PDA

View Full Version : Tell me your thoughts on these statements I just read about our RB's....

CadaverDawg
07-18-2013, 09:37 PM
From a "MSU fan".....

1. Griffin will not play this season, unless late in the year and be done.

2. Milton is better than JRob by a good bit.

3. JRob is a bigger L. Perkins

Go...

Homedawg
07-18-2013, 09:54 PM
From a "MSU fan".....

Go...
1-don't know
2-false
3-true

Coach34
07-18-2013, 09:57 PM
1. Bullshit- he'll be ready sooner than later, but no idea if he can regain his old form

2. JRob has lost some weight- 15 pounds or so I hear

3. Not anymore

CadaverDawg
07-18-2013, 10:01 PM

Not sure if you thought I said "bigger", but he said "Milton is better than JRob by a good bit"...

What's your thoughts on that?

msstate7
07-18-2013, 10:01 PM
1. Bullshit- he'll be ready sooner than later, but no idea if he can regain his old form

3. Not anymore

Does Robinson losing weight help or hurt him? Think losing weight equals losing power?

hailmari
07-18-2013, 10:02 PM
Nick acts as if he'll be ready for OSU, so at least he's planning for it.

Coach34
07-18-2013, 10:09 PM
Not sure if you thought I said "bigger", but he said "Milton is better than JRob by a good bit"...

oh shit- I did misread that. Supposedly he has dropped some weight to help with lateral cuts

uhhh no. JRob is the #2 and should be given more carries. Milton aint bad either, but there was a reason JRob averaged 6 ypc last year

CadaverDawg
07-18-2013, 10:12 PM
oh shit- I did misread that. Supposedly he has dropped some weight to help with lateral cuts

uhhh no. JRob is the #2 and should be given more carries. Milton aint bad either, but there was a reason JRob averaged 6 ypc last year

Ha, I figured you misread it, and I knew you would share my thoughts.

Pollodawg
07-18-2013, 11:26 PM
JRob runs with way more power and attitude than Perkins does. I don't know where the guy got that JRob was just a "fat Perkins" Stupid statement is stupid.

Homedawg
07-18-2013, 11:32 PM

I misread it too. Sorry thought it said Robinson is bigger than Perkins. He is- he's thicker. But not in a bad way. That guy is legit.

CadaverDawg
07-18-2013, 11:51 PM
JRob runs with way more power and attitude than Perkins does. I don't know where the guy got that JRob was just a "fat Perkins" Stupid statement is stupid.

Would it make more sense if I revealed the poster as "Sandman"?

Esmerelda Villalobos
07-18-2013, 11:53 PM
I hope griffin redshirts. He has has what, 3 surgeries? I mean, we give him what, 35 carries a year? Sr rb returning?

Redshirt his ass. No need to play him this year

Pollodawg
07-19-2013, 12:03 AM
Would it make more sense if I revealed the poster as "Sandman"?

Yes. Yes it would. Good Lord some of our fans need to get a grip.

CadaverDawg
07-19-2013, 12:05 AM
I hope griffin redshirts. He has has what, 3 surgeries? I mean, we give him what, 35 carries a year? Sr rb returning?

I agree. I don't think we will, but I definitely would be in favor of a redshirt. We already have Perk, JRob, Milton and even Shumpert if needed...so there's no reason to waste his season. According to his comments, he is 100% ready to go, but I expect nothing less.

Esmerelda Villalobos
07-19-2013, 12:09 AM
I think he is ready to go and our best back but would help the team more next year. Hope he sits out but knowing players, he will want to play. Prob doesnt matter with jron, milt and shump behind him

messageboardsuperhero
07-19-2013, 12:10 AM
I do hate that Griffin's been hurt, not just for the team, but for him personally. If anyone deserves to catch a break and have success, it's him.

msstate7
07-19-2013, 06:11 AM
What will we do with Ashton this fall? Rb? Redshirt? Safety? With rb being a deep position I hope we give him a look at safety.

hailmari
07-19-2013, 07:21 AM
I kinda hope Shump is better and used on defense even though I've only seen him play once- the MS-AL game. He looked just okay at RB to me there.. I liked how he jumped right back up after getting blown up by Reuben Foster, though.

I really hope Nick can pull it off, he could be a beast if his knees would hold up.

Bo Darville
07-19-2013, 07:58 AM

Griffin cannot redshirt because I believe he already has. We could however, hold him out all year, then later apply for the 6th year of eligibility due to medical hardship.

bulldawg28
07-19-2013, 08:07 AM
I kinda hope Shump is better and used on defense even though I've only seen him play once- the MS-AL game. He looked just okay at RB to me there.. I liked how he jumped right back up after getting blown up by Reuben Foster, though.

I really hope Nick can pull it off, he could be a beast if his knees would hold up.

That wasn't Shumpert that was blown up. Shumpert actually ran over Foster and hurt him during the game.

MSUDawg4Life
07-19-2013, 08:10 AM
I do hate that Griffin's been hurt, not just for the team, but for him personally. If anyone deserves to catch a break and have success, it's him.

Agreed. He's seems to be a great guy that has just had his brushes with misfortune. I'd love to seem him have a great year.

FISHDAWG
07-19-2013, 09:05 AM
From a "MSU fan".....

Go...

4. Perkins kicks all their butts when it comes to receiving

MSUDawg4Life
07-19-2013, 09:08 AM
4. Perkins kicks all their butts when it comes to receiving

Pickup up the blitz too. That's important when you have our QB.

Coach34
07-19-2013, 09:34 AM
Pickup up the blitz too. That's important when you have our QB.

pass blocking has been a weakness of JRob and Milton...they worked hard on it this Spring

Coach34
07-19-2013, 09:35 AM

Shumpert is supposedly more of a LB than a safety. He needs to RS- there is nowhere for him to get reps

MSUDawg4Life
07-19-2013, 09:42 AM
Shumpert is supposedly more of a LB than a safety. He needs to RS- there is nowhere for him to get reps

I would love to see Shumpert redshirt and we get Aeris Williams. I think that would be an awesome RB duo.