PDA

View Full Version : Saw today we have sold all of our season tickets for football

starkvegasdawg
09-09-2015, 02:13 PM
That got me to wondering...how many seats do you think we could expand by right now before we started being unable to sell out the big games like LSU, Bama, etc.? Think we could go to 70K...80K? Somewhere in between or over 80K? I'm thinking this year we would probably hit that ceiling between 70-72K, but that if we have another year this year like we had last year then by next season that may be in the 75-80K range.

Dawg496
09-09-2015, 02:22 PM
Depends what kind of seats.. I think we could sell out another club level (which is like 2k or so seats) fairly easily. We could also sell out twice as many skyboxes we have.. not sure what the capacity numbers on those count as, though. Same with basically all premium seating.

The rest unless it was lower level is pretty unattractive I would think.

Mjoelner34
09-09-2015, 02:25 PM
Depends what kind of seats.. I think we could sell out another club level (which is like 2k or so seats) fairly easily. We could also sell out twice as many skyboxes we have.. not sure what the capacity numbers on those count as, though. Same with basically all premium seating.

The rest unless it was lower level is pretty unattractive I would think.

I think I saw something the other day where Stricklin said there was actually a higher demand for the expensive premium seats than there were for the cheap seats. I don't think thats a bad problem to have.

Jack Lambert
09-09-2015, 02:31 PM
I think I saw something the other day where Stricklin said there was actually a higher demand for the expensive premium seats than there were for the cheap seats. I don't think thats a bad problem to have.

I went from top dawg to Bulldog Club Contribution seats. I know a lot of people who up graded. I bought Season tickets for 1992 to 2003 and stopped for a few years. When I got back in I went to Top Dawg just to get my feet wet again. I have move up to better seats. One day I will up grade again.

I think a lot of people are hoping in to get their feet wet.

Lloyd Christmas
09-09-2015, 03:07 PM

It kind of makes you wonder why we don't put in a cool structure in the other endzone for club seats. We could finally have a real tunnel over there too

Liverpooldawg
09-09-2015, 03:13 PM
If all they want to do is premium seats the the south end zone would be by far the easiest way to go. My understanding though is the plan is actually to make the west side more like the east side. The stuff I have seen shows a small grandstand on the south end that stays lower than the M Club windows. The north end shows a full upper deck.

TUSK
09-09-2015, 04:45 PM
That got me to wondering...how many seats do you think we could expand by right now before we started being unable to sell out the big games like LSU, Bama, etc.? Think we could go to 70K...80K? Somewhere in between or over 80K? I'm thinking this year we would probably hit that ceiling between 70-72K, but that if we have another year this year like we had last year then by next season that may be in the 75-80K range.

I can't speak for LSU, but yall could sell out a home game with Bammer if Scott Field had the capacity of the Talladega Superspeedway...

edit: to answer your question, (with the stated improvement) I believe yall could be in the 75-80K range for "big" games....

TaleofTwoDogs
09-09-2015, 04:53 PM
If they expand Davis-Wade they better build a parking garage or two. Parking is already a nightmare.

Dawgcentral
09-09-2015, 05:22 PM
If all they want to do is premium seats the the south end zone would be by far the easiest way to go. My understanding though is the plan is actually to make the west side more like the east side. The stuff I have seen shows a small grandstand on the south end that stays lower than the M Club windows. The north end shows a full upper deck.

I've seen this coming also, and i hate to see it happen.

Those open air quarter deck seats, to me, are the best in the stadium. I know people love the club level east, and also the new endzone suites, gridiron, etc...

But those seats in the quarter deck have leg room like most wouldn't believe. You're out of the wet weather, and they have great access to restrooms and concessions. I've sat all over that stadium over the years, except the west upper deck and the new end zone seating. I just hate to see the quarter decks go club level and be enclosed.