PDA

View Full Version : CBS Sports Top 25 Poll

ChevChelios
09-08-2015, 10:31 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/dennis-dodd/25294123/college-football-power-rankings-get-used-to-ohio-state-at-no-1

BeardoMSU
09-08-2015, 10:44 AM
#16....? Gotta say, I'm shocked. Is this legit, lol?

SDDawg
09-08-2015, 10:55 AM
I can't see how someone would rank us at #16 if they watched the game. Not trying to rain on the parade, but either Southern Miss is *WAY* better than I think they are *OR* we were pretty rusty and flat footed for most of the game (maybe both are true?). I only saw 2 drives that really showed what we can do as a team so this is a surprise to me, the stat lines look better than the film (outside of time of possession).

smootness
09-08-2015, 11:25 AM
This looks like just one guy's power ranking. The question is, did he put out a ranking last week? Because he may have just had us there all along but didn't release anything until after week 1.

ShotgunDawg
09-08-2015, 11:33 AM
I can't see how someone would rank us at #16 if they watched the game. Not trying to rain on the parade, but either Southern Miss is *WAY* better than I think they are *OR* we were pretty rusty and flat footed for most of the game (maybe both are true?). I only saw 2 drives that really showed what we can do as a team so this is a surprise to me, the stat lines look better than the film (outside of time of possession).

Not disagreeing, but we were the only SEC team to play a true road this week. While I don't think that should rank us 16th, it is a circumstance that no one else had to deal with.

drunkernhelldawg
09-08-2015, 11:42 AM
I think is just Dennis Dodd's opinion. Isn't he from Starkville?