PDA

View Full Version : Lot of folks complaining about MSU and Tenn in the poll

blacklistedbully
09-08-2015, 04:14 PM
My reply:

Here are the "others receiving votes" contenders:
Wisconsin - Had been #20, lost badly, dropped to #26
BYU - beat then #34, now below #41 Nebraska on a Hail Mary, bumped up 13 spots to #27
Northwestern - beat then #21, now #41 Stanford in close game at home, went from not in top 44 to #28
Arizona St. -beat soundly by TAMU
Oklahoma St.- had to rally past unranked Central Michigan
West Virginia -beat nowhere near-ranked Georgia Southern and moved up 10 spots
Florida - beat nowhere near-ranked NM State and moved up 4 spots.
Temple - beat then #31, now not ranked Penn State and moved up at least 12 spots to #33
Cincinnati - beat nowhere near-ranked FCS SWAC team and dropped from #33 to #34.
Kansas St. - beat nowhere near-ranked FCS South Dakota and stayed at #35
Minnesota - lost
N.C. State - beat a nowhere near-ranked Troy team at home, stayed at #37
Louisville - lost
W. Kentucky - Beat unranked Vandy (WVU was favored), yet nearly lost, and got bumped 3 spots
California - beat FCS SWAC team Grambling State at home, bumped 3 spots to #43
Stanford -lost

Exactly who do you think deserves to be in the T25 instead this week, and why?

Treemydawg
09-08-2015, 04:17 PM
To hell with um.

blacklistedbully
09-08-2015, 04:18 PM
And this exchange:

Wareo said: ↑
So Miss St beats a bad team and gets ranked and NW beats a top 25 team and barely gets any votes. Tenn gives up 550 yards to Bowling Green and moves up. I think the other 8 teams deserve to be ranked atm
Miss State was #26 prior to the game, went on the road and won by 18 (should have been more like 32) versus a Southern Miss team that LIVES for this game, and we rose by 1 position to #25.

My reply:
Stanford may have been a ranked team last week, but they are not this week, and they weren't highly-ranked last week. There's only so much bump a team can get from beating then #21, especially at home. Stanford is now #41, and it was a close game. NW was not in the Top 44, they are now #28, so saw a bump of at least 17 spots. As a point of reference, TAMU WHIPPED then #15, now #29 ASU, and moved up 11 spots from #27 to #16.

NW got a bigger bump than any other team. How is that unfair?

Johnson85
09-08-2015, 04:26 PM
I don't think anybody deserves to be ranked because nobody knows anything.

That said, neither of the polls look crazy to me. Obviously there's a lot to argue over, but I can at least understand how all but a few teams got there.

blacklistedbully
09-08-2015, 04:35 PM
I agree and have long felt the first poll shouldn't come out until at least 2 or 3 weeks into the season. That said, I find it amusing so many people can get outraged about us going from #26 to #25, yet can't give a logical reason why any of the 15+ teams below us receiving votes should be ahead of us.

The folks bitching about NorthWestern seem to think it's not enough to go from #45 or worse to #28 based on a win over then #21, now #41 Stanford. NW literally got a much bigger bump than anyone else in the polls. They moved up at least 17 spots compared to our 1-spot.

Liverpooldawg
09-08-2015, 05:50 PM
Just win.

Dawgowar
09-08-2015, 07:21 PM
Just win.

100% agree - win and everything falls into place. Very simple equalizer.

archdog
09-08-2015, 07:24 PM
Win by 1 point Saturday and we will climb to at least number 23. Let's get it done.

TUSK
09-08-2015, 09:57 PM
My reply:

Here are the "others receiving votes" contenders:
Wisconsin - Had been #20, lost badly, dropped to #26
BYU - beat then #34, now below #41 Nebraska on a Hail Mary, bumped up 13 spots to #27
Northwestern - beat then #21, now #41 Stanford in close game at home, went from not in top 44 to #28
Arizona St. -beat soundly by TAMU
Oklahoma St.- had to rally past unranked Central Michigan
West Virginia -beat nowhere near-ranked Georgia Southern and moved up 10 spots
Florida - beat nowhere near-ranked NM State and moved up 4 spots.
Temple - beat then #31, now not ranked Penn State and moved up at least 12 spots to #33
Cincinnati - beat nowhere near-ranked FCS SWAC team and dropped from #33 to #34.
Kansas St. - beat nowhere near-ranked FCS South Dakota and stayed at #35
Minnesota - lost
N.C. State - beat a nowhere near-ranked Troy team at home, stayed at #37
Louisville - lost
W. Kentucky - Beat unranked Vandy (WVU was favored), yet nearly lost, and got bumped 3 spots
California - beat FCS SWAC team Grambling State at home, bumped 3 spots to #43
Stanford -lost

Exactly who do you think deserves to be in the T25 instead this week, and why?

When did we go from "Top 20" to "Top 25"?

blacklistedbully
09-08-2015, 10:10 PM
When did we go from "Top 20" to "Top 25"?