PDA

View Full Version : Coaches choose players of the week...

CadaverDawg
09-08-2015, 11:33 AM
Offense : D Wilson (for blocking?)

Defense: T Cleveland (??)

ST: Holloway

Thoughts?

confucius say
09-08-2015, 11:35 AM
I would have thought Jefferson on defense. Don't know about his stat line, but he was disruptive all night.

msstate7
09-08-2015, 11:36 AM
Maybe the coaches put Cleveland in a bad position by making him play off to prevent big plays. If that's the case, perhaps Cleveland did well considering he was handcuffed by the coaches. Maybe I'm an idiot for coming up with this weird theory haha

ckDOG
Can't reward Ross after that dropped pass in the numbers. Wilson was an absolute Beast laying down blocks. I don't see why folks were so down on him. He's going to get his targets.

Defense: no comment

ST: obvious

ShotgunDawg
Offense : D Wilson (for blocking?)

Defense: T Cleveland (??)

ST: Holloway

Thoughts?

Hmmm

This doesn't surprise me. I come to believe that our coaches see the game & what's important completely different than us fans. For whatever reason, they simply don't care about some of the things we care about.

Maybe that's why they are good, IDK

Mjoelner34
09-08-2015, 11:41 AM
Offense : D Wilson (for blocking?) I would say yes, for blocking.

Defense: T Cleveland (??) Who's coaches? Ours or theirs?

ST: Holloway I agree.

Thoughts?

Political Hack
09-08-2015, 11:44 AM
Defense: AJ or Will. They only threw at Will 3 times I think and he picked one of them off. One completion on a trick play. Aj was a beast all game. CJ looked good too in spurts and so did James although his numbers will never reflect how well he does/does not play.

Offense: Clayborne or the TEs as a group.

Tbonewannabe
09-08-2015, 11:48 AM
Wilson was a beast blocking on the outside. 1 play he blocked 3 different guys.

Cleveland made a lot of tackles. You would hope a db would prevent them from making the catch but it could have been something the coaches had him playing off his man. I would have thought AJ but maybe the coaches saw something different in reviewing tapes.

Holloway was a given. Only other option was Graves.

smootness
09-08-2015, 11:53 AM
They may have picked Cleveland simply to help boost his confidence after being thrown into a starting role.

The coaches' jobs, more than handing out accurate weekly awards, is to get their players into the right mindset and have them playing their best. They probably feel like Cleveland was put in a tough spot, and perhaps he was down on himself for something, so they wanted to give him a boost.

ShotgunDawg
09-08-2015, 11:56 AM
They may have picked Cleveland simply to help boost his confidence after being thrown into a starting role.

The coaches' jobs, more than handing out accurate weekly awards, is to get their players into the right mindset and have them playing their best. They probably feel like Cleveland was put in a tough spot, and perhaps he was down on himself for something, so they wanted to give him a boost.

Doubt it unless he really played well in their eyes. The kid knows if he played well or not. The coaches giving him a shallow "player of the week award" doesn't change that. My guess is that Cleveland actually did something well that didn't show on TV or executed the game plan in a way that the coaches appreciated. Nothing more nothing less

Johnson85
09-08-2015, 12:20 PM
Doubt it unless he really played well in their eyes. The kid knows if he played well or not. The coaches giving him a shallow "player of the week award" doesn't change that. My guess is that Cleveland actually did something well that didn't show on TV or executed the game plan in a way that the coaches appreciated. Nothing more nothing less

Pretty sure this is what it is. Wilson's reward seems to be pretty obviously for his blocking, which if another offensive player had excelled, would have left a lot of people scratching their head. I'm guessing they look at a lot of little things as far as executing the game plan and that Cleveland graded out well by that standard. Not saying they don't also let who needs a boost play into it, but I can't believe they'd completely decouple it from performance.

SDDawg
09-08-2015, 12:58 PM
This is super interesting on D- tells us that the game plan was definitely put in place with purpose and that Cleveland is considered to have executed it well. I'm still not sure why we did this, but we had similar discussions last year about several games and things turned out ok so I'm going with the coaches.

FISHDAWG
09-08-2015, 01:34 PM
so was the play by Chris Jones considered average for him ? Maybe so because we expect a lot out of him, but I thought he was the def star that shined