PDA

View Full Version : Good grief - CA Article on the Air Force Cadet Color Guard being dumped....

Dawgowar
09-11-2015, 07:46 PM
http://www.cdispatch.com/news/article.asp?aid=44618

For the record there is no DoD regulation requiring a State Flag be flown with the American Flag - none. So I concur this has zero to due with the State Flag vote. An air Force color Guard could easily carry the US Air Force Flag and the American flag and be doing so correctly. State flags are carried as a courtesy to the state. Same way the ceremonial units in DC carry another nations flag when a head of state visits. I emphasize again I believe their explanation on that one.

Now - MSU has a long history of having a Corp of Cadets. This tradition honored our heritage.

Someone has decided that four cadets marching to the middle of the field takes longer than our crap-tastic band to play 'Grand Ol' Flag' and then have us all look at the big video board while they play the anthem. How can a color guard slow down the pregame? More likely it is a TV or a marketing issue being delayed - we need real answers on this not @sidsalter's spin.

Anyone have an idea what official at the university would be responsible for this Marxist-Lenin decision?

Anyone know a current air force cadet who could pass us some info on what they were told?

Former grunt getting warmed up - futile anger perhaps, but this is just a bad decision. Piss poor.

TUSK
09-11-2015, 07:51 PM
http://www.cdispatch.com/news/article.asp?aid=44618

For the record there is no DoD regulation requiring a State Flag be flown with the American Flag - none. So I concur this has zero to due with the State Flag vote. An air Force color Guard could easily carry the US Air Force Flag and the American flag and be doing so correctly. State flags are carried as a courtesy to the state. Same way the ceremonial units in DC carry another nations flag when a head of state visits. I emphasize again I believe their explanation on that one.

Now - MSU has a long history of having a Corp of Cadets. This tradition honored our heritage.

Someone has decided that four cadets marching to the middle of the field takes longer than our crap-tastic band to play 'Grand Ol' Flag' and then have us all look at the big video board while they play the anthem. How can a color guard slow down the pregame? More likely it is a TV or a marketing issue being delayed - we need real answers on this not @sidsalter's spin.

Anyone have an idea what official at the university would be responsible for this Marxist-Lenin decision?

Anyone know a current air force cadet who could pass us some info on what they were told?

Former grunt getting warmed up - futile anger perhaps, but this is just a bad decision. Piss poor.

a "dog face", I take it???

Dawgowar
09-11-2015, 07:55 PM
Woof Woof Airborne!

Quaoarsking
09-11-2015, 07:59 PM
You lost me at Marxist-Leninist. If our administration leaned that way, we'd have a much longer, bombastic, over-the-top show at the beginning. There would be way more flags and way more fanfare.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp9f03GUk04
Gotta love commies and their parades.

Anyhow, some people want to peddle a conspiracy theory that this is all over the state flag. Who knows, but I believe the Administration went they say it isn't. If you don't trust MSU to be honest, feel free to find another, more trustworthy school to follow.

Also, you really hurt your own argument with a cheapshit on the Famous Maroon Band, which is every bit the tradition that the ROTC is.

TUSK
09-11-2015, 08:04 PM
Woof Woof Airborne!

nice.

Semper Fi!

Dawgowar
09-11-2015, 08:22 PM
You lost me at Marxist-Leninist. If our administration leaned that way, we'd have a much longer, bombastic, over-the-top show at the beginning. There would be way more flags and way more fanfare.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp9f03GUk04
Gotta love commies and their parades.

Anyhow, some people want to peddle a conspiracy theory that this is all over the state flag. Who knows, but I believe the Administration went they say it isn't. If you don't trust MSU to be honest, feel free to find another, more trustworthy school to follow.

Also, you really hurt your own argument with a cheapshit on the Famous Maroon Band, which is every bit the tradition that the ROTC is.

Stated clearly this had nothing to do with the State Flag. Read the article. Salter stated that the slowdown of the pregame was the culprit. Hence, using logic some MSU entity looked at the list of time stealing pregame activities and decided, while giving the MSU band a bigger role, that the cadets marching with the colors was too much. The proverbial straw that broke the pregame camels back.

As for the Marxist-Lenin - --- its called sarcasm. I frequently use it. However, in response to your trolling, given I have seen several of those commie parades in person I am well versed in their over the top nature. Which brings me to the Famous Maroon band.

What is the difference between the Famous Maroon Band and a communist army band circa the 1970's or 80's? The commie band played music more current to today, didn't march in khakis, and didn't deploy fat flag bearers. The only thing the famous maroon band does well is play Hail State and the Anthem. Never has been known as a top tier show band. Mind you, I appreciate their playing those two songs well, but they are stale. Have been for as long as I can remember. Still, as you state they are a tradition that appeals to others so I respect their presence and would protest a decision to remove them.

But one final reminder - that band would not have been there is there had not been a Corps of Cadets in the first place.

Dawgowar
09-11-2015, 08:25 PM
nice.

Semper Fi!

Dang Tusk, a few more points in your favor. Army grunt. They said you want to be a Captain? I said Yes. They said "Good, you are going to Intelligence." My Infantry time in Berlin before the wall fell rocked. Fun city to be single and just out of college.

TUSK
09-11-2015, 08:29 PM
Dang Tusk, a few more points in your favor. Army grunt. They said you want to be a Captain? I said Yes. They said "Good, you are going to Intelligence." My Infantry time in Berlin before the wall fell rocked. Fun city to be single and just out of college.

I hate you....

Dawgowar
09-11-2015, 08:35 PM
I hate you....

Tis courage to accept Dawgowar got a better assignment LOL....

That was in pre-liver retirement days too. You could get Stoly for a buck a bottle in East Berlin (Commie D Mark was 15-1 on US Dollar) and a box a Cubans for next to nothing as well. Noon drinking on off duty time for me.....sarcasm.

Liverpooldawg
09-11-2015, 10:28 PM
This is disgusting. I bet we didn't cut out any sponsorship opportunities. Sad, very sad. Come on MSU.

Dawgowar
09-11-2015, 10:59 PM
This is disgusting. I bet we didn't cut out any sponsorship opportunities. Sad, very sad. Come on MSU.

And to make it better our Cheese Department decides to remodel the plant during peak season and limit orders this year. Rooney is out tomorrow, not that he can hit the net this year. Should be a good day for you guys

Todd4State
09-11-2015, 11:55 PM
I have for years said that our pre-game show was too long- and is probably the longest I have seen in the SEC and really any other college. I have been in favor of cutting out parts of the pre-game show- but never in my wildest dreams would I have ever thought to suggest that we cut out the Air Force ROTC.

I think LSU has the template of what a pre-game show should be like. March out to the fight song (We could certainly do Go State, Go State instead of Hold that Tiger). Play the National Anthem after the fight song. Then play the fight song again after the National Anthem while forming the tunnel. Highlight video. Play fight song as team runs out, get your ass off of the field.

We should have the band march on the field and do the fanfare, do the fight song while spelling out MSU, National Anthem WITH the ROTC, then spell out STATE and do Go State, Go State, and then do the fight song again while forming the tunnel. Cut out Madelon since there is no one alive in the stands when that was actually at MSU when that was the fight song, cut out the random song to the student section that they don't care about- that's probably at least five minutes right there.

Todd4State
09-11-2015, 11:57 PM

If the National Anthem is sponsored by Ford, we'll know what REALLY happened then. I'm actually a little surprised that we haven't sold out parts of the pre-game. "And now the fight song sponsored by Subway! Eat Fresh!" And I pray that I didn't give Scott any ideas.

Dawgowar
09-12-2015, 08:30 AM
Any of you going to the game, please give us a break down about the changes. All my sarcasm aside I know the band will be playing a patriotic song before the anthem, but it just isn't right. My suspicion is this has something to do with the band or accommodating the broadcast. Would just like to know who. Several of my fellow Bulldog vets need to engage them in a prolonged, persistent and consistent conversation on various media platforms.

Quaoarsking
09-12-2015, 08:59 AM
Any of you going to the game, please give us a break down about the changes. All my sarcasm aside I know the band will be playing a patriotic song before the anthem, but it just isn't right. My suspicion is this has something to do with the band or accommodating the broadcast. Would just like to know who. Several of my fellow Bulldog vets need to engage them in a prolonged, persistent and consistent conversation on various media platforms.

Or everyone should just focus on beating LSU and not melt down over something almost no one would've noticed had this "story" not come out beforehand.

Dawgowar
09-12-2015, 09:16 AM
Right. Good point, my focus will be the cog that gets us the win. I'm on it. We have differing views. Enjoy your game day.

TUSK
09-12-2015, 10:04 AM
Or everyone should just focus on beating LSU and not melt down over something almost no one would've noticed had this "story" not come out beforehand.

"everyone should just focus on [insert whatever]"

that's been the plan, all along.

move it.

Liverpooldawg
09-12-2015, 10:38 AM
And to make it better our Cheese Department decides to remodel the plant during peak season and limit orders this year. Rooney is out tomorrow, not that he can hit the net this year. Should be a good day for you guys

Hope so. I'm gonna watch it before I head to Starkville.

Liverpooldawg
09-12-2015, 10:40 AM
I have for years said that our pre-game show was too long- and is probably the longest I have seen in the SEC and really any other college. I have been in favor of cutting out parts of the pre-game show- but never in my wildest dreams would I have ever thought to suggest that we cut out the Air Force ROTC.

I think LSU has the template of what a pre-game show should be like. March out to the fight song (We could certainly do Go State, Go State instead of Hold that Tiger). Play the National Anthem after the fight song. Then play the fight song again after the National Anthem while forming the tunnel. Highlight video. Play fight song as team runs out, get your ass off of the field.

We should have the band march on the field and do the fanfare, do the fight song while spelling out MSU, National Anthem WITH the ROTC, then spell out STATE and do Go State, Go State, and then do the fight song again while forming the tunnel. Cut out Madelon since there is no one alive in the stands when that was actually at MSU when that was the fight song, cut out the random song to the student section that they don't care about- that's probably at least five minutes right there.
Hold on there chief, a lot of people like Madelon, me for one. We revived that while I was at MSU. We need to play it MORE.

By the way, the Doughboys brought that back from from World War One. What do you have against veterans? ***

Liverpooldawg
09-12-2015, 11:50 AM
Hope so. I'm gonna watch it before I head to Starkville.

If this keeps up it will be 3-0 to the Mancs.

Dawgowar
09-12-2015, 12:11 PM
You assume we can hit the target.

BulldogBear
09-12-2015, 12:27 PM
Hold on there chief, a lot of people like Madelon, me for one. We revived that while I was at MSU. We need to play it MORE.

By the way, the Doughboys brought that back from from World War One. What do you have against veterans? ***

To be honest, I really haven't minded the pregame buildup. Got no real issue with any of it. I'm usually in my seat about 45m before kickoff. It makes the last 15m go by quicker.

Liverpooldawg
09-12-2015, 12:46 PM
You assume we can hit the target.

You did. Once so far.

Liverpooldawg
09-12-2015, 01:02 PM
Twice now. This may be the worst Liverpool team I have seen in nearly 20 years of following them. The Hodgson abortion would be the only thing close. Rogers is on VERY thin ice.

Liverpooldawg
09-12-2015, 01:23 PM
3-1 final. I'm shocked we scored.

Dawgowar
09-12-2015, 01:38 PM
Loved the Benteke shot. Massive. Hopefully we will turn the corner and start shooting more.

Don't get Rogers, two years ago can't just be Suarez.

Liverpooldawg
09-12-2015, 01:42 PM
They look lost in the pitch, no leadership. Nobody has stepped into the Gerrard role. Henderson being out is hurting there I think. I still don't get Lovern ahead of Sako at the back either.