, 09:19 AM

Same can be said for Cohen. High levels of excitement. New stadium. Woo-hoo! If we have a repeat of last season he's gone.

Nobody is above the program. We aren't maximizing our potential. We are seemingly handcuffing the team to make one player fit someone else's model of a QB.