PDA

View Full Version : Are there more highchool games on thursday then there use to be, if so, Why?

Jack Lambert
09-11-2015, 01:53 PM
Just seems that way.

Johnson85
09-11-2015, 02:29 PM
Just seems that way.

If there are high school games on Thursday, then I would say yes. Where I grew up, jr. high was thursday night, highschool and JUCO were friday, and college was saturday. Maybe around holiday weekends there would be a weird schedule, but teams didn't just move games to Thursday night.

Liverpooldawg
09-11-2015, 03:00 PM
There don't seem to be as many around here. We used to have an opponent who played EVERY home game on Thursday. They don't anymore.

oldjoedawg
09-11-2015, 04:39 PM
Just seems that way.

Many more in our area (NW Ms)...especially Memphis and DeSoto County.....in Memphis many of their schools play on city/county fields because not all of the individual schools have fields....not sure about Desoto County because I believe all schools have their own fields.

Todd4State
09-11-2015, 05:37 PM
Many more in our area (NW Ms)...especially Memphis and DeSoto County.....in Memphis many of their schools play on city/county fields because not all of the individual schools have fields....not sure about Desoto County because I believe all schools have their own fields.

JPS used to have to do this as well- seven-eight schools and only three fields.

I think they are playing more Thursday night games simply because of TV and also to make the game an event. High schools don't want to compete with college football on Saturday for a variety of reasons and playing high school football on Sunday and Wednesday are going to be frowned upon in Mississippi because of church (and I happen to agree with that).