PDA

View Full Version : Parking help

BorneDawg
09-11-2015, 06:12 PM
My ride situation has fell thru. Was going to come down with a friend and she has a parking lot pass right where we tailgate. Well now I'm going to have to drive by myself which isn't a problem but now I'll have to park some where a and walk/tote stuff. Where is the closest free parking to the parking lot behind Dorman greenhouses or in front of the new cafeteria? Help you be greatly appreciated. Going to try and make it to Starkville by 1

mstatefan91
09-11-2015, 06:37 PM
Closest is probably at the vet school in the grass and I'm not 100% sure it's free. Most of the small stores around campus are taking advantage and charging $15-$20 per spot.

starkvegasdawg
09-11-2015, 07:04 PM
Can ride the shuttle from the newspaper downtown and they drop off at the architecture building. Don't think vet school is free.

sleepy dawg
09-11-2015, 08:09 PM
You aren't parking close for free unless it's on the side of a road somewhere.

BulldogBear
09-11-2015, 08:49 PM
You aren't parking close for free unless it's on the side of a road somewhere.

Yep. I haven't paid for parking since early 2010. When it hit $20 was my threshold for not gonna throw that $$$ away wh3n I could just walk. I get there way early and usually park prwrty close anyway. Don't think I will pay again till they find a way to charge for that! At that point I'll just go ahead and pay up for Bulldog Club lot.

LC Dawg
09-11-2015, 09:57 PM
The closest I've parked for free is the little strip mall down Russell where George Sherman is and that is a hike. I've seen people park at the hardware store right up from there also.
The roads on campus don't close until 4 hours before kickoff so you can drop off your stuff at the tailgate and then park. I think the roads don't open back up until at least an hour after the game so you may have to carry your stuff back to your car.

Dallas_Dawg
09-11-2015, 10:40 PM
Can you carry a cooler full of beer on the shuttle?

BurgDawg
09-11-2015, 11:42 PM
behind campus bookmark is always open gravel lot

dogshiek
09-12-2015, 06:51 AM
behind campus bookmark is always open gravel lot
Park at the Catholic Church in the cotton district for $10.

starkvegasdawg
09-12-2015, 07:11 AM
Can you carry a cooler full of beer on the shuttle?

I've never seen it done but there are no signs saying you can't that I've seen. If this is what you try I'd try to be there when they start there trips. The early runs aren't usually as crowded. I think they start around three hours before kick. I also wouldn't advertise its a cooler full of beer. Let me see if I can find any info.

starkvegasdawg
09-12-2015, 07:17 AM
Nothing I can find says they're prohibited. They do start running three hours before kick. I'd be on that first shuttle.

BorneDawg
09-12-2015, 07:39 AM
Thanks for all the help. Can't wait to get back to Stark-Vegas