PDA

View Full Version : Baseball game at Biloxi Shuckers park

MsStateBaseball
09-10-2015, 10:54 PM
Is April 20th versus Louisiana Monroe. This is a Wednesday then we play at LSU on that Friday. That being said I doubt we go down there every year, only when we play at LSU. We must still play at South Alabama bc of big alumni area and big recruiting area for us (Mobile).

IMO, we have to play Memphis and SA for alumni and recruiting areas.

Full schedule to be released next Tuesday, expect to play in LA at dodgertown Classic versus UCLA, USC and another team, come home and play Oregon then play at Vanderbilt. Tough 3 week stretch.

Todd4State
09-10-2015, 10:58 PM
Sweet! Kind of what I expected- although ULM wasn't one of my most likely teams- I figured South Alabama, USM, or Tulane would have been the most likely opponent. I'm just glad it's not USM.

I think Biloxi is going to want us to play at least once there every year.

bulldogcountry1
09-11-2015, 07:05 AM
I was hoping we would minimize away "neutral" games because of the big difference in RPI credit.

Todd4State
09-11-2015, 05:53 PM
I was hoping we would minimize away "neutral" games because of the big difference in RPI credit.

If we play Memphis and South Alabama in their respective cities, those should count as road games.

I think we should at the very least continue to play Ole Miss and USM in Jackson and then one game against someone like ULM in Biloxi every year. Those games are good for the fans and for the program.

State82
09-11-2015, 09:23 PM
If we play Memphis and South Alabama in their respective cities, those should count as road games.

They definitely should, but didn't the Memphis game at Autozone Park count as a neutral site? I thought I remembered some discussion about that and how ridiculous it was. Could be wrong though.

Todd4State
09-11-2015, 09:31 PM
They definitely should, but didn't the Memphis game at Autozone Park count as a neutral site? I thought I remembered some discussion about that and how ridiculous it was. Could be wrong though.

There was definitely discussion of it, and yes to consider that a neutral site game is ridiculous. But the thing to remember about RPI sites is they are basically estimating and not official- and yes, they're usually pretty close. But in that case it may have been more about the RPI site erring on the side of caution.

msstate7
09-11-2015, 09:34 PM
Those games are good for the fans and for the program.

Yep