PDA

View Full Version : Steele/Sehorn say...

RoverDog
09-11-2015, 02:25 PM
Good guys have the advantage at QB, Tigahs have the advantage at OL, DL, LBs, DBs, WRs, RBs and Special Teams. They both chuckled and agreed that we lose 30-20 because, as Steele says, "...only 7 returning starters..." So I know this is old news, and at the risk of beating this dead horse into oblivion, shouldn't Phil Steele of all people know better? He's supposed to be THE guy with all the info. Does he really think they are that much better than us at WR? DL? CB? No advantage for being at home? I rarely let this stuff get to me, as evident by the minimal amount of times I've posted, but it has become unbelievably frustrating.

Homedawg
09-11-2015, 02:32 PM
Who really cares if their cb's are better than ours, and I'm not saying one way or the other, but damn their cb's don't cover our corners! They cover our wr that's the matchup. Our qb and our receivers vs their db's and vica versa. I'll take my chances w our qb.

TrapGame
09-11-2015, 02:36 PM
If we win, especially a lopsided score win, I'm gonna get a twitter account just so I can stalk these assholes and call them out.

msstate7
09-11-2015, 02:38 PM
Turn the channel. Problem solved.

I'll never understand why our fans watch these reports that get them so upset. I used to do the same thing until I decided to watch just games... Life is so much better.

smootness
09-11-2015, 02:54 PM
Good guys have the advantage at QB, Tigahs have the advantage at OL, DL, LBs, DBs, WRs, RBs and Special Teams. They both chuckled and agreed that we lose 30-20 because, as Steele says, "...only 7 returning starters..." So I know this is old news, and at the risk of beating this dead horse into oblivion, shouldn't Phil Steele of all people know better? He's supposed to be THE guy with all the info. Does he really think they are that much better than us at WR? DL? CB? No advantage for being at home? I rarely let this stuff get to me, as evident by the minimal amount of times I've posted, but it has become unbelievably frustrating.

Steele is not very smart. Literally all of his analysis is based on recruiting rankings and # of returning starters. He is the poster child for the problem we've had with the media all offseason, which is simply looking at a depth chart and subtracting the starters lost to determine the level of experience returning.

First, our WR and LB are better than theirs, and our starting DL is equal to theirs.

Second, as someone else said, our WR don't play against their WR, and our DL doesn't play against their DL. Our offense will have their way with them, and our defense will do a good enough job of slowing down their running game and forcing Harris to beat us. We will beat LSU without much problem.

Liverpooldawg
09-11-2015, 02:58 PM
Just Win.

basedog
09-11-2015, 04:23 PM
Turn the channel. Problem solved.

I'll never understand why our fans watch these reports that get them so upset. I used to do the same thing until I decided to watch just games... Life is so much better.

I'm with you! I haven't listen to very much media preseason and now weekly talk from so called "experts" Why bother?

Stay focus on Msu not some media BS!

Reason2succeed
09-11-2015, 07:22 PM
We all we got!

Mjoelner34
09-12-2015, 01:35 AM
Steele is not very smart.

Pretty sure I heard Phil Steele say before the 2013 season that Ole Miss had the #2 offensive line in the NCAA. They went 3-5 in the SEC that year. He probably covered his ass at the end of the year by saying "No, I said their offensive line was #2. Get it?"