PDA

View Full Version : MSU extravaganza last night

Bo Darville
07-19-2013, 08:08 AM
Went to the MSU extravaganza last night in Jackson. Heard the normal coachspeak, etc. Stricklin was asked about the huge amount of money spent recently on improvements and what would be improved in the future. Stricklin's answer was that most of the money had been spent on football (stadium expansion plus football facility) and that now it would be baseball's turn. He said Dudy Noble has been the crown jewel of college baseball. He said they will have plans in the next 12-18 months to ensure that it will stay that way in the future.

Basically, we all knew Dudy Noble upgrades, renovation, or reconstruction was eventually coming, and Stricklin has confirmed it.

hometowndawg
07-19-2013, 09:29 AM
Still have another year until they have plans ready, no idea when they will release them to us(the fanbase). Let's just hope that next year we can continue to build on the success of last year

HereComesTheSpiral
07-19-2013, 09:45 AM
I wonder if they are considering building in a different location.

bulldogcountry1
07-19-2013, 12:41 PM
Seems like something he said just after the season ended leaned more toward general improvements instead of a significant overhaul. The fact that he used "crown jewel" makes me think it will be pretty significant. I wonder what direction he intends to take.

I assume they will present a plan with various stages of bells and whistles and them move forward based on cost versus funding. If jor renovations are going to be 10-15 years apart, I'd rather wait a little longer to make sure we get something nice.