PDA

View Full Version : Don't Stop Believin', will it continue?

Charlie_Sheen420
09-11-2015, 07:07 AM
Does anyone happen to know if "Don't Stop Believin'" will once again be played between the 3rd and 4th quarter this year? I hope so because it was awesome last year hearing almost the entire stadium getting into it....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37Ecsb_cZyY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wv9Dm1r6728

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oe3-5TVm76Q

hailmari
09-11-2015, 07:10 AM
Never stop believing, Charlie.

godlluB
09-11-2015, 07:11 AM
I'm pretty sure it will, although personally, I hate the song and hope it doesn't.

msstate7
09-11-2015, 07:39 AM
I'm pretty sure it will, although personally, I hate the song and hope it doesn't.

There's zero chance it quits until we lose a game.

Schultzy
09-11-2015, 07:46 AM
They need to que it to get to the vocals quicker bc the instrumentals to start that song are lengthy.

archdog
09-11-2015, 08:00 AM

It is here to stay until we win a national championship, IMHO. Which is good.

Maroons
09-11-2015, 09:08 AM
personally, I hate the song

Wow, I think you're the first person in the history of the world to say that.

sleepy dawg
09-11-2015, 09:22 AM

We already missed a game last year, so that theory is out the window.

Also, I love all of our chants and traditions, but I do get tired of doing the same stuff every game year after year. I wish they'd just do it during big games, so we don't do the exact same ****ing thing every game.

godlluB
09-11-2015, 09:23 AM

Yeah, maybe...and I'm ok with that. I just don't much like Journey.

Jack Lambert
09-11-2015, 09:51 AM
What school can claim starting this? I see several schools do it now. I am pretty sure we at lest started the smart phone lights at night.

Bama_Dawg
09-11-2015, 09:53 AM

Also, I love all of our chants and traditions, but I do get tired of doing the same stuff every game year after year. I wish they'd just do it during big games, so we don't do the exact same ****ing thing every game.

Agreed, we need to phase in and phase out traditions as well. The whole "We got some Dawgs up in here..." is REALLY old and I can do without it. But for "Don't stop believin'" we are in the phase in of that, so I think its here for a while.

Now if they could just change "UpTown Funk" to "Bulldawg Funk"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPf0YbXqDm0

Instead of "Jackson, Mississippi" change it to Starkville, Mississippi
and when he says, "Fill my cup, and put some liquor in it" change it to "Grab my bell, put some CLANGA in it"

So much could be done with that and it could be our Saturday night tradition.

Drewbowski
09-11-2015, 10:08 AM

Same here. I hate that song and playing it seems dumb since we're no longer #1.

Dawgheadcheese
09-11-2015, 10:20 AM

Every college football fan base has the same chants / cheers year after year. Just the way it is.

Really Clark?
09-11-2015, 10:36 AM
Same here. I hate that song and playing it seems dumb since we're no longer #1.

Did we wait to start doing it until we were #1? I don't what that has to do with it.

Bama_Dawg
09-11-2015, 10:37 AM
Did we wait to start doing it until we were #1? I don't what that has to do with it.

If I remember correctly they played it at the USM game to start the season last year. So it didn't have anything to do with being number 1. That was just a bonus mid-year.

AlSwearengen
09-11-2015, 10:38 AM
That song does absolutely nothing to inspire me. It is cool how the whole stadium sings it though. We just need to find a better song and have everyone sing that one.

Maroonbulldog
09-11-2015, 10:39 AM
Does anyone happen to know if "Don't Stop Believin'" will once again be played between the 3rd and 4th quarter this year? I hope so because it was awesome last year hearing almost the entire stadium getting into it....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37Ecsb_cZyY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wv9Dm1r6728

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oe3-5TVm76Q

I believe it won't stop. I think I remember Strickand really liking it and wanted it to become a tradition for us

MSUDawg99
09-11-2015, 10:40 AM
They need to que it to get to the vocals quicker bc the instrumentals to start that song are lengthy.

AGREED!!!

MSUDawg99
09-11-2015, 10:42 AM
What school can claim starting this? I see several schools do it now. I am pretty sure we at lest started the smart phone lights at night.

Southern Miss's band thought they'd be cute & played it at halftime while the announcer started them off by saying "let them hear you all the way in Starkville" & then everyone got their phones out.

Really Clark?
09-11-2015, 10:49 AM
If I remember correctly they played it at the USM game to start the season last year. So it didn't have anything to do with being number 1. That was just a bonus mid-year.

That's right. I should have added*** as I was being sarcastic. Forget to that a lot of times.

Cabo32
09-11-2015, 11:23 AM
That song does absolutely nothing to inspire me. It is cool how the whole stadium sings it though. We just need to find a better song and have everyone sing that one.

Agreed..I hate the song and journey is hot garbage. Wish we could find another song

archdog
09-11-2015, 01:27 PM
We played it the last time LSU was in town. I just remember thinking that it was a weird song to play heading into the 4th quarter. Once I thought about the lyrics I was like, thats cool.

Dawg61
09-11-2015, 02:30 PM
Agreed..I hate the song and journey is hot garbage. Wish we could find another song

Journey is awesome with Steve Perry. Not many songs better known that are family friendly and the cowbells fit perfectly to it. Maybe we can get Steve Perry to show up and sing it for the Egg Bowl. He sings it often at SF Giants games.

Jack Lambert
09-11-2015, 03:54 PM
Journey is awesome with Steve Perry. Not many songs better known that are family friendly and the cowbells fit perfectly to it. Maybe we can get Steve Perry to show up and sing it for the Egg Bowl. He sings it often at SF Giants games.

Some of their older stuff like "anyway you want it" was good.

QuadrupleOption
09-11-2015, 04:19 PM

Nope. I don't like the song either, but I DO like the sing-along at the games.

JDog13
09-11-2015, 04:54 PM

Teenage

Wasteland

Dawgcentral
09-11-2015, 07:08 PM
Teenage

Wasteland

It's Baba O'Reilly, from The Who.

JDog13
09-12-2015, 12:11 AM
It's Baba O'Reilly, from The Who.

I know. I was wording it so the youngsters would get it.

Dawg61
09-12-2015, 02:23 AM
Teenage

Wasteland

This is an awesome idea! Love this song

dawgs
09-12-2015, 03:23 AM

I mean I like weird, ****ed up music, and I'd never be caught dead listening to journey by my choosing, but don't stop believing is one of the great cheesy sing-a-long songs of all-time.

dawgs
09-12-2015, 03:27 AM
I know. I was wording it so the youngsters would get it.

Baba o'reilly is not a good song for 60K people to sing along to simultaneously. Is it a better song? Sure. But I think there's a lot of songs way better than anything the who thought about writing but are not suited for awesome stadium karaoke sessions.

Maroonthirteen
09-12-2015, 05:56 AM
The greatness of this song playing during the auburn game was that it was at a late point in the game where we were trying to hold the lead.

The song itself is...meh. But if we play this song every game, regardless of opponent and situation, doesn't that make playing the song and the sing along contrived.

Dawgcentral
09-12-2015, 07:22 AM
It is cheesy. But somehow that's what makes it enjoyable to me.

Haven't really like Journey since I was a teen.

Schultzy
09-12-2015, 08:01 AM

I like the cheesy aspect of it too, especially since the Entire north end zone sings "born and raised in south Detroit!". That just makes me laugh.

For some reason I didn't like Journey in the 80's but appreciate them more now. That "Oh, Sherry" video was on MTV all the time back then, she was pretty hot, Not "Cherry Pie" hot but still kinda hot.

Dawg61
09-12-2015, 11:08 AM

Take On Me by Aha is another great cheesy song for everyone to sing to. Nats play it every 7th inning stretch.

dawgs
09-12-2015, 11:51 AM
Take On Me by Aha is another great cheesy song for everyone to sing to. Nats play it every 7th inning stretch.

i haven't lived in DC in 2 years, so don't know if they still do it. it was micheal morse's walk up song. it was so awesome when the nats clinched the division for the first time in 2012 as he's coming to bat and the whole crowd is going crazy celebrating and starts singing along spontaneously. that's when they started it.

Dawg61
09-12-2015, 11:56 AM
i haven't lived in DC in 2 years, so don't know if they still do it. it was micheal morse's walk up song. it was so awesome when the nats clinched the division for the first time in 2012 as he's coming to bat and the whole crowd is going crazy celebrating and starts singing along spontaneously. that's when they started it.

Supposedly Nats fans love it so much they've kept on playing it after Morse left.

dawgs
09-12-2015, 11:58 AM
Supposedly Nats fans love it so much they've kept on playing it after Morse left.

well yeah, i just haven't heard it on tv this year. i know they did it in 2013 and heard it a few times on tv last year too. of course the nats collapsing probably doesn't really have anyone in the mood to sing this year.

JDog13
09-12-2015, 08:00 PM
Baba o'reilly is not a good song for 60K people to sing along to simultaneously. Is it a better song? Sure. But I think there's a lot of songs way better than anything the who thought about writing but are not suited for awesome stadium karaoke sessions.

I was joking anyway

Charlie_Sheen420
09-13-2015, 04:54 PM
Whether you love it or hate it, you have to admit last night when it was played, it cranked up the entire stadium, and the team fed off that energy. It's here to stay, and it was once again awesome last night atmosphere wise once it played and throughout the 4th quarter.....the loss still sucks though