PDA

View Full Version : Lee Sterling on OOB this morning

TrapGame
09-11-2015, 08:26 AM
Said we don't have the talent to beat LSU.

He watched the USM game a couple times and came away with that's who we really are. We're not a top 25 team, not enough talent.

28 -20 LSU

CadaverDawg
09-11-2015, 08:28 AM
Good. Ill add him to list of people I'll be tweeting Monday and telling to eat shit.

Coach34
09-11-2015, 08:30 AM
Good. Ill add him to list of people I'll be tweeting Monday and telling to eat shit.

C34 likes this

DownwardDawg
09-11-2015, 08:32 AM

He watched the USM game a couple times and came away with that's who we really are. We're not a top 25 team, not enough talent.

28 -20 LSU

How could anyone with a brain watch that game and think "that is who we are"? Especially on offense. We didn't even attempt to run our offense until the 3rd quarter and then we went vanilla again.
Now the D???? I'm still worried about the defense. We'll know soon enough.

Jack Lambert
09-11-2015, 08:33 AM
I turned to OOB this morning. I only lasted about 30 seconds than I was gone.

Jack Lambert
09-11-2015, 08:35 AM

He will follow up on OOB with "LSU is down and still not sure about MSU. we will come Auburn but I think Auburn will have a little too much talent."

Thick
09-11-2015, 08:43 AM
"Well....LSU did not get to play McNeese St., and that really hurt them."

BulldogBear
09-11-2015, 08:45 AM

28 -20 LSU

Just like last year. Uh oh....

ShotgunDawg
09-11-2015, 08:49 AM
Yup, lots of negativity today on the Bo Bounds show, not by Bo though.

We have no talent, Dak can't throw, LSU has too much talent, etc...

I love how this week has set up. Our boys played below their standard last week & have been told how bad they are this week.

BTW, Lee Sterling saying that MSU isn't a Top 25 team is ridiculous.... if he wants to say that, due to MSU's schedule, I don't think they will finish in the Top 25, I could understand that, but to say that MSU isn't one of the best 25 teams in the country is just being stupid. I've counted at least 10 teams in this weeks Top 25 that I'm pretty sure MSU would beat.

BeardoMSU
09-11-2015, 08:52 AM

Just send this clip to all those peeps and call it a day. The message is both clear and appropriate....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvMYPF-gnQU

Jack Lambert
Yup, lots of negativity today on the Bo Bounds show, not by Bo though.

We have no talent, Dak can't throw, LSU has too much talent, etc...

I love how this week has set up. Our boys played below their standard last week & have been told how bad they are this week.

BTW, Lee Sterling saying that MSU isn't a Top 25 team is ridiculous.... if he wants to say that, due to MSU's schedule, I don't think they will finish in the Top 25, I could understand that, but to say that MSU isn't one of the best 25 teams in the country is just being stupid. I've counted at least 10 teams in this weeks Top 25 that I'm pretty sure MSU would beat.

The 30 seconds I listen to it, there was some caller claiming to be a MSU Fan talking about Dak but I am 100% sure he was a Ole Miss Hommer.

UMCDawg16
But I love when Bo asked him if he was playing our game in his bets, he said NO. LOL so he must not be too confident in his picks...

TrapGame
09-11-2015, 09:00 AM
Even Bo was surprised Sterling ripped us. You could hear Bo in the background say a couple of times, "Well, I don't know about that." Especially when Sterling started in on the talent thing.

maroonmania
09-11-2015, 09:08 AM
Well, as always, it goes back to recruiting rankings. The "experts" will never feel we have the talent necessary to compete with the big boys because we take too many guys in the recruiting process (especially along the OL) where people say "who?".

sandwolf
09-11-2015, 09:44 AM
The "experts" will never feel we have the talent necessary to compete with the big boys because we take too many guys in the recruiting process (especially along the OL) where people say "who?".

To be fair, Lee Sterling is the same guy who came on OOB last year and predicted us to go into Baton Rouge and win straight up.

tcdog70
09-11-2015, 09:50 AM
That is why we Play the Game. We just need to go out and let it rip. Do what we do and don't have turnovers and we will beat the swamp water out of their ass. Stop the run and run the ball. pretty simple formula for success.

maroonmania
09-11-2015, 09:52 AM
To be fair, Lee Sterling is the same guy who came on OOB last year and predicted us to go into Baton Rouge and win straight up.

Then I really don't understand the "talent" angle. Playing the inexperience card yes, but the talent card no. I mean is LSU that much more talented now than they were last year? They have great talent every year.

ShotgunDawg
09-11-2015, 10:01 AM
Bo just picked LSU to win 24-20.
As for these predictions, I think LSU benefited from not playing and MSU playing poorly last week.
Last year, there were 3 games of data to predict the game, but this year everyone just reverts to recruiting rankings because there isn't much information.

Personally, I think recruiting have had the same effect on analysts as GPS has had on all our senses of direction. It's ruined some people's ability to break down games, talk about mismatches and generally compare the two teams at a more micro level.

msstate7
09-11-2015, 10:03 AM
I turned to OOB this morning. I only lasted about 30 seconds than I was gone.

That's about my fill every time I try it again

AlSwearengen
09-11-2015, 10:06 AM
Does LSU have more talent than us? Of course they do. But, the talent gap has closed considerably and we have the coaching edge and the very important QB edge.

RougeDawg
09-11-2015, 10:14 AM
As for these predictions, I think LSU benefited from not playing and MSU playing poorly last week.
Last year, there were 3 games of data to predict the game, but this year everyone just reverts to recruiting rankings because there isn't much information.

Personally, I think recruiting have had the same effect on analysts as GPS has had on all our senses of direction. It's ruined some people's ability to break down games, talk about mismatches and generally compare the two teams at a more micro level.

Recruiting rankings have just about ruined every "talking head's" ability to break down actual results and player development. With this same logic, Florida, Miami, and Texas should all be in the playoff hunt every season if we use the "talent" argument. We all know how well those 3 have fared. On the flip side, Oregon should barely ever sniff playoff consideration because they recruit around the same "talent" that we do. We may have the slight "star" edge on th as well. When will these moronic asshats start to realize that coaches plus development can sometime, and most times, trump uncoached underdeveloped perceived "talent"??

It's best to stop giving these morons attention and website clicks and eventually everything will take care of itself to.

maroonmania
09-11-2015, 10:20 AM
Does LSU have more talent than us? Of course they do. But, the talent gap has closed considerably and we have the coaching edge and the very important QB edge.

Plus home field which, since the expansion, has become even bigger than it was before. We have yet to lose at home since the end zone enclosure although granted it was only one season.

TrapGame
09-11-2015, 10:27 AM

Wow, if we only score 20 on LSU this is gonna be a long gut wrenching season.

Dawgheadcheese
09-11-2015, 10:30 AM
Look, this is what you get when you come out the first game and play like we did. Unlike OM and other teams that came out sharp and beat the hell out of the other team as expected, we looked like an "unranked team" Saturday and everybody saw it. Now with that being said, I think it was smart for Mullen not to run Prescott against USM. He is going to get beat up enough and we need him strong for the final stretch of the season. But as a result, we looked very, very mediocre. The good news is, if we beat LSU tomorrow night, we will be right back where we want to be. But if we lose to LSU at home, we are back to being considered the dwellers. Such is life in the SECW.

maroonmania
09-11-2015, 10:36 AM
Look, this is what you get when you come out the first game and play like we did. Unlike OM and other teams that came out sharp and beat the hell out of the other team as expected, we looked like an "unranked team" Saturday and everybody saw it. Now with that being said, I think it was smart for Mullen not to run Prescott against USM. He is going to get beat up enough and we need him strong for the final stretch of the season. But as a result, we looked very, very mediocre. The good news is, if we beat LSU tomorrow night, we will be right back where we want to be. But if we lose to LSU at home, we are back to being considered the dwellers. Such is life in the SECW.

And yes, it would "feel" much better to get some respect from the talking heads but, when its all said and done, its all about Ws and Ls on the field, not style points. We will find out a lot about what kind of team we have tomorrow night.

Johnson85
09-11-2015, 10:40 AM
Does LSU have more talent than us? Of course they do.

What's crazy to me is to hear all these people claim that LSU has more talent than MSU across the board other than QB. I will buy that they have more talent across the 2 deep on both sides of the ball, but do they really have a wide receiver better than Bear? And is their second WR clearly better than Ross (assuming he's the Ross we saw last year and not last Saturday)? And a CB that's clearly better than Redmond? A DT duo that are clearly better than Jones and James? I would think at most, it's a push at most positions, us having a big advantage at QB, them having a few more positions where they have an advantage and then maybe separating themselves comparing the second string. I just don't get how people think we won last year with no talent across the board other than Dak, Preston Smith, Roginson, and Mckinney.

LC Dawg
09-11-2015, 10:42 AM
Letting them back in the game last year hurts us in the minds of all the experts because a lot of them probably think that LSU mounted this massive comeback on us when in reality it was all pretty much self inflicted. The reality is that we led LSU 34-10 early in the 4th quarter at their place and it was because we were whipping their ass. Mullen then brain farted as we all know but we were thoroughly whipping that ass.
Fast forward to this year when we have the returning 1st Team All SEC quarterback and we are playing at home. We lost some people and LSU lost some people. I don't see how you can take all those facts and think LSU beats us without us screwing ourselves hard to help them out.

mparkerfd20
09-11-2015, 10:53 AM
Just send this clip to all those peeps and call it a day. The message is both clear and appropriate....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvMYPF-gnQU

One of the greatest cheesy movies of my childhood.

maroonmania
09-11-2015, 10:54 AM
Letting them back in the game last year hurts us in the minds of all the experts because a lot of them probably think that LSU mounted this massive comeback on us when in reality it was all pretty much self inflicted. The reality is that we led LSU 34-10 early in the 4th quarter at their place and it was because we were whipping their ass. Mullen then brain farted as we all know but we were thoroughly whipping that ass.
Fast forward to this year when we have the returning 1st Team All SEC quarterback and we are playing at home. We lost some people and LSU lost some people. I don't see how you can take all those facts and think LSU beats us without us screwing ourselves hard to help them out.

Mullen has got to learn that games aren't decided in 3 quarters, especially against talented SEC teams. I hope that he indeed learned the lesson last year but he did the same thing in Oxford in 2010 turning a 31-3 third quarter lead into a shaky 31-23 win. So he should have ALREADY learned the lesson of playing 4 quarters in the SEC long ago.

Really Clark?
09-11-2015, 11:16 AM
Mullen has got to learn that games aren't decided in 3 quarters, especially against talented SEC teams. I hope that he indeed learned the lesson last year but he did the same thing in Oxford in 2010 turning a 31-3 third quarter lead into a shaky 31-23 win. So he should have ALREADY learned the lesson of playing 4 quarters in the SEC long ago.

That's was not how the 2010 Egg Bowl played out at all. Totally different scenario than the LSU game. When we went up 31-9 UNM marched right back down ending the 3rd quarter and scoring at the beginning of the 4th to make it 31-16. Our first team took the next possession down and missed a FG. Our first team defense was still out there when we picked off Masoli the second play of the very next possession. They held our first team offense to a 3 and out our next possession and UNM proceeded to score the following possession with less than 5 min left in the game to go to 31-23. They held us to just one first down with our 1st team offense and got the ball back with 2:38 left in the game. We held them and they turned the ball over on downs. We took 2 knees to finish out the game at UNM 23 yard line.

Bothrops
09-11-2015, 11:20 AM
One thing that really pisses me off is that this game is being labeled as a "revenge game" by Lsu and media because we won last year. It should be quite the opposite, given our history against them in the modern era of football. We should be sick about the level of disrespect by Lsu and the media, not to mention record against them. I sure as hell hope this message is being conveyed to the team. I can only hope these things are being used to antagonize our team into a frenzy rage, and we play them like they've raped our mothers. Frick 'em

maroonmania
09-11-2015, 11:33 AM
That's was not how the 2010 Egg Bowl played out at all. Totally different scenario than the LSU game. When we went up 31-9 UNM marched right back down ending the 3rd quarter and scoring at the beginning of the 4th to make it 31-16. Our first team took the next possession down and missed a FG. Our first team defense was still out there when we picked off Masoli the second play of the very next possession. They held our first team offense to a 3 and out our next possession and UNM proceeded to score the following possession with less than 5 min left in the game to go to 31-23. They held us to just one first down with our 1st team offense and got the ball back with 2:38 left in the game. We held them and they turned the ball over on downs. We took 2 knees to finish out the game at UNM 23 yard line.

Point still remains, and yes they came back from 31-9 not 31-3, my memory is slipping I guess, but should that not have logged into Mullen's brain that SEC teams can make significant comebacks in a very short period of time? Still went from a dominant win to a shaky win. THAT was the point given he put in mostly backups at Tiger Stadium.

BulldogBear
09-11-2015, 11:34 AM

This^^^^

We could've picked our score at that point. I just don't think they've closed the gap that much from what could've been a 48-10 loss EASILY.

ETA: When a game is that one sided with 10 minutes left and winner has gone onto cruise to win and be classy mode, anything the losing offense does after that point doesn't really carry a whole lot of weight even if it did end up being too close for comfort. Why they can't see this I don't know.

Really Clark?
09-11-2015, 11:41 AM
Point still remains, and yes they came back from 31-9 not 31-3, my memory is slipping I guess, but should that not have logged into Mullen's brain that SEC teams can make significant comebacks in a very short period of time? Still went from a dominant win to a shaky win. THAT was the point given he put in mostly backups at Tiger Stadium.

Still big difference from a team scoring on our first team defense not playing prevent and our first team offense staying on the field the entire game of the 2010 Egg Bowl instead of subbing late and having a back up center hike the ball over the QB head for a turn over. Just not comparable at all between the two games. Yeah Mullen got too complacent last year and he admitted it right after that game in the press conference.

maroonmania
09-11-2015, 11:47 AM
Still big difference from a team scoring on our first team defense not playing prevent and our first team offense staying on the field the entire game of the 2010 Egg Bowl instead of subbing late and having a back up center hike the ball over the QB head for a turn over. Just not comparable at all between the two games. Yeah Mullen got too complacent last year and he admitted it right after that game in the press conference.

Agreed, but you are making my point for me, if he had already seen what happened in Oxford that quickly against mostly first team guys did he not think things could happen even that much more quickly with the backups? Anyway, hopefully he at least won't go to the backups so quickly now with a big lead in a hostile environment.

Really Clark?
09-11-2015, 12:09 PM
Agreed, but you are making my point for me, if he had already seen what happened in Oxford that quickly against mostly first team guys did he not think things could happen even that much more quickly with the backups? Anyway, hopefully he at least won't go to the backups so quickly now with a big lead in a hostile environment.

We will just have to disagree. The LSU game at the time of going into cruise control had blowout written all over it. We went into cruise control to early. I agree and so does Mullen. And mostly it was on the defensive calls. Offensively if we had kept it full bore one more score (which we should have or at least ate up more clock) then it doesn't get close. Conversely if Dak or JRob or Bear went down late when we had the game in hand many would be debating why Dan wasn't easing off at that point. It's a fine line at that point when it looks and feels like a blowout and you know the detractors are going to find fault with either descision.

BulldogBear
09-11-2015, 12:13 PM
We will just have to disagree. The LSU game at the time of going into cruise control had blowout written all over it. We went into cruise control to early. I agree and so does Mullen. And mostly it was on the defensive calls. Offensively if we had kept it full bore one more score (which we should have or at least ate up more clock) then it doesn't get close. Conversely if Dak or JRob or Bear went down late when we had the game in hand many would be debating why Dan wasn't easing off at that point. It's a fine line at that point when it looks and feels like a blowout and you know the detractors are going to find fault with either descision.

Absolutely. In reality, the only time in the second half the outcome really seemed to be in doubt was the final play and it took a lot of factors, including at least one freakish one, adding up at the right time for that to even be possible.

Make no mistake about. LSU got absolutely donkey stomped that night. Again, I don't think the gap has closed by enough for them to win in our house. Not happening.

Intramural All-American
09-11-2015, 03:31 PM
I wonder how much differently, if any, all these talking heads would be talking if the score had remained 34-16 last year.

SDDawg
09-11-2015, 04:07 PM
Talent don't mean shit without discipline and a good game plan. Never has, never will.

MSU 31, LSU 20