PDA

View Full Version : Jawon Pass is visiting tomorrow

ShotgunDawg
09-11-2015, 11:36 AM
4 star QB & Louisville commit Jawon Pass is visiting & bringing his mother.

Pass' brother plays for Louisville, so I'm not sure how serious this is, but perhaps his brother doesn't like it there or Louisville going heavy with the true freshman QB is causing him to look around a little bit.

Interesting development.

paco
09-11-2015, 11:44 AM
Wow! THis is good news. I didn't realize Jawon was still a possibility. He will be a perfect fit to our Offense if he signs with us. I'm very glad to know he and his mom will be on campus.

preachermatt83
09-11-2015, 11:47 AM
we blew it with him by not going after his brother harder. He's Louisville bound

Ifyouonlyknew
09-11-2015, 11:59 AM
The play of Lamar Jackson is going to get him looking at his options. Whether he decides to flip I'm not sure but he's definitely going to look.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-11-2015, 12:00 PM
we blew it with him by not going after his brother harder. He's Louisville bound

It was Khane Pass or Mark McLaurin. I'm not going to say we blew it. I think we made the right choice.

BulldogBear
09-11-2015, 12:02 PM
We are outmatched against LSU. Nothing to see tomorrow night*****

confucius say
09-11-2015, 12:21 PM
The play of Lamar Jackson is going to get him looking at his options. Whether he decides to flip I'm not sure but he's definitely going to look.

Where have you been this week? Thoughts on last weeks game?

Big4Dawg
09-11-2015, 12:22 PM
He's taking an official BTW

Ifyouonlyknew
09-11-2015, 12:25 PM
Where have you been this week? Thoughts on last weeks game?

I've been around. I usually stay away from posting during the season because the over reactions on both sides good & bad are too crazy.

RougeDawg
09-11-2015, 12:27 PM
If we land him or not, we have 3 years to develop our next QB behind Fitz, so whichever school the young man chooses, we are in good shape going forward at the QB position. It would be nice to snag him, but he will make the best choice for him and we will be fine at QB.

confucius say
09-11-2015, 12:37 PM
I've been around. I usually stay away from posting during the season because the over reactions on both sides good & bad are too crazy.

Truth.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-11-2015, 12:46 PM
If we land him or not, we have 3 years to develop our next QB behind Fitz, so whichever school the young man chooses, we are in good shape going forward at the QB position. It would be nice to snag him, but he will make the best choice for him and we will be fine at QB.

I'd let Fitz you know win the job before I start lining up who his back up & successor will be.

War Machine Dawg
09-11-2015, 01:03 PM
I'd let Fitz you know win the job before I start lining up who his back up & successor will be.

No shit. No one has seen Staley yet, but he's always had the higher ceiling. My dislike of lefty QBs aside, Staley is the complete package of what Mullen wants in a QB. Big, physical as a runner, rocket launcher for an arm. Fitz has a cannon too, but he's not a power runner.

DistrictDawg92
09-11-2015, 01:23 PM
No shit. No one has seen Staley yet, but he's always had the higher ceiling. My dislike of lefty QBs aside, Staley is the complete package of what Mullen wants in a QB. Big, physical as a runner, rocket launcher for an arm. Fitz has a cannon too, but he's not a power runner.

Staley is gonna look like Cardale's left handed twin out there. Same size and similar running styles and both have cannons. The Meyer/Mullen offense works best with a 240 lb physical running QB, see Dak, Cardale, and Tebow. Although Fitz is much taller than JT Barrett, I think they have pretty similiar styles. Next summer we will have a QB battle very similar to OSU's. I couldn't help but notice during OSU's game that every time Cardale ran he was almost guaranteed 5 yards every time due to his size alone, it's just not fair when your QB is bigger than the opposing team's defensive ends.

Jack Lambert
09-11-2015, 01:26 PM
4 star QB & Louisville commit Jawon Pass is visiting & bringing his mother.

I guess buying him a hooker is out. That seems to work up north.

Pinto
09-11-2015, 01:28 PM
http://louisville.247sports.com/Bolt/VIP-Buzz-What-were-hearing-about-Jawon-Pass-39335880

jumbo
09-11-2015, 01:36 PM
Louisville's 24/7 guy says they aren't overly concerned with him visiting. They feel it's a "plan B" visit because Pass does see that Jackson is their QB for the next 3-4 years.

Sacrifice
09-11-2015, 01:40 PM
Good lord, our program has come a LONG way. No way we get a player of Jawon's caliber on campus 5 yrs ago.

preachermatt83
09-11-2015, 01:49 PM

Fitz is next yrs Starting QB.

Rayburn8
09-11-2015, 01:50 PM

I will repeat what I said a couple weeks ago. Staley will be the starter next season. Book it.

DistrictDawg92
09-11-2015, 01:51 PM
Good lord, our program has come a LONG way. No way we get a player of Jawon's caliber on campus 5 yrs ago.

To an adult we may still be good ole MSU, but to a recruit in the 2016 class, they see a team who finished 2nd in the West last year and a team that has been to a bowl game every year since they were in SIXTH grade. It's not hard to see why MSU is now an attractive destination for any recruit.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-11-2015, 01:51 PM

We will see. We may have to make a friendly wager on this 1.

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
09-11-2015, 01:53 PM

I will repeat what I said a couple weeks ago. Staley will be the starter next season. Book it.

gonna be an interesting offseason

Bama_Dawg
09-11-2015, 01:53 PM

Staley/Fitz/Tiano, will be a fun battle to watch. Let the "they lost Dak" haters come on. 2016 will be a fun year too!

Jack Lambert
09-11-2015, 01:55 PM
To an adult we may still be good ole MSU, but to a recruit in the 2016 class, they see a team who finished 2nd in the West last year and a team that has been to a bowl game every year since they were in SIXTH grade. It's not hard to see why MSU is now an attractive destination for any recruit.

And I think it's an official visit.

jumbo
09-11-2015, 02:00 PM
And I think it's an official visit.

it is

Todd4State
09-11-2015, 05:41 PM
We will see. We may have to make a friendly wager on this 1.

I agree with you about Fitzgerald. If Staley was going to be the next guy, we would have seen Staley and not Fitz last Saturday.

Aces High
09-11-2015, 05:44 PM
I agree with you about Fitzgerald. If Staley was going to be the next guy, we would have seen Staley and not Fitz last Saturday.

Staley is still recovering. He will start next year

Ifyouonlyknew
09-11-2015, 06:03 PM

Fitz is #2 because he was the only other healthy QB we had besides Dak in the spring & fall. He also performed well. Staley was only cleared for full contact 2-3 weeks before the 1st game. I think next spring & fall Staley will overtake him & be the guy. It will be a great competition & if Fitz wins out I have complete faith in him.

Todd4State
09-11-2015, 06:15 PM
Fitz is #2 because he was the only other healthy QB we had besides Dak in the spring & fall. He also performed well. Staley was only cleared for full contact 2-3 weeks before the 1st game. I think next spring & fall Staley will overtake him & be the guy. It will be a great competition & if Fitz wins out I have complete faith in him.

I forgot that Staley was/is hurt. So, you think that Staley will overtake him? I was under the impression that you thought that Fitzgerald would win the job.

I'm fine with either one to be honest with you.

War Machine Dawg
09-11-2015, 06:42 PM

Thus why it is so crucial to be in a bowl game every year. Even if it's Memphis, Shreveport, Birmingham, etc., it's "postseason" play. And one of the main reasons I HATE the new P5 scheduling rule. Why is the SEC handicapping itself further when you're already playing the toughest schedule in the nation just by playing conference games?

BullDog
09-11-2015, 07:00 PM
BOOK IT

Ifyouonlyknew
09-11-2015, 07:10 PM
I forgot that Staley was/is hurt. So, you think that Staley will overtake him? I was under the impression that you thought that Fitzgerald would win the job.

I'm fine with either one to be honest with you.

I really like Fitz & think he will be a very solid QB. I just think Staley has a chance to be special. He's the most talented QB on campus & he can do things you can't teach. We will be fine at QB no matter who wins the job.

BullDog
09-11-2015, 07:13 PM

I

BullDog
09-11-2015, 07:14 PM
Kinda whats happening at louisville.

Todd4State
09-11-2015, 07:14 PM
Thus why it is so crucial to be in a bowl game every year. Even if it's Memphis, Shreveport, Birmingham, etc., it's "postseason" play. And one of the main reasons I HATE the new P5 scheduling rule. Why is the SEC handicapping itself further when you're already playing the toughest schedule in the nation just by playing conference games?

Because Alabama didn't like the way we scheduled.

And totally agree about going to a bowl every year. We hear Scott or whomever our AD is talk about "exposure" all the time. The best exposure we can get is playing in the postseason- not by playing on Thursday, Thanksgiving, or doing something silly like the Snow Bowl tribute.

Todd4State
09-11-2015, 07:16 PM
I really like Fitz & think he will be a very solid QB. I just think Staley has a chance to be special. He's the most talented QB on campus & he can do things you can't teach. We will be fine at QB no matter who wins the job.

Staley has always sort of reminded me of Cam Newton from his HS film. I'm not saying he is Cam Newton good- but I agree his athleticism is off the charts and the sky is the limit with him.

preachermatt83
09-11-2015, 09:58 PM
Fitz knowledge of the playbook and ability to handle the speed of the game is literally light years ahead of Staleys.

Todd4State
09-11-2015, 10:31 PM
I know the Louisville guys think that having Khane Pass is their trump card. But at this point, if they really wanted to play together- couldn't we "place" Khane at Co-Lin and then take him down the road? And yes, that is a little bit crazy and Ole Missish.

Rayburn8
09-11-2015, 10:52 PM
Fitz knowledge of the playbook and ability to handle the speed of the game is literally light years ahead of Staleys.

I like how you say this as if you have seen Staley play. How do you know Staley has not been studying the playbook all while he has been injured.

msstate7
09-11-2015, 10:57 PM
I can see now that this board will be divided into team staley and team fitz this offseason. Personally I don't care who wins... Tiano or Williams is fine with me if they're the best

Rayburn8
09-11-2015, 11:28 PM
I can see now that this board will be divided into team staley and team fitz this offseason. Personally I don't care who wins... Tiano or Williams is fine with me if they're the best

It's going to be like Twilight, just with football. CAN'T WAIT!!

Todd4State
09-11-2015, 11:43 PM

I don't really get that vibe at all. I think most people realize that they are both good, but since they are in the same class obviously one is going to play. Is it going to be Staley with his high upside or Fitzgerald with his work ethic and the fact that he has been healthy longer and therefore has gotten more reps at this point? I don't think anyone truly knows at this point.

I think most people realize that either one is going to be good for us.

msstate7
09-11-2015, 11:45 PM
While we're on qb's, anything coming out about tiano? Is he showing any promise in practice?

RougeDawg
09-11-2015, 11:51 PM
I like how you say this as if you have seen Staley play. How do you know Staley has not been studying the playbook all while he has been injured.

It's because we have paid attention to reports of practice form people who actually watch them. Unless there is an injury to Fitz that prevents him from practicing in the Spring, it's his job to lose. He's had a jump up on Staley form day one. Hate to burst your bubble, but it will take close to an Act from God to move Fitz out of the #1 QB spot next year. He may be better than Dak right now, but just lacks experience. If Dak were to go down, I'm not sold that we would see much, if any, drop in production from the QB position. We would most likely see an uptick in mobility and QB rushing yards with Fitz.

msstate7
09-12-2015, 12:00 AM
It's because we have paid attention to reports of practice form people who actually watch them. Unless there is an injury to Fitz that prevents him from practicing in the Spring, it's his job to lose. He's had a jump up on Staley form day one. Hate to burst your bubble, but it will take close to an Act from God to move Fitz out of the #1 QB spot next year. He may be better than Dak right now, but just lacks experience. If Dak were to go down, I'm not sold that we would see much, if any, drop in production from the QB position. We would most likely see an uptick in mobility and QB rushing yards with Fitz.

So our backup is better than our best qb ever? Color me skeptical

Pollodawg
09-12-2015, 12:01 AM

You beat me too it. lol. I was about to post this same point.

Pollodawg
09-12-2015, 12:02 AM

Dude. really? You don't think there would be a drop off between Fits and Dak...........

RougeDawg
09-12-2015, 12:16 AM
Dude really, do you think before posting??

Only Stevie Wonder isn't able to see that Fitz has more quickness and agility than Dak and can get to top speed quicker. So all Fitz would need to do to, at minimum, equal Dak is complete 6 of 10 passes. Is that impossible? I and many others think not. I'm not saying Fitz has the experience, because he doesn't, but the tools and skill set is at least the same as Dak's right now.

Rayburn8
09-12-2015, 12:36 AM

Have you been paying attention to the reports about how Staley passed Fitz last year in one fall alone, or were those conveniently ignored for the sake of your argument.

Rayburn8
09-12-2015, 12:37 AM

Only Stevie Wonder isn't able to see that Fitz has more quickness and agility than Dak and can get to top speed quicker. So all Fitz would need to do to, at minimum, equal Dak is complete 6 of 10 passes. Is that impossible? I and many others think not. I'm not saying Fitz has the experience, because he doesn't, but the tools and skill set is at least the same as Dak's right now.

lol

Todd4State
09-12-2015, 12:58 AM

Remember the good old days when this was true every year for MSU? Accompanied by "the receivers don't like __ and the back up QB is the REAL leader of the team. Guys will follow him- he just has it."

Homedawg
09-12-2015, 01:06 AM
I don't really get that vibe at all. I think most people realize that they are both good, but since they are in the same class obviously one is going to play. Is it going to be Staley with his high upside or Fitzgerald with his work ethic and the fact that he has been healthy longer and therefore has gotten more reps at this point? I don't think anyone truly knows at this point.

I think most people realize that either one is going to be good for us.

How can you not get that vibe? You have been complaining about who should play where at several positions and we have played one game and we don't have a qb controversy, which is always the biggest.

Homedawg
09-12-2015, 01:07 AM

Right.........

War Machine Dawg
09-12-2015, 01:22 AM
Because Alabama didn't like the way we scheduled.

And totally agree about going to a bowl every year. We hear Scott or whomever our AD is talk about "exposure" all the time. The best exposure we can get is playing in the postseason- not by playing on Thursday, Thanksgiving, or doing something silly like the Snow Bowl tribute.

Oh I know the "why." I'm just making a point. The Big 7 run the SEC and to hell with what is good for everyone as a whole. If Bama, LSU, Auburn, UGA, TN, FL, or aTm don't like it - you can forget it.

RougeDawg
09-12-2015, 03:09 AM
Have you been paying attention to the reports about how Staley passed Fitz last year in one fall alone, or were those conveniently ignored for the sake of your argument.

Yea I have, I also "conveniently ignored" the fact that Fitz got PT last week. Nice try, play again. Seriously, do we need to send people to optometry visits?

Sometimes I think we have OM delusion running through this board. Fitz is the clear front runner. Those who cannot see this are either blind or not looking. I'm Sorry that reality doesn't fit some peoples' fantasy, but the bottom line is Fitz is the guy to beat. You are either ignorant or in denial of you think otherwise. Sorry, but you should wake up now before You are left behind.

I was a Staley guy myself when he got here and progressed. I wanted him to be the next Heisman hopeful. But in order to be the #1 guy you have to outwork everyone on and off the field, if skill sets are similar. That's where the majority of you are left in the dark and why I know Fotz is the guy to beat.

Let it be known, I'm not trying to burst any bubbles or hate on anyone, stating what I've heard and seen.

Eta: I predicted this from Dak 3 years ago when he was playing as a RS freshman. Go back and look. You can tell which QB's have it To succeed. It is easy to see.

BullDog
09-12-2015, 09:20 AM
Yea I have, I also "conveniently ignored" the fact that Fitz got PT last week. Nice try, play again. Seriously, do we need to send people to optometry visits?

Sometimes I think we have OM delusion running through this board. Fitz is the clear front runner. Those who cannot see this are either blind or not looking. I'm Sorry that reality doesn't fit some peoples' fantasy, but the bottom line is Fitz is the guy to beat. You are either ignorant or in denial of you think otherwise. Sorry, but you should wake up now before You are left behind.

I was a Staley guy myself when he got here and progressed. I wanted him to be the next Heisman hopeful. But in order to be the #1 guy you have to outwork everyone on and off the field, if skill sets are similar. That's where the majority of you are left in the dark and why I know Fotz is the guy to beat.

Let it be known, I'm not trying to burst any bubbles or hate on anyone, stating what I've heard and seen.

Eta: I predicted this from Dak 3 years ago when he was playing as a RS freshman. Go back and look. You can tell which QB's have it To succeed. It is easy to see.

Child Please

Dawgology
09-12-2015, 09:37 AM
It's going to be like Twilight, just with football. CAN'T WAIT!!

Wait....what?

Dawgface
09-12-2015, 09:50 AM

I don't care who wins either. Fitz does look good from what little bit we have seen, but most fans have not had a chance to see Staley. Maybe he is the best or Tiano sets the woods on fire next year. I just hope one grabs the bull by the horns and becomes the next Dak. ;)

RougeDawg
09-12-2015, 10:30 AM
Child Please

Quite the Elaborate response.

I seen it dawg
09-12-2015, 10:41 AM

How the hell could you know? Staley hasn't stepped on the field..

Rayburn8
09-12-2015, 10:48 AM
How the hell could you know? Staley hasn't stepped on the field..

Because of reports like RougeDawg said. You should go get checked for a mental illness.***

Bully13
09-12-2015, 10:56 AM
I think we should all just be enjoying the fact that we've got 2 quality athletes battling for the QB position instead of pretending to know whose the best at this early stage. To say Fitz is going to win the battle next year without a doubt is crazy talk. especially considering Staley has been injured. we should be proud both of these guys are dressing out in maroon and white. saying anything negative about either one at this point is stupid , counter productive and definitely not needed on a board as good as this one.

smootness
09-12-2015, 11:52 AM

You're weird.

Also, you predicted Dak would be our starting QB? Holy crap, Nostradamus, you were only one! What a prediction! Who do you think will be starting for the Packers this week? I can't decide.