PDA

View Full Version : Targeting call bullshit

Smitty
09-11-2015, 08:13 PM
Utah State just got hosed. When a player is airborne he can't help if someone else happens to come into contact head to head. It was obvious the defender was trying to turn his head to avoid H2H contact.

I ****ing hate that bullshit. Call it when it's deliberate but many of those calls are completely unfair and not the intent of the rule.

BulldogBear
09-11-2015, 08:21 PM
I see I'm not the only one watching. The problem I have with it is that it may not often accomplish it's purpose. It's not going to stop unintentional targeting which is what most of it is. It really needs to be very very bad and blatant in my opinion.

GreenheadDawg
09-11-2015, 08:29 PM
Yeh that was bullshit. It was clear the guy was not going high. The receiver was just falling down at the same time

Smitty
09-12-2015, 01:05 PM
Another bullshit call in the FSU-USF game against USF.. ****ing insane, this is not football. I would be Joey Votto rage level if I was kicked out of a game on that shit.

BulldogBear
09-12-2015, 01:15 PM
Another bullshit call in the FSU-USF game against USF.. ****ing insane, this is not football. I would be Joey Votto rage level if I was kicked out of a game on that shit.

You missed a good one in Auburn game. The guy clearly wraps up, just trying to make the tackle. H2H contact incidental.

scottycameron
09-12-2015, 01:21 PM
pussification of college football. I'm surprised there are as many games going on as there is, I thought there was supposed to be a lot of rain out there today. It looked awful cloudy and wet at FSU I was waiting for them to call it.

Smitty
09-12-2015, 02:08 PM
Last play of the FSU game, clean hard hit in the chest… Targeting.

This ****ing shit has to stop!

ETA they waved it off after review but the "hard hit throw flag" shit has to end

Schultzy
09-12-2015, 04:27 PM
You missed a good one in Auburn game. The guy clearly wraps up, just trying to make the tackle. H2H contact incidental.

Yeah, that was bad and it looked liked the runner slid late and the Auburn tackler did all he could to prevent contact, it was actually the tacklers ear hole that made contact.

The refs have obviously been told to err greatly on the side of precaution. We def gon lose some guys for a half this year.

Smitty
09-12-2015, 04:45 PM
Common sense is thrown out the window. Severely unfair to those who get thrown out. Just because helmets happen to hit does not mean someone launched headfirst at a defenseless receiver.

Smitty
09-12-2015, 04:50 PM
Now THERE is a legit targeting call against Ole Miss of course.

THAT is the shit that has no place in football.