PDA

View Full Version : Wow- from unranked to 16th in CBS poll

Coach34
09-08-2015, 10:43 AM
http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaaf/writer/dennis-dodd/25294123/college-football-power-rankings-get-used-to-ohio-state-at-no-1

LSU 17th
Northern Miss 18th

rbdog82
09-08-2015, 10:47 AM
They must have us confused with Northern Miss again***

Bama_Dawg
09-08-2015, 10:48 AM
Interesting. Big win on Saturday could realistically catapult us into the top 10.

Johnson85
09-08-2015, 10:54 AM
I am a fan of radical movement in early polls, as the first four or five weeks of the season give you so much more information than you had, but I'm not sure what he saw Saturday that would have changed his mind that much.

SDDawg
09-08-2015, 10:58 AM
I am a fan of radical movement in early polls, as the first four or five weeks of the season give you so much more information than you had, but I'm not sure what he saw Saturday that would have changed his mind that much.

+1.

BeardoMSU
09-08-2015, 10:58 AM
It's just so LSU can have an early win over a ranked team on their resume***

starkvegasdawg
09-08-2015, 11:09 AM
Be nice if they could get the team logos right. We're evidently Clemson now and the Bears are us.

ShotgunDawg
09-08-2015, 11:14 AM
USA Today has us ranked 44th, Asschaps has us 10th in the SEC, & CBS has us ranked 16th.

It appears that nobody knows how good we are & that includes me & everyone else on this site.

Here is what I do know about us:

1. We have a good QB & he has some good receivers

2. We aren't the 44th best team

That's all I KNOW. I don't have any clue if we are a top 10 team or just a top 30 team. I have no clue.

We'll learn more this weekend

Jack Lambert
09-08-2015, 11:18 AM
To be honest A&M deserves to be higher than Ole Miss or LSU.

Jack Lambert
09-08-2015, 11:21 AM
USA Today has us ranked 44th, Asschaps has us 10th in the SEC, & CBS has us ranked 16th.

It appears that nobody knows how good we are & that includes me & everyone else on this site.

That's all I KNOW. I don't have any clue if we are a top 10 team or just a top 30 team. I have no clue.

The only poll that matters to me is the play off poll. UT Martin is going to hurt ole miss and if USM does well in C-USA it will help us. These are 12 human getting together and talking it out where all those other polls are hundred of people voting and have no clue about many of the teams.

SDDawg
09-08-2015, 11:25 AM

They do, assuming ASU is anything at all close to what they have been. But that's another thing we still don't know. My quick take: I think we're ranked a bit high, OM is off the charts high until they play somebody, LSU shouldn't be ranked until we see them play, and A&M may have some really big challenges on offense that are still unresolved going into SEC play but for now they should be higher than OM, LSU and possibly us.

Johnson85
09-08-2015, 12:23 PM
The only poll that matters to me is the play off poll. UT Martin is going to hurt ole miss and if USM does well in C-USA it will help us. These are 12 human getting together and talking it out where all those other polls are hundred of people voting and have no clue about many of the teams.

I've got to believe that neither the USM and UT Martin will be relevant to the playoff committee. While USM is obviously a lot better, neither team is good enough to threaten somebody that legitimately belongs in the playoff discussion.

maroonmania
09-08-2015, 12:32 PM

I agree, they at least handily beat what is supposed to be an above average team. I thought we were going to be good this year going into the game Saturday but now I'm less sure. Its not like I expected us to go into Hattiesburg and totally steamroll USM, given they were jacked for the game, but I didn't expect us to be so sloppy either and get little to nothing out of the redshirt freshman class in backup positions. And I'm talking about guys like Lee/Williams, Thomas, Hoyett, J Jackson, B Bryant and others. Not sure any of them saw meaningful snaps.

archdog
09-08-2015, 01:05 PM
That was the power rankings poll.

Ralph
09-08-2015, 01:06 PM
I think 26th is about right based on what we've seen. Hovering outside T25 waiting for a reason to be catapulted again. Beat LSU and that will happen.

RougeDawg
09-08-2015, 01:11 PM
I've got to believe that neither the USM and UT Martin will be relevant to the playoff committee. While USM is obviously a lot better, neither team is good enough to threaten somebody that legitimately belongs in the playoff discussion.

I'm pretty sure he meant that USM will have a pretty good year this year, thus boosting our RPI or whatever they call it in football. Maybe Strength of Schedule. I looked at the Buzzard schedule and they realistically can win 7-9 games, depending on their weekly effort. They will be at minimum bowl eligible this season and that can only help us in the end.

As far as Asschaps is concerned, we could have beaten the New England Patriots this past weekend and he still wouldn't give us any respect. He's a closet Bear and makes every attempt to keep us down and pump them up. Anyone's who's paid attention to him over the past4-5 years knows this about him without a doubt. 17 him and his goofy attire.

maroonmania
09-08-2015, 01:12 PM
I think 26th is about right based on what we've seen. Hovering outside T25 waiting for a reason to be catapulted again. Beat LSU and that will happen.

Probably so, for one thing nobody has a clue how good USM is with all the new players they added. I do believe they are improved from last year but it was hard to tell how much given all the mistakes we made and the emotion they had from their home crowd.

RougeDawg
09-08-2015, 01:19 PM

Wonder what Asschaps will rank us this week after demolishing his other homer team?

BulldogBear
09-08-2015, 02:19 PM

Till they play them...or us...or Bama...or Arkansas.... oh well. TAMU will keep winning as long as they don't play SEC games.

BulldogBear
09-08-2015, 02:20 PM
Wonder what Asschaps will rank us this week after demolishing his other homer team?

11th in SEC