PDA

View Full Version : Awesome feature coming during the game Saturday...

CadaverDawg
09-09-2015, 08:58 AM
Just heard Tom Luginbill on OOB, and he said during the game he's going to stand field level, with the mic about 10 feet away... This will simulate a snap and communication for Brandon Harris in the Torture Chamber with 60,000 cowbells.

This is a really cool feature.

Thoughts?

(Will it eventually lead to us losing bells? Hope not. Better ring responsibly)

Lumpy Chucklelips
09-09-2015, 09:17 AM
I'm sure he'll do it when LSU is on our 3 yard line in the 4th qtr with us up 23-17 with 4:53 to play.

BorneDawg
09-09-2015, 09:18 AM
read or heard somewhere last year that we was louder when all yelling than when ringing! but either way its going to be loud.....

Bama_Dawg
09-09-2015, 09:24 AM
Again, another thing that Les can whine about when they lose. Just like Day last year...they play dirty, now it will be "the bells shouldn't be allowed".

Day got suspended, I expect a big fine for the bells on Saturday no matter how responsible we are. Les will whine about it until he gets his way.

shannondawg
09-09-2015, 09:31 AM
Les said he didn't mind cowbells, wish they could have some..

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-09-2015, 09:36 AM
Les said he didn't mind cowbells, wish they could have some...

mstatefan91
09-09-2015, 09:36 AM
That was him just playing it off for his new QB.

Trust me, he will whine in private after the game.

TrapGame
09-09-2015, 09:40 AM
Yep, we win and the SEC commish gets an earful from Les about cowbells.

Liverpooldawg
09-09-2015, 09:40 AM
Our stadium would become louder if bells were ever well and truly banned. In the big games it is noticeably louder when we put the bells down and start yelling when the center gets over the ball.

Political Hack
09-09-2015, 09:46 AM
The bells are a great advantage right now because the noise never stops. ring when you're not yelling and yell when you're not ringing. It's constant. the sudden stoppage of the bells in unison and transition to something louder (yelling) makes for one of the best venues in the nation. It's pretty remarkable that 65,000 can follow the rules like that and there's nothing else like it in college football.

drummerdawg
09-09-2015, 09:46 AM
Our stadium would become louder if bells were ever well and truly banned. In the big games it is noticeably louder when we put the bells down and start yelling when the center gets over the ball.

That's false.

Jack Lambert
09-09-2015, 09:55 AM
The bells are a great advantage right now because the noise never stops. ring when you're not yelling and yell when you're not ringing. It's constant. the sudden stoppage of the bells in unison and transition to something louder (yelling) makes for one of the best venues in the nation. It's pretty remarkable that 65,000 can follow the rules like that and there's nothing else like it in college football.

^This^

BrunswickDawg
09-09-2015, 09:57 AM

THIS ^ - The sound is just non-stop the whole game. It is relentless. Bells, to yells, back to bells, etc. No one else can produce noise like that in the country. The AU game was a real awakening for me about the impact our atmosphere can have. And TV doesn't do it justice. We could always get loud, but now it really is a Torture Chamber.

rabbitthedawg
09-09-2015, 10:03 AM
An Auburn fan sitting not far from us last year told me that the bell to yell was something like he'd never heard. It was awesome!!

Liverpooldawg
09-09-2015, 10:18 AM
That's false.

Not where I've been sitting it isn't. I've sat in a bunch of different spots too. I've been told it's even more pronounced on the field. A lot of bell noise is directed upward because of how the bells are held. Yell noise is directed in the direction you are looking, straight at the play. I agree with hack though, the sudden transition is awesome and it isn't something that teams are at all used too. In every other place the same type of noise builds to a crescendo.

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
09-09-2015, 10:26 AM
agreed. the yelling is louder, but it can't be sustained without breaks - enter the cowbell. vocal chords wear out but cowbells go all night. The cowbell rule essentially gave us a definitive cue of when to switch.

The next step should be some video instruction of how to cup your hands over the mouth to direct sound towards the field when yelling. However, I do find myself having to stick my cowbell b/w my legs to get both hands free.. Same goes w/ ringing, I know the ppl in front of me hate me for it but I try to aim the barrel of my bell towards the field rather than straight up in the air.

AlSwearengen
09-09-2015, 10:31 AM
An Auburn fan sitting not far from us last year told me that the bell to yell was something like he'd never heard. It was awesome!!

"Bell to Yell". Needs to grow legs for some of our hard headed fans.

archdog
09-09-2015, 10:32 AM
Got to go with the arm pit hold.

PMDawg
09-09-2015, 11:28 AM
Not where I've been sitting it isn't. I've sat in a bunch of different spots too. I've been told it's even more pronounced on the field. A lot of bell noise is directed upward because of how the bells are held. Yell noise is directed in the direction you are looking, straight at the play. I agree with hack though, the sudden transition is awesome and it isn't something that teams are at all used too. In every other place the same type of noise builds to a crescendo.

But can you tell how tall our QB is based on shadows, camera angles, and depth perception?

War Machine Dawg
09-09-2015, 11:39 AM

http://i.imgur.com/JiC5KOU.gif

Dawgtini
09-09-2015, 12:31 PM

This is so true. It is awesome to experience at the game, but was even noticeable on the TV coverage when I would rewatch the games later. Unique to us for sure.

Jack Lambert
09-09-2015, 12:55 PM
Can we be blamed for what ESPN does?

Jack Lambert
09-09-2015, 12:57 PM
Yep, we win and the SEC commish gets an earful from Les about cowbells.

I don't think he carries as much weight with the SEC as he use to.

Dawgbite
09-09-2015, 12:58 PM
agreed. the yelling is louder, but it can't be sustained without breaks - enter the cowbell. vocal chords wear out but cowbells go all night. The cowbell rule essentially gave us a definitive cue of when to switch.

The next step should be some video instruction of how to cup your hands over the mouth to direct sound towards the field when yelling. However, I do find myself having to stick my cowbell b/w my legs to get both hands free.. Same goes w/ ringing, I know the ppl in front of me hate me for it but I try to aim the barrel of my bell towards the field rather than straight up in the air.
I point the open end of my bell at the field also, thought I was the only one. Could you imagine the noise if everybody did this?

BulldogBear
09-09-2015, 02:52 PM

Ive been bringing the same little megaphone for 34 years!

Barking 13
09-09-2015, 11:11 PM
Deaf Valley

sandwolf
09-10-2015, 12:27 AM
..........the sudden stoppage of the bells in unison and transition to something louder (yelling) makes for one of the best venues in the nation. It's pretty remarkable that 65,000 can follow the rules like that and there's nothing else like it in college football.

Completely agree. Sounds pretty awesome when everyone is ringing them in unison to the beat of a song too. The cowbells are unique and they help to give us a great venue that stands out in college football.

bulldawg28
09-10-2015, 02:33 AM
From playing inside of the stadium I can tell you that the bells are not as loud as they are made to be. It's as @Hack said the constant sound of bells and fans versus sporadic cheering that makes it uncomfortable to play in.

FanninDawg
09-10-2015, 07:26 AM
Deaf Valley

great!