PDA

View Full Version : I hate to do this, but how do you stop UMiss' offense?

BossDawg
09-12-2015, 06:19 PM
Let's hear it....I know they aren't THAT damn talented on that side of the ball. Are they just opening random pages using their entire playbook?

Smitty
09-12-2015, 06:20 PM
Watch the Peach Bowl film

DownwardDawg
09-12-2015, 06:22 PM
I know they're playing high school teams, but they look great. Kelley looks legit.

ScottH
09-12-2015, 06:23 PM
Watch the Peach Bowl film

And have something approaching Power 5 talent.

Not lower tier Mountain West and whatever division the Skyhawks are talent.

SDDawg
09-12-2015, 06:31 PM
OM has shown everything at this point. They shot their wad too early, which is typical for them.

BulldogBear
09-12-2015, 06:34 PM
OM has shown everything at this point. They shot their wad too early, which is typical for them.

Too proud to just win and show nothing. Gotta show off. With that said, Engram has been little used so I wonder if there's a wrinkle waiting there.

CadaverDawg
09-12-2015, 06:35 PM
First off, being within 10 yards of their receivers on standard routes, is a must.**

UT Martin and Fresno had no defense, and instead of working on their ground game and trying to fine tune things, Hugh decided instead to just abuse them through the air and look flashy to grab headlines and recruits.

No doubt Ole Miss is good, but I am anxious to see them vs Bama's D

DownwardDawg
09-12-2015, 06:42 PM
First off, being within 10 yards of their receivers on standard routes, is a must.**

UT Martin and Fresno had no defense, and instead of working on their ground game and trying to fine tune things, Hugh decided instead to just abuse them through the air and look flashy to grab headlines and recruits.

No doubt Ole Miss is good, but I am anxious to see them vs Bama's D

I think Bama is going to physically abuse them.

cheewgumm
09-12-2015, 07:09 PM
You're righ Smitty... If this is not copied it's coaching malpractice

GreenheadDawg
09-12-2015, 07:18 PM
I'm hoping bama exposes them but they do far they look the best in the SEC. I may move to Canada if they win the west. It would be unbearable

TopDog58
09-12-2015, 07:26 PM
I'm hoping bama exposes them but they do far they look the best in the SEC. I may move to Canada if they win the west. It would be unbearable

Best in the SEC? Theyve played a junior high and a pewee rec team. Lets not go overboard

Smitty
09-12-2015, 07:27 PM

They still wouldn't have a Final 4**

Cabo32
09-12-2015, 07:32 PM
They have a QB that can throw the ball downfield. Something they haven't had. Still not much of a run game. Gotta see how kelly reacts once he's been rattled. Honestly, I don't think it's going to matter next week if tunsil isn't playing

smootness

This. They always do this. They open up their entire playbook, run everything against schools like this, and light up the scoreboard. They're just doing it even more so far this year.

There's no doubt they have the potential to be a very good team and have looked good so far. And there's no doubt they have serious talent. But we haven't learned anything about them yet that we didn't already know.

There are several teams over the last few years we could have hung 70 on if we had wanted to. That's not what we do, and I don't say mean that as a negative toward them. Just different goals in games like that.

Bothrops
I know they're playing high school teams, but they look great. Kelley looks legit.

Kelly is legit. Looks a lot better than Wallace. Better arm no doubt. If they have a fast start next week, Bama could be in trouble.

smootness
09-12-2015, 07:37 PM
To further the point, in 2012 Oklahoma put up 69 on Florida A&M, then scored 19 in their next game against Kansas State. They put up 63 on Texas, then 13 on ND two weeks later. They also got stomped in the Cotton Bowl by Texas A&M.

Also, OM put up 56 on ULL last year while Wallace went 23-28 for 316 and 4 TD.

TUSK
09-12-2015, 07:52 PM
I'll try...

CadaverDawg
09-12-2015, 07:54 PM
I'll try...

I've never wanted your Bammer ass to be right so bad

GreenheadDawg
09-12-2015, 07:54 PM
Best in the SEC? Theyve played a junior high and a pewee rec team. Lets not go overboard

I didn't say anything about who anybody played.. They have looked the best regardless of who they played. Auburn almost got beat by JSU and bama looked average today. So who else has looked better? I hope they crash and burn as much as the next guy but I also live in reality and they are good

Treemydawg
09-12-2015, 07:55 PM
To further the point, in 2012 Oklahoma put up 69 on Florida A&M, then scored 19 in their next game against Kansas State. They put up 63 on Texas, then 13 on ND two weeks later. They also got stomped in the Cotton Bowl by Texas A&M.

Also, OM put up 56 on ULL last year while Wallace went 23-28 for 316 and 4 TD.

So, you're saying bama has a chance. I can roll with that.

defiantdog
09-12-2015, 07:56 PM
I'm pretty sure they'll look different when they play a team that actually has a gameplan instead of going in for the paycheck.

blacklistedbully
09-12-2015, 08:11 PM
I didn't say anything about who anybody played.. They have looked the best regardless of who they played. Auburn almost got beat by JSU and bama looked average today. So who else has looked better? I hope they crash and burn as much as the next guy but I also live in reality and they are good

Well of course it matters who they play. USM won 52-6 today. Does that make them a great team now?

JScottDova
09-12-2015, 11:36 PM
Their offense is legit. The defense though....Ole Miss won't score every time starting in Tuscaloosa. And they still can't stop the run.

TimberBeast
09-13-2015, 12:07 AM
They are building stats for recruiting purposes, nothing more. You have to remember that some of the guys they recruit don't have enough sense to look at who they built those stats against.

somebodyshotmypaw
09-13-2015, 08:01 AM
They are building stats for recruiting purposes, nothing more. You have to remember that some of the guys they recruit don't have enough sense to look at who they built those stats against.

There is some truth to this.

Dawgface
09-13-2015, 08:10 AM
There is some truth to this.

Whatever they are doing its working. Their class is 7th and ours 31st according to espn's rankings.

http://insider.espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/classrankings