PDA

View Full Version : 2 seniors, 2 juniors, and a sophomore OL this year, 4 seniors and a Jr next year.....

Goat Holder
07-18-2013, 02:25 PM
2013 and 2014 are about to be some great years to be an MSU football fan.

I hope the JUCOs pan out in 2015 for Prescott. It's going to be them, Malone and a junior Justin Senior. Might get ugly. But at least they'll also be redshirted juniors. Surely in the next two years some of the younger guys will emerge.....Desper, Carter, Thomas, Flowers, Clayborn. Need to find another Gabe Jackson/Derek Sherrod in there that can play as a redshirt sophomore.

FISHDAWG
07-18-2013, 02:27 PM
we seem to be targeting OL in this years cruitin

Pollodawg
07-18-2013, 11:12 PM
2013 and 2014 are about to be some great years to be an MSU football fan.

I hope the JUCOs pan out in 2015 for Prescott. It's going to be them, Malone and a junior Justin Senior. Might get ugly. But at least they'll also be redshirted juniors. Surely in the next two years some of the younger guys will emerge.....Desper, Carter, Thomas, Flowers, Clayborn. Need to find another Gabe Jackson/Derek Sherrod in there that can play as a redshirt sophomore.

I think a lot of folks are counting us out this season and will end sorry that they did.

missouridawg
07-19-2013, 08:01 AM
Don't forget about Kent Flowers and Jake Thomas. Both of those guys should be pretty good on the OL after a few years here.

Esmerelda Villalobos
07-19-2013, 08:23 AM
I dont think thomas will ever be that good. Flowers should be a hoss if he can stay in school.

MSUDawg4Life
07-19-2013, 08:39 AM
Say what? I think Jake Thomas is our future at LT. Differences of opinion, I guess.

msstate7
07-19-2013, 08:56 AM
Say what? I think Jake Thomas is our future at LT. Differences of opinion, I guess.

Yeah I'd agree with you. Jake Thomas was a huge get for us.

FISHDAWG
07-19-2013, 08:58 AM
when you look down the road a few years in advance - you don't see a big drop off ahead like in years gone by, but a steady supply of serviceable (or improved) talent .... yeah, I think Mullen CAN recruit

Goat Holder
07-19-2013, 09:10 AM
Only hole I see is the one we're having to recruit JUCOs to fill now....the 2011 class. Losing Redmond and Maiden hurt, but who knows if they are any good. We should be recruiting JUCOs every year anyway I suppose.

Just like we stock up on pitchers in baseball......we should stock up on OL in football. Always have too many. This is one way to 'think outside the box' like I always preach about. OL is the heart of your football team. Without it, you can't do shit.

Esmerelda Villalobos
07-20-2013, 08:36 AM
Why do yall think he will be good. He was less than impressive last year. Just because he was a 4 star from the start doesnt make him great. I think he is a low 3 star type player that will contribute down the road but never be special. He got dominated against good competition.

Demdawgs
07-20-2013, 11:45 AM
I dont think thomas will ever be that good. Flowers should be a hoss if he can stay in school.

Agreed.