PDA

View Full Version : Eradicating 9 year old free Maroon t-shirts is all that matters

FlabLoser
07-19-2013, 09:32 AM
http://www.reflector-online.com/polopoly_fs/1.1782706!/image/1416510692.gif

vhdawg counted a handful of these in the crowd last at the Extravaganza. This damn shirt is a 9 year old representative of the worst era in MSU football history.

Is the fact that this t-shirt was free the reason that it is so prevalent after all this time. It occurred to me that we've not done free t-shirts at a football game since that time.

Maybe we need to get on another t-shit giveaway. Maybe have a trade-in program.

HereComesTheSpiral
07-19-2013, 09:36 AM
Guess most people don't change their own oil, that shirt became the best oil rags I've ever owned.

hometowndawg
07-19-2013, 09:37 AM
Found a "Maroon is all that matters" shirt while I was moving last weeks. Needless to say that thing is gone now. Threw it in with the rubbish.

Saw several to many of those shirts in Omaha too. I just wanted to go buy those poor souls new shirts.

sethjoh
07-19-2013, 10:54 AM
I still have mine hanging in the closet. I should throw it away but it serves as a reminder when I get frustrated with Mississippi State sports that it could be worse.

Ghost of Hank Flick
07-19-2013, 11:07 AM
Yeah we need Adidas to sponsor a t-shirt exchange. If you bring in your "maroon is all that matters" t-shirt then you get a free up-to-date t-shirt. Then we can have a bonfire.

Goat Holder
07-19-2013, 11:31 AM
I don't see the issue here. At least we are associated with a piece of history. And that shirt doesn't have to be about Croom.

maroonmania
07-19-2013, 12:10 PM
I don't see the issue here. At least we are associated with a piece of history. And that shirt doesn't have to be about Croom.

I agree, of all the things as MSU fans we have to worry about, I would say seeing another MSU fan wearing a "Maroon is all that matters" T-shirt is at the very bottom of the list.

MSUDawg4Life
07-19-2013, 12:14 PM
It's definitely not representative of "the worst era in MSU football history". There have been plenty of periods that have been just as bad or much worse.

Drewbowski
07-19-2013, 12:19 PM
Its more proof that we as Mississippians are resistant to change. You are free to wear your free T-shirt but what that says about you is even worse. To me, it says you are too stupid to recognize the darkest period in M-State history and too damn cheap to shell out the 10 or 15 bucks for a better Tee. I sport my collection of 30-50 year old MSU apparel with pride but my "Maroon is all that matters" shirt was shredded a long time ago.