PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Tweets By Matt Miller about Derrick Henry

ShotgunDawg
09-08-2015, 10:49 PM
Matt Miller is a pretty good follow on twitter. He is the lead draft guy for Bleacher Report & does a good job breaking down players.

Tonight, he broke down Derrick Henry & it was interesting. I've never been a big Henry fan, but have struggled to put my finger on why, since Bama running backs are difficult to evaluate sometimes because of all the talent around them.

Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout 36m36 minutes ago
Didn't expect to see this, but Derrick Henry really doesn't hit the hole very hard for 241 pounds. A little timid vs Wisconsin

Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout 33m33 minutes ago
Even on Derrick Henry's long TD run, he's wading through the mud waiting for an opening. Just not explosive or elusive at the LOS.

Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout 23m23 minutes ago
Charted the entire Alabama game, saw Derrick Henry cut back once. He hits the called rushing lane or runs into the pile majority of the time

One Bama fan got upset and he responded

Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout 20m20 minutes ago
Matt Miller retweeted CALVINAUSTIN
I'm being critical of Henry because that's my job.

wasabaka
09-08-2015, 10:52 PM
Trent Richardson 2.0 in the making?

ShotgunDawg
09-08-2015, 11:00 PM
Trent Richardson 2.0 in the making?

That's what It appears and could give Bama major problems against good defensive lines this year.

Yeldon was a different beast because of his lateral quickness and shiftiness

SDDawg
09-08-2015, 11:03 PM
Henry is no Yeldon, no question about that.

dawgs
09-08-2015, 11:20 PM
i agree with that. obviously didn't watch all of the bama game, but henry plays much smaller than 240 lbs and doesn't have the explosiveness and vision of a quicker back.

Ralph
09-08-2015, 11:39 PM
What does Matt Miller think about Shea Patterson?*

Just kidding but I agree there that something extra missing with Henry but he'll continue to be a challenging college RB. Still think he's fun to watch at times just bc of his size.

Dawg61
09-09-2015, 12:27 AM
Henry is bigger and faster than just about every LB and DB in the country. He's like Miles Jack at UCLA. Just too damn big and too fast to stop for average sized college players. He doesn't possess crazy shiftiness because he isn't forced too.

TUSK
09-09-2015, 07:09 AM
Dude is right... If you can make contact with Henry at or within a few yards of the LOS, he goes down easily for a big dude.... However, if he gets to the 2nd level, LBs and DBs can't run with him and need help tackling him...

He's not Yeldon or Lacy, but he'll do, especially when he's got Drake, Harris and Scarbourgh to help him out...

I've seen a couple teams literally quit trying to tackle him....