PDA

View Full Version : Take a look at Junction Cam.............

Liverpooldawg
09-10-2015, 07:51 PM
I just did at 7:42. The line for the Cowbell Yell looks like it goes back all the way to Dorman. There is a lot more to this record attempt than you might think. Steve Brandon, the guy behind it, is a member of our Rotary Club. I had lunch with him today at our meeting. It took him 5-10 minutes to describe all the hoops they had to jump through. Let's just say it involves: proctor training, one for every 60 people ringing a bell; travel expenses from New York for the record book people; an accounting firm (a Big Six firm was recommended but they skimped there); airborne video coverage; ground video coverage; printing up over 20,000 armbands; and a bunch of other crap I can't remember off the top of my head. Obviously there was more than a bit of money involved. Steve was obviously a donor but there are others. Thanks to all of them.

Liverpooldawg
09-10-2015, 07:53 PM
Its thinned out a good bit now. Looks like the logistics
Steve described are working.

Rayburn8
09-10-2015, 08:04 PM
There is a fairly large crowd. The line moved quickly I was back at Dorman, I got in the stadium in about 10 minutes.

CadaverDawg
09-10-2015, 08:34 PM
Pics?

Liverpooldawg
09-10-2015, 09:35 PM
Pics are all over twitter. By the way, Steve said that during the conference call with the record book people they said not only did we have to have a method of counting the bells, we had to make sure that every person with a bell had a drumstick to play it with. Steve said, in effect, we don't need no stinking sticks. They were confused. He said wait till you get here. LOL!

DancingRabbit
09-10-2015, 09:46 PM
Clanga !!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/COlhtkzWsAA16Lk.jpg

godlluB
09-10-2015, 10:35 PM
I got there about 30 minutes after the gates opened, and the line was still the length of the stadium, but moved pretty quickly.

By the way, we broke the record 5,748.

Liverpooldawg
09-10-2015, 10:50 PM
I'm a bit disappointed in that total, we can do better. There is no way to ever certify it but I would say the REAL record was at the Auburn game last year.

mstatefan91
09-10-2015, 10:54 PM
We got low balled on the record. I was there. There was easily 10,000 ringing. The people with cowbells (they divided sections into people with and people without cowbells) filled the student section and nearly filled a section on the west side. Idk where Guinness World Records learned to count cause they screwed the count up horribly.

starkvegasdawg
09-10-2015, 10:56 PM
I'm a bit disappointed in that total, we can do better. There is no way to ever certify it but I would say the REAL record was at the Auburn game last year.

Was it ever explained why this wasn't done at the game Saturday when the number would have been closer to 60,000? It sucks when the record is nowhere close to the record.

Liverpooldawg
09-10-2015, 10:56 PM
If anyone went in without an armband, they weren't counted.

godlluB
09-10-2015, 10:58 PM
My guess after seeing the crowd was 6500. There were a few hundred more there without bells.

I think one thing that hurt it a little was the late start. I suspect here were a lot of townies who would have come and brought their families, but being out until 10pm on a school night just isn't going to happen for most of them. I left one of my kids at home studying for a test.

I also wonder if the Mac McAnally concert had much effect. My wife went to the concert instead of Cowbell Yell.

Liverpooldawg
09-10-2015, 11:03 PM
Was it ever explained why this wasn't done at the game Saturday when the number would have been closer to 60,000? It sucks when the record is nowhere close to the record.

After hearing Steve talk about what it took to get the record certified, there is NO way it could ever be done at a game. PERIOD.

mstatefan91
09-10-2015, 11:05 PM
My guess after seeing the crowd was 6500. There were a few hundred more there without bells.

I think one thing that hurt it a little was the late start. I suspect here were a lot of townies who would have come and brought their families, but being out until 10pm on a school night just isn't going to happen for most of them. I left one of my kids at home studying for a test.

I also wonder if the Mac McAnally concert had much effect. My wife went to the concert instead of Cowbell Yell.

This was actually an early start for cowbell yell. It is typically held at 10 pm on a Friday but was moved to an earlier 9 pm start due to it being a school night.

Harrydawg
09-10-2015, 11:10 PM
I went to Mac and he was great. It ended at 9:00 so everyone could walk to the stadium.

The Mac crowd was only about 2oo or so

Dawgtini
09-11-2015, 07:21 AM
This was actually an early start for cowbell yell. It is typically held at 10 pm on a Friday but was moved to an earlier 9 pm start due to it being a school night.
Being a Thursday is why I and my 5 girls didn't make it. Had it been Friday night, we could've skipped their HS ballgame to make it.
Maybe we can coord another attempt during the spring game. Better timing for families.

Ralph
09-11-2015, 09:04 AM
http://gameday.msstate.edu/webcam.php