PDA

View Full Version : Listening to Local New Orleans Radio today, there isn't much optimism for Sat...

RougeDawg
09-08-2015, 01:58 PM
And They are already building in excuses. A few of which are 1) They didn't get to play and get the entire team meaningful reps this past week; 2) MSU got a more than gimme road win with much more of a test than expected; 3) even though LSU is -3 Vegas Odds, MSU has won the last two games outright they were home underdogs.

Living down this way for my 7th football season, this is the least amount of enthusiasm I've witnessed and it's not even close to other years. Just seems odd to not have had any coworkers even bring up the game at all, as of 2:00 PM CDT today. It's as if they know what most of us on here know and they are dreading 2 straight L's from lowly MSU. Even had some close buddies back out of going to the game a month ago.

Jack Lambert
09-08-2015, 02:04 PM
They probably watched our run defense and know that's their bread and butter. Brown, Jefferson, James, Jones are men.

Coach34
09-08-2015, 02:04 PM
I threw out a bait pot to my corndog friends on Facebook and hardly any took it...just didnt respond. They are all secretly worried

smootness
09-08-2015, 02:06 PM
The best aspect of our defense is the run defense. Fournette is phenomenal, but he's a very north-south, smash-mouth runner. And that is what we defend best.

We will slow Fournette down, Harris will struggle against our pass rush, and our offense will look entirely different from what we saw against USM. We will roll.

msstate7
09-08-2015, 02:40 PM
The best aspect of our defense is the run defense. Fournette is phenomenal, but he's a very north-south, smash-mouth runner. And that is what we defend best.

We will slow Fournette down, Harris will struggle against our pass rush, and our offense will look entirely different from what we saw against USM. We will roll.

I wish I felt the same confidence as you. I think the game will be close.

RougeDawg
09-08-2015, 02:46 PM
I wish I felt the same confidence as you. I think the game will be close.

If this game is close we are looking at 4 to 5 guaranteed SEC losses. Bama and Auburn are better than LSU and road games @Mizzou and Ark are all likely L's if this game is close. A&M will also be tough. LSU is our best matchup for our defense. Our offense should put up the same, if not better, stats as last year and it's at home. Based on all factors above we should win by double digits minimum or it's going to be a long year.

starkvegasdawg
09-08-2015, 02:54 PM
If this game is close we are looking at 4 to 5 guaranteed SEC losses. Bama and Auburn are better than LSU and road games @Mizzou and Ark are all likely L's if this game is close. A&M will also be tough. LSU is our best matchup for our defense. Our offense should put up the same, if not better, stats as last year and it's at home. Based on all factors above we should win by double digits minimum or it's going to be a long year.

I just don't get the Mizzou love everybody is pumping. I don't think they're a bad team but I don't think they are a very good team either. They have been playing in a very down East and have only had one or two tests a year these past couple of seasons. It's a lot easier to get up for one or two games a year as opposed to a West team that has to run a meat grinder of a gauntlet week in and week out. A down game for us is when we get to play a team out of the East. I'm much more relaxed about that game than I am any West team on our schedule this season.

Jack Lambert
09-08-2015, 02:54 PM

ONe thing we got going for us agianst A&M is the fact we get a Lay up game the week before to rest and they play LSU the week before.

TUSK
09-08-2015, 02:55 PM
Should yall put the Kibosh on LSU, is Les on the Hot Seat, immediately?

Auburn - ?
at 'Cuse - Fav
E Michigan - Fav
at South Carolina - ?
Florida - ?
W Kentucky - Fav
Open
at Alabama - Dog
Arkansas - ?
at Ole Miss - Dog
Texas A&M - ?

If he goes 3-2 in "toss up" games, that'd put him at 6-5...

That being said, I hope he stays there forevah....

TUSK
09-08-2015, 03:00 PM

I'm with you, Rouge... I think the LSU/MSU game Saturday is an "elimination game"....

SDDawg
09-08-2015, 03:02 PM
Mizzou is not very physical, not worried about them at all. Also not worried about LSU. There are only 3 games that could worry me this year, and another that annoys the piss out of me.

confucius say
09-08-2015, 03:13 PM
ONe thing we got going for us agianst A&M is the fact we get a Lay up game the week before to rest and they play LSU the week before.

That is the case for our game against auburn. Not a&m

Mjoelner34
09-08-2015, 03:18 PM

Just noticed something on the schedule. We play Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn and Ole Miss the week after they play LSU.

Johnson85
09-08-2015, 03:37 PM

If we don't start quickly on offense, I think this game is going to be close. And that won't mean we are screwed for the rest of the season. I expect LSU to be very talented across the board but too one dimensional to win big in the SEC. If a team gets out ahead of them early enough and puts them in a position where they feel like they have to pass, they will probably get blown out. But I don't think anybody that doesn't is going to blow them out unless it's Bama, since' Bama's front seven is probably good enough and deep enough to shut down their run the entire game.

RougeDawg
09-08-2015, 04:15 PM
Just noticed something on the schedule. We play Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn and Ole Miss the week after they play LSU.

This. LSU is our ally after midnight Saturday evening.

HancockCountyDog
09-08-2015, 05:43 PM
I threw out a bait pot to my corndog friends on Facebook and hardly any took it...just didnt respond. They are all secretly worried

I'm not hearing shit from the LSU folks on the coast. They know what is about to happen.

IMissJack
09-08-2015, 06:22 PM

I'm not 100% sold on Auburn. They are good, but Johnson didn't impress.

preachermatt83
09-08-2015, 10:37 PM

This!

RougeDawg
09-08-2015, 10:43 PM

Week 1 games could have been rust, jitters, and a combination of both for any team around the Conference and Nation. It will take two to three weeks to really see what people have.

Dawg61
09-09-2015, 12:37 AM
Week 1 games could have been rust, jitters, and a combination of both for any team around the Conference and Nation. It will take two to three weeks to really see what people have.

No he made some really atrocious reads. He's very bad and they don't have Tre Mason to bail him out. Marshall was a very good QB. Auburn will miss him bad.

Coach34
09-09-2015, 07:52 AM
Auburn is going to have Good Jeremy and Bad Jeremy. He can make some hellacious throws- and we saw he can make some atrocious reads

FISHDAWG
09-09-2015, 07:55 AM

I swear we will beat Auburn

Jack Lambert
09-09-2015, 07:57 AM

They play arkansas the wek before.

BulldogBear
09-09-2015, 08:32 AM
They play arkansas the wek before.

Even beyond that. I demand TAMU be measured with the same stick we were all the time.

Until they beat a team with a good defense and stop a team with a good offense, they still suck. This is similar to all the crap about Mullen being (small#-large#) against ranked teams or SECW or whatever you choose. A&M gets benefit of doubt we never did. BS but it's the way of things with a large fanbase.

Texas A&M has done nothing to warrant all the hype except be Texas A&M. They played a great game in the season opener. We see this every year.

Could be this year is different but until they beat Arkansas and us nothing has changed. I don't think it has.